BCM's Ultimate E90 Member Hangout.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I'm looking at the OEM type 162s. It's a nice rims. Or the one that on the recently launched e90 325i Sports Edition. I guess it's the type 193s ???

Yep, type 193Ms. The OEM wheels are heavy though but quite robust. They will take a beating, something to consider if you're switching out to non-RFT.

David Yong said:
Wondering how much would it cost for the 193Ms ???

You can get those here in the US for about USD330 a piece, from local dealership. You can use that as a reference point. There aren't replicas yet for the 193Ms, at least none that I am aware of, unlike the popular 162s.

It seems cheaper in the US. Over here, my guess would be about RM2,000 per piece from Auto Bavaria or about RM1,600 per piece from other parallel importers?!

Juan Powerblow said:
It seems cheaper in the US. Over here, my guess would be about RM2,000 per piece from Auto Bavaria or about RM1,600 per piece from other parallel importers?!

Yep, that's why I included the US price...most things UDM seem to be double in bolehland :eek: , so in this case, its just about spot on :rolleyes:

danc said:
sgbuloh,

So hows the ride like with non-rfts? Did you upgrd from 16in to 18in? Wats the diff? in terms of comfort, handling, noise etc?

sorry for the late reply,

ride? much better really , lesss rubber so its more stable during high speed on the expressways. yes i did upgrade from 16- 18 , comfort i'd say bit better, not tremendously but noticeable . handling much better specially round corners, noise ? at least 20-30% more quieter than before on the rft's .

will be collecting the repair kit from AB glen marie , the gel thingy.

i think if u get ur rft's frm AB its bout 1800 if im not mistaken a piece . non-rft is about 1400 like mine for 18" .

hope that helps

Dave,

Nice, I was thinking about your route too.... 18" 162s :p
But then again, its the issue of where to get the damn space saver spare.... n it eats up a lot of space :(

Who cares about the spare tires or repair kit. Like mentioned earlier, just call AAM or whoever it is to helpout whenever there is a puncture.... and it cost much more cheaper than purchasing RFT :)

David Yong said:
Who cares about the spare tires or repair kit. Like mentioned earlier, just call AAM or whoever it is to helpout whenever there is a puncture.... and it cost much more cheaper than purchasing RFT :)

I disagree, its a good idea to have the M Mobility kit (or similar latex sealant product) and OEM jack set with adapters at the bare minimum. For longer trips, I'd try to stick a spare wheel/tire in the boot. This is for personal convenience, security and piece of mind. Roadside assistance should be caleld upon as a last resort, the reason being that they almost always take forever and then there's the issue of coverage area. Besides, even if you like using them, you'd need something for them to work with. It would be a hassle to have your car flatbedded every time you have a flat tire.

KL2DC said:
I disagree, its a good idea to have the M Mobility kit (or similar latex sealant product) and OEM jack set with adapters at the bare minimum. For longer trips, I'd try to stick a spare wheel/tire in the boot. This is for personal convenience, security and piece of mind. Roadside assistance should be caleld upon as a last resort, the reason being that they almost always take forever and then there's the issue of coverage area. Besides, even if you like using them, you'd need something for them to work with. It would be a hassle to have your car flatbedded every time you have a flat tire.

Yes, I would have the kit for security, but I would assess the situation: whether I want to use it or call assistance. Don't forget that cars and parts may be a lot cheaper in the US, but services are a lot more expensive, KL2DC. It's the reverse here. I have AAM, and the mobile no of a flatbedder whom I can trust (because he freelances for an authorised workshop) Within the Klang valley, he can reach me in 45 mins or so, and load my car on his flatbed single-handedly within 5 minutes. He'll then offer me a ride in the cab to the workshop of my choice. All for RM200 cash. 60 bucks.

We complain about the cost of cars and such here, but to compensate, our services are very cheap. I recently sent one car to an outside mechanic to diagnose a problem. It was an overnight job to find and fix it. At the end of it, the service charge was RM50. That's 15 bucks! Cost of lunch for one in the US.

BTW, it's always better to use a flatbed than a tow truck. They're big trucks and the loading is a simple winch up a ramp. Chocks in place and off you go...no wheels on the road. Your car is transported safely and luxuriously!

On the RTF issues, if 1 or 2 tyres are gone, is it possible to have combination of RFT and normal tyres? like..2 RFT at the front and 2 normal tyres at rear..

Schwepps said:
BTW, it's always better to use a flatbed than a tow truck. They're big trucks and the loading is a simple winch up a ramp. Chocks in place and off you go...no wheels on the road. Your car is transported safely and luxuriously!

Its safer for the car and easier on the transmission too :)

Keep in mind that you need to monitor alignment if you go through frequent flat bedding.

Devilkl said:
On the RTF issues, if 1 or 2 tyres are gone, is it possible to have combination of RFT and normal tyres? like..2 RFT at the front and 2 normal tyres at rear..

Its not ideal for various reasons:

1) Different tires behave differently
-grip
-rotational speed
-comfort
-wear
-weight

2) You'd still need to carry a spare or fix-a-flat

3) It's pretty ghetto :p

KL2DC said:
Its safer for the car and easier on the transmission too :)

Keep in mind that you need to monitor alignment if you go through frequent flat bedding.

Yeah, I flatbed myself every night and my back needs realignment once in a while. :D

Why does one need to monitor alignment if one goes through frequent flatbedding, Ultimate Sifu?

Schwepps said:
Yeah, I flatbed myself every night and my back needs realignment once in a while. :D

Why does one need to monitor alignment if one goes through frequent flatbedding, Ultimate Sifu?

Because, Grasshopper :D , the chains holding the car down securely onto the flat bed is also acting upon the suspension geometry everytime the truck hits bumps and potholes. Its for this very reason that BMW ships/rails all their cars with shipping blocks to reduce/prevent excessive car movement in transit. Its all precautionary of course.

Ah Sooooo, USF :) The flatbed I use only had the winch to hold the car from sliding back plus chocks on all 4 wheels. Rules here more relaxed than in the US I think. :D

Schwepps said:
Ah Sooooo, USF :) The flatbed I use only had the winch to hold the car from sliding back plus chocks on all 4 wheels. Rules here more relaxed than in the US I think. :D

Well in that case, I'd be sure to tell the driver to slow down in those tight corners and to watch the bumps.... :p

Top Bottom