BCM's Ultimate E90 Member Hangout.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
JP the factory air pressure recommendation settings have understeer dialled in. Blame our ever litigious society.

26 psi for the fronts is too low, isn't the factory setting 29/36 or something like that.

Start with the high speed setting, the second set and slowly dial in the front pressure to get the right balance.

When I was running my 16" 156s setup I was quite happy with either 32 to 34 in front and 36 to 38 in the rear. I left the front a little soft for my daily bumpy commutes. The higher than recommended air pressure setting actually helped me delay and minimize the cupping defect that the Bridgestone EL42s were prone to. BMW has since quietly revised the air pressure settings for higher front pressures since the extensive recall/replacement campaign here in the US.

I'm running 36/39 on my 18" 197s Bridgestone RE050As right now for high speed runs and handling.

If you want to run even pressures, try 37 PSI all around. That worked for me too.

Thanks Guys! But I did check last night and the car came with 225/45/17s all round so a lot of the recommended pressures for your staggered setup may not be applicable. I don't have the manual cos it's not my car but I'll look at the sticker by the door panel or fuel cap (assuming BMW still puts in there).

Its by the driver's door jamb/panel.

BTw my 16s were not staggered. Go with the 37s all around, you should be ok.

My slow-coach 320i doesn't come with staggered wheels, but I still put in 32psi in the front, and 34psi at the back.

Juan Powerblow;204748 said:
Thanks guys! I'll try and let you guys know what I think was the best compromise.

Closest matching wins a prize :p

Schwepps;204764 said:
You mean closest matching wins a honkin' prize :rolleyes:

Gadzooks, yes! A honkin' prize.

Gee willikers... :rolleyes:

That's it, no more 'Green Acres' reruns for you, mister.

:D

I just picked up one of the last few CBU E90 325i pre-regs sitting around, in my fav color - Arctic with grey interior. I'm quite excited, and although the 325i sports would have been ultimate, the RM306k price tag was enough for my wife to leave me and take my kid along LOL.

I think delivery would be pretty quick, maybe within a week *fingers crossed*. It was a real tossup between Arctic and SG. No doubt the CBU SG is more macho, but somehow the arctic always makes my heart beat a little faster when I see it :)

E46Fanatic;205222 said:
I just picked up one of the last few CBU E90 325i pre-regs sitting around, in my fav color - Arctic with grey interior. I'm quite excited, and although the 325i sports would have been ultimate, the RM306k price tag was enough for my wife to leave me and take my kid along LOL.

I think delivery would be pretty quick, maybe within a week *fingers crossed*. It was a real tossup between Arctic and SG. No doubt the CBU SG is more macho, but somehow the arctic always makes my heart beat a little faster when I see it :)

Congrats on the purchase E46Fanatic, or do you need to change your ID to E90Fanatic now :D. Did you get yours from the Pre-owned AB Fair/event in Sg. Besi?

E46Fanatic;205222 said:

E46F,

CONGRATS!. how much cheaper is it compared to 325 sport, if i may ask?

E46F congrats...arctic is a 'honkin' color as we discussed here on many occassions. Did it come with the 161s or the 159s?

Post some pics ASAP.

I applaud E46F for his decision. Having been driving the E90 325i for the past week, I'm remarkably pleased that it feels far more accomplished that the E46 i.e. it's more "planted" on the road with its added dimensions and the added features and enhancements would definitely and persistently remind you that you're now driving a new generation BMW. Oh, the engine is honking too! The extra hp and torque is prevalent to the very last drop of revs. So, I'm now surprised at the the 0.6 secs advantage to its E46 counterpart in a century sprint.

LOL 'honking' is the word of the month, courtesy of Schwepps :D

Glad to see our E90 sub-group growing...

+1.

Each generation of the 3 has been a quantum leap upwards, although purists may say that the earlier versions were more true to the 3-series ethos.

The E90 is definitely honkin'. The 325i Sports was on display at the BMW stand at the Sepang F1, facing a 525i Sports and they were both drooly :p

Well, you did it again JPB! Went for your test drive and E46F went along to kepoh, but he ended up getting the car before you! I thought it would happen :D

We're still waiting for your announcement, Schwepps. When are you pulling the trigger on that SG/Grey Sport?? :D

I think middle age is creeping up on you KL2DC. I announced that I'd pulled the trigger on a SG 325i Sports a few weeks ago! Awaiting delivery only...

May I recommend Gingko Forte 500 to keep the aging synapses connected? :D

Really?!! Can't believe I missed that...:p Please forgive me.

Well, in that case I am sure I have not conveyed my congratulations!

Sounds great, wishing you a speedy delivery.

Thanks for the tip on the Ginko but the last thing I need for my memory lapses is more herbs :D

Top Bottom