BCM's Ultimate E90 Member Hangout.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Absolutely no harm in asking for 1 week's or even 2 week's grace since it's through no fault of yours. You can show your buyer the date you booked your car.

Eyy, who says no car no honey? Sob a bit and some chicks will want to mother you by picking you up for the date. May even be an E46 - didn't you read about Marion Caunter's ride in yesterday's NST-CBT pullout? Can't remember which forumer sold it to her, but her cute b*tt is sitting where his used to be... :D

I wonder what's the state of the car having been stuck in port for so long. If the waiting period for a "ready" stock is more than 4 weeks, the 6-8 weeks waiting period for a "customised" order in the US as represented by KL2DC seems like a miracle! Oh well... Malaysia Boleh!

David,

Do you know if the auto spa in jalan ampang (near phileo) any good??
And the charges??

cheers..

Juan Powerblow;203062 said:
I wonder what's the state of the car having been stuck in port for so long. If the waiting period for a "ready" stock is more than 4 weeks, the 6-8 weeks waiting period for a "customised" order in the US as represented by KL2DC seems like a miracle! Oh well... Malaysia Boleh!

If and when the car can be collected, you can insist that they change the rubbers, wiper blades, etc. if you find them to be affected by the sun and heat. This is before you sign on the dotted line of course. :)

raz2338;203063 said:
David,

And the charges??

cheers..

I believe we should not be sending our car to these establishments for at least 6 months, until the wax or stuff that comes with the new car has settled. Correct me if I am wrong. :confused:

raz2338;203063 said:
David,

And the charges??

cheers..

I think this refers Carnauba Auto Spa. Auto Bavaria sends their new cars there prior to delivery to buyers. However, I was told this was only for pre-reg CBU cars which were left in Port Klang for up to a year and had severe deterioration and decolorisation. For those purchasing new CBU and CKD units, I suppose they can still ask for one round of full treatment as part of the purchase.

JPB,

I doubt AB sends their new cars (pre-reg CBU etc) to Auto Spa. When I got my Pre-Reg CBU it was definitely not sparkling i.e. if it was done by AutoSpa. In fact I saw them washing the cars and polishing them at AB service centers. Unless they have just recently changed their modus operandi here.

Some give me a quick update on what I missed, been out of the loop the last few.

danc;203415 said:
JPB,

I doubt AB sends their new cars (pre-reg CBU etc) to Auto Spa. When I got my Pre-Reg CBU it was definitely not sparkling i.e. if it was done by AutoSpa. In fact I saw them washing the cars and polishing them at AB service centers. Unless they have just recently changed their modus operandi here.

Danc, I checked with two sources with two different AB branches and was told this was a practice. For severe cases i.e. those left in port due to AP problems, the cars were even given Auto Bright treatment b4 delivery. Some AB salespeople won't readily offer or disclose this esp the seasoned ones who can be quite tight fisted but if you know this concession was provided for other buyers before, you should press for "equal" treatment.

Guys, as some of you might know, the delivery of my E92 has been materially delayed. I'm not at liberty to disclose the reason as it might implicate some people. Suffice to say, I was pretty disappointed, particularly since I had already delivered my ex-E46 (funny, I'm still not used to saying this!) to its new owner. Some kind soul was at least amenable to provide me an E90 325i for my full use while I wait. So, I'll be using that for the next 2-3 weeks.

Well, my admiration of the E90 has grown in the last 2 days! I think Active Steering is fantastic! I've been able to take the bends enroute from Sri Hartamas to PJ with much aplomb, the car maintaining its composure remarkably. The Xenons are also well-spread. The extra spaciousness and comfort is very very apparent vis-a-vis the E46.

Embarassingly, I couldn't start the car this morning. I had entered the keycard and pressed the Start button but nothing happened except for a flurry of lights on the dash. I tried everything. Step the brake, put on seat belt, put 2 hands on the steering wheel, uttered "stut kar" (in fake German accent) in case there was some voice control I didn't know about and nothing happened. In desperation after 10 minutes pretending the car was moving when it was in fact NOT and looking like I was trying to hotwire the blardy thing in full view of passer-bys, I decided to call Albundy, who is now a BMW Advanced Driving instructor. This establishment (Stage 2) uses the E90 325i as the staple trainer. He immediately pointed out the problem, the kink in the brake paddle b4 pressing the Start button.

The experience hadn't diminished my perception of the car. It's a beaut! Judging by so many E46s being put on sale in this forum, one can't help but wonder if there's gonna be a flurry of E90s in our midst pretty soon. If I may offer my well-founded congrats to impending E90 buyers! Congrats!!

JP...I don't geddit? What kink in the brake pedal?

Sorry to hear about your E92 delay. Shoulda gone with the E90 Sports! :D

I've been telling you guys the E90 is a "honking car" To amusingly quote a fellow member here who's fixated on using 1950's lingo ;)

KL2DC;204586 said:
JP...I don't geddit? What kink in the brake pedal?

Sorry to hear about your E92 delay. Shoulda gone with the E90 Sports! :D

I've been telling you guys the E90 is a "honking car" To amusingly quote a fellow member here who's fixated on using 1950's lingo ;)

Oh, I had in fact depressed the brake pedal b4 starting the car but with my feeble feet, somehow the electronics didn't register this. I've now learn that I need to place my foot in the middle of the brake pedal i.e. just leaving your foot at the side of the pedal won't cut it. Besides the more determined placement, I notice there must be 'nuff pressure for the car to register this action precedent, hence the "kink".

I sense a poke at my side re the I should've settled for the 325i Sports remark. Well, as some naive gals would put it, my impending E92 looks faster than E90s, so it must be faster, hahahahahaha! Take that!! :cool: :) ;)

JP LOL ... I'm just ribbing you. The E92 is definitely sexier!

Now I get it, yes liberal pressure is required, especially in the morning. You might notice that the pedal is stiffer right before startup.

It looks like you need to go to the gym more often lol

Sorry to hear about the delay in getting your E92. Well at least "someone" gave you a loaner E90 325i while waiting. Some of us would probably have to make do with Rapid-KL, Metrobus, STAR-LRT, or KTM if we were faced with the same situation. Enjoy your the E90 325i (can trash without feeling guilty :D) in the meantime yah! :)

KL2DC - just having fun, bro! Looking forward to you coming back so the E90's gang can orgynise your homecoming!

Rookie - I've been treating the car quite well tho and admiring the E90 more and more each day. The car didn't come with a manual since it's a loaner.

Shod in standard 225/45/17s all round Contis on std suspension, I was wondering what sort of tyre pressure should be applied. I noticed a huge disparity of 26 psi for fronts and a whopping 34-38 psi for the rears. I have now evened all tyres at 33 psi to bring the car back to alignment.

JPB,
If it is a CBU 325i then the tire setup shld be 225/45/17 in front and 255/40/17 rear. I have tried a few different setting and the one that works best for me......just follow the recommended pressure by BM. So I am using 220 front and 240 rear. The ride is slightly stiff but it is still ok. Handles much better.

Hope your E92 comes soon, can guess how you feel, all the waiting and still no car.

Anyway have fun with the 325!

Top Bottom