BCM's Ultimate E90 Member Hangout.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Thanks guys..will certainly share on the prices that i gonna find out..danc..yes..i am on 17" tyres..

any idea where to get the M3 kit and how much will it cost...

I hv this rattling sound from the dash board..and today is my 4th times going into service center ( Glenmarie )..I can hear it whenever the road is uneven or going thru speed bump...

I suspect AB counldn't identify the cause of the probelm..and each time after picking up the car..the rattling will slowly return..

Devil.

I thought i read some where on this site that you can get the M3 Kit from AB (maybe even Sapura now) and it cost about RM 800++. Not sure though.

Oooh dashboard rattles. That must be bugging you. I have some slight rattle in the rear. I have sent it to AB and to have felt tape the 3rd brake light rear parcel shelf etc. Till now still some minor rattles. I suspect mine is coming from the cup holders at the rear seats. Just that now no time to go to AB so just learn to live with the minor irritation.

But touch wood, everything else is ok. Just that I have been waiting for some parts to be changed since I got the car (slight defects). It has been 4 months! What is AB doing????

I should be getting my E92 next week but realised it doesn't come with a CD changer i.e. it only comes with CD changer "preparation". I was told that this cost an extra RM3K plus from AB but was advised to go for the more popular i-pod interface which is less than RM2K. I don't have an i-pod but I suppose it's a good idea to get one now, huh... Just wondering what the sound quality would be like though. I guess it would be inferior to CDs?

Juan Powerblow;201959 said:
I should be getting my E92 next week but realised it doesn't come with a CD changer i.e. it only comes with CD changer "preparation". I was told that this cost an extra RM3K plus from AB but was advised to go for the more popular i-pod interface which is less than RM2K. I don't have an i-pod but I suppose it's a good idea to get one now, huh... Just wondering what the sound quality would be like though. I guess it would be inferior to CDs?

I don't have any idea since I haven't connected my iPod to my E90 before, as I don't have the iPod interface. I am guessing the CD should sound better. :confused:

My opinion is that it's definitely better to get the iPod interface than the CD changer since you can store more albums into an iPod (e.g. 4 GB) compared to a CD-changer, and you have flexibility using play-lists as well.

On the same note, has anyway tried connecting their iPod/MP3 to the AUX input?

Yeh bros, I've tried connecting my ipod nano to the Aux input. On sound quality is just like playing yr CDs. but it's drained out the ipod battery faster. It good to have the ipod interface installed. I've ordered mine thru' AB Ktn.

bahang;202043 said:
Yeh bros, I've tried connecting my ipod nano to the Aux input. On sound quality is just like playing yr CDs. but it's drained out the ipod battery faster. It good to have the ipod interface installed. I've ordered mine thru' AB Ktn.

Thanks for the input bahang. I assume you can get the cable to connect your iPod Nano to the AUX input from any reputable hardware store?

Thanks guys! My salesperson in AB says that the i-pod interface is now the far more popular choice. Well, its time for me to keep up with the times and get an i-pod!

Juan Powerblow;202180 said:
Thanks guys! My salesperson in AB says that the i-pod interface is now the far more popular choice. Well, its time for me to keep up with the times and get an i-pod!

Hi JPB, just got back in town and envious to hear that you'll be getting your dream coupe in a week. :p My Sports has been booked but is still sheet metal and parts at this stage I imagine! :(

Just wanna give you my thoughts on the CD vs iPod thingy. There's no question that the sound quality should be equivalent. The music raw material (bits and bytes) are the same. As an output device, an iPod is probably better than a CD player as there are no moving parts. So sound quality is really more dependent on the amplifier and speakers.

Price: if you factor in the cost of an iPod, say a 4GB nano plus accessories, the 2k cost for the interface becomes close to 3k for the whole thing. The difference with a CD changer becomes marginal. If you go for the bigger iPods, you're talking even more serious money. Malaysia is an expensive place to buy iPods.

But more importantly than price, sound and "the more popular choice nowadays" think about whether you're an iPod person. Wifey and I inherited our kids' minis when we bought them nanos, but we don't really like listening to music with earbuds, so they sit in the drawer....

One has to spend time searching for and downloading the music, transfering it over and organising one's playlists. In another thread you said you're notorious for not making HH appointments. You sound like an eternally busy person like me. Downloading music takes hours. If you're into that sort of thing, then fine. But in my whole life I've downloaded a total of 2 songs. :p Frankly I couldn't be bothered and prefer to browse in a CD shop, take 10 CDs to the counter and hand over my credit card. The act of stacking a CD changer is a once-only job, then it's push the buttons. The act of fiddling with an iPod to start a playlist will be something you'll need to do each time you start the car.

Don't get me wrong, an iPod is a very cool device and I always recommend them as gifts. I think I've bought a dozen of them so far. Neither am I trying to deter or influence you my friend, but I just want to be sure you're making an informed choice for the beautiful car that you'll be riding in a very short while. :)

Juan Powerblow;202180 said:

Hi Juan,

I also first thought want to get the i pod interface. AB segambut quote me about 1800 plus i think. But sincerely i think you wouldnt be needing that ipod.

If you may notice the latest bmw profesional radio comes with mp3 capability. Why would you need ipod to play your mp3 when you can have the same with your cd and play with the single disc player?

An average mp3 song will be about 5mb and 1 cd can hold up to about 120 songs. And by using cd, you can still arrange the songs by folder and select what are the songs you want to play.

Thats what im doing now and i save the 3k (Ipod interface & iPod).

Hope this help you to decide.

Cheers bro.

hi guys....
will be getting my 320 se next week....can't wait..

so....any problem with the E90 that u all have been using so far??

CD changer, MP3-CDs or iPod interface all have their own pros and cons. I personally would go for the iPod (not the interface but the input to the AUX) because of the following reasons:

- I own an iPod which I use regularly during my business travels. Sort of kills some of the boredom
- I don't download songs, but rip them straight from the music CD's using iTunes that I purchase from Tower Records, etc. I also like to listen to some of the older CDs that I have, so I find it more convenient just to import once into the iPod
- I have tried burning MP3 CDs, and using them on the CD player, but I find it a bit of a hassle to buy blank CDs, burn them, etc.

Just my 2 kupang :)

raz2338;202414 said:
hi guys....
will be getting my 320 se next week....can't wait..

so....any problem with the E90 that u all have been using so far??

Hi raz2338, congratulations on your new baby :cool: Welcome to the E90 gang. So far, the only problem I can see from this forum is are the windows sill rubbbers hardening, but seems to only affect CBU E90s. Other than that, no problems (at least for myself lah :D)

Ripping CDs into the iPod is certainly the way to go, Rookie, but I'm not even bothered to do that! :eek: I agree that if you're an iPod user and carry one with you, using your iPod in the car too makes a lot of sense. But to buy one just for the car doesn't make it for me.

Re-travel, the airport lounge waits ARE rather boring aren't they? I don't carry a notebook with me if I can help it, so I get onto the net using my 3G Dopod which is also my cellphone. :)

Thanks for all your input guys! I've been planning to get an i-pod for some time now so this seems like an opportune time. I agree with Schwepps that with my lifestyle at the moment, time is a precious commodity and I can't imagine myself checking out music on the internet, arranging my playlist etc. In fact, I was hoping to skive off tracks from friends who may have the time for this sorta of thing. I have already identified an i-pod crazy fella who share the same taste in music. That should be easy, rite? i.e. the ability to migrate database with just one push of a button? I'm a real i-pod baby here!

I'm getting a wee bit distraught over the time AB is taking to get my car from BMW Malaysia. I made the order in the first week of this month and was told it only takes 10 days for the car to clear customs i.e. the car I chose was already in Port Klang. It's almost end of the month and AB is still unable to provide me the chassis and engine numbers for my financier and registration. Has anyone here got any insights on what's taking so long?!

Juan Powerblow;202663 said:
I'm getting a wee bit distraught over the time AB is taking to get my car from BMW Malaysia. I made the order in the first week of this month and was told it only takes 10 days for the car to clear customs i.e. the car I chose was already in Port Klang. It's almost end of the month and AB is still unable to provide me the chassis and engine numbers for my financier and registration. Has anyone here got any insights on what's taking so long?!

What is new man :mad:. When they want to close a deal, they will say anything. Perhaps you need to push your sales person for the details. Sometimes the issue may be at the customs or because of AP clearance since our folks there are not known for efficiency or need "additional motivation" to get things going. :rolleyes:

rookie;202700 said:
What is new man :mad:. When they want to close a deal, they will say anything. Perhaps you need to push your sales person for the details. Sometimes the issue may be at the customs or because of AP clearance since our folks there are not known for efficiency or need "additional motivation" to get things going. :rolleyes:

Yeah lah. I've employed every trick in the book including offering to "help" by speaking to BMW Malaysia directly since I know these guys from my previous position as one of the founding committees of the Club. I thot that might panic 'em a bit and initially, that seemed like the reaction I was getting. I'm just a bit pissed that the car, despite being CBU, is already here in Port Klang but I've not been able to see it for a month after putting my booking fee. To a lot of these guys working in BMW, it's just paperwork for 'em. They don't see or even have an incling of understanding of their customer's perspective. I won't be so naive in future and insist on exchange of correspondences I can throw at 'em b4 I put my dosh down the next time.

Patience JPB :) I think we all know that BMW/AB put all their speed in their cars, but are dead slow themselves. When I booked my 325i Sports mid-month, I was told "delivery in April...but could be May...depends on production...only one line in the plant for all variants you see..." I smiled to myself and thought, more like June you mean? Luckily I'm not a person who needs the car urgently.

I feel for you since you've sold your E46 and need the car, but be patient. It'll be worth it in the end. ;)

Yes, Schwepps, the reason why I'm pissed is cos I promised the buyer he can have my car by end of the month. It was suggested that I ask the buyer for a one week grace but I feel bad doing that. I thought 1 month would be a safe bet since the car is already in the country. Now, I'm gonna be without a car and that irks me big time cos ya know lah, no car, no honey!

Top Bottom