BCM's Ultimate E90 Member Hangout.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
David Yong said:
Of course you can still get 18" or 19" RFT tires out there. But you will be surprise with the price. If I am not mistaken, it is about RM 2,000 to RM 2,500 per piece!

Gawd damnit!
Rims itself is gonna cost a bomb.....
Does anyone know where to drool at nice rims around town?

fayehong said:
RFT was invented for road safety, this was informed by the AB services manager. it was even worst [ i mean the ride] when it was launch sometimes 2 years back. the latest RFT is better now n hopefully it will improve further by next year lah.
as far as i m concerned..oredi get used to the hardness, noice.......... so the service manager has advised me to better stay put with the RFT lah...safety mah..right.:)

What brands r in the market now?
I'm on Pirellies

a|an said:
What brands r in the market now?
I'm on Pirellies
wow..on Pirellies kah...branded tyre..i am on continental, my friedn was on Michellin., i heard that almost all brand of tyre got RFT, but not very sure of the price. My friend just changed his RFT at Rm1000, 205-55-16".Michelin.[for 320 model] Hopefully, the price will come down lah..at it cost a bomb if we intend to change it. almost 3-4 time more expensive than normal tyre lah.:D

what to do ur car also the price 3-4 times more than normal car..kekkkekee

fayehong said:
wow..on Pirellies kah...branded tyre..i am on continental, my friedn was on Michellin., i heard that almost all brand of tyre got RFT, but not very sure of the price. My friend just changed his RFT at Rm1000, 205-55-16".Michelin.[for 320 model] Hopefully, the price will come down lah..at it cost a bomb if we intend to change it. almost 3-4 time more expensive than normal tyre lah.:D

sigh sigh sigh :(

just got the 162 rims at 18inches , costs a bomb but worth the look of OEM ,
its the oem 330i rims i believe so .
ride's a lot better now , noise levels are down quite a lot compared to b4 .
collecting the repair kit as am not running RFTs anymore couldnt stand the noise. plus its cheaper is most ways. lose a bit of power on bigger rims but who's counting anyway if u're in a UDM right?
:)

sgbuloh_e90 said:
just got the 162 rims at 18inches , costs a bomb but worth the look of OEM ,
its the oem 330i rims i believe so .
ride's a lot better now , noise levels are down quite a lot compared to b4 .
collecting the repair kit as am not running RFTs anymore couldnt stand the noise. plus its cheaper is most ways. lose a bit of power on bigger rims but who's counting anyway if u're in a UDM right?
:)

Wow....
If u dun mind me asking, how much did u pay for the set - rims + rubbers?

yup i like to know as well.... cos i am thinking of changing to the hartge 19"!!!!

sgbuloh_e90 said:
just got the 162 rims at 18inches , costs a bomb but worth the look of OEM, its the oem 330i rims i believe so. ride's a lot better now , noise levels are down quite a lot compared to b4. :)
Sgbuloh_e90 - any pictures available, aside from your avatar?? :) Have you lowered your car?

I tried asking AB to reprogram the air circulation ( permanantly on )..it can't be done..

As for my RFT..I better leave them untouch till they are worn out...then will rethink abt whether to change...

a|an said:
R u driving a 325i?
How long did u run it in for?

alan,

Yup 325i

I pressume you are asking about my break-in preiod, well I deligently followed the manual, varying speed and rev for the first 2000 km and then I let her rip! :D

sg buloh,

I am drooling over the 162s....

Yeah please share how much you paid for them and what brand of tires (and cost) are you using?

Devilkl said:
I tried asking AB to reprogram the air circulation ( permanantly on )..it can't be done..

As for my RFT..I better leave them untouch till they are worn out...then will rethink abt whether to change...

Another sigh from me.....
Am rethinking for sometime now whether I made a wrong choice getting this car....

danc said:
alan,

Yup 325i

I pressume you are asking about my break-in preiod, well I deligently followed the manual, varying speed and rev for the first 2000 km and then I let her rip! :D

I've got roughly 900km to go b4 I get a taste of it.....
How's the consumption like - roughly how many km can u cover with a tank full?

a|an said:
I've got roughly 900km to go b4 I get a taste of it.....
How's the consumption like - roughly how many km can u cover with a tank full?

alan,

So far the OBC is recording 8.6km/l, mostly town driving. Have only taken the car up to Pg once, so the rest of the 4000+ km has been driving in KL/PJ. I mainly use the D mode only. The DS is fun and it really sucks fuel

Devilkl said:

Guys/Gals,

I may have stumbled upon a work around to this 'problem'. I too hated the need to each time press the recirculate button. (These guys need to learn a thing or two from the Japs when it comes to aircond)

So try this out and tell me if it works for you. Turn your aircond on like usual and set it to recirculate (not auto). When you want to turn off your engine, turn off yr aircond (press the fan button). The next time when you start your car, try turning on your aircond by pressing the recirculate button on the steering, the aircond shld come on and it's in recirculate mode.

Cheers

danc said:
So try this out and tell me if it works for you. Turn your aircond on like usual and set it to recirculate (not auto). When you want to turn off your engine, turn off yr aircond (press the fan button). The next time when you start your car, try turning on your aircond by pressing the recirculate button on the steering, the aircond shld come on and it's in recirculate mode.

Cheers

Yup, u are absolutely right and that's the function of the recirculate button on the steering.

danc said:
Guys/Gals,

I may have stumbled upon a work around to this 'problem'. I too hated the need to each time press the recirculate button. (These guys need to learn a thing or two from the Japs when it comes to aircond)

Cheers

Very true..... zee germans shd learn a thing or two from the japs :D

hi guys, just got my first services done today [ at my own cost] 10000km.

it seem that bmw is having double standard, as for 320 the first services is 25k but for 325 is 10 k....so dont want my engine clog up n decided to change the engine oil n filt. n it cost me total 460.77... this excluding the readjustment of the odo [ as i dont want to interfered the next service of which is FOC, 10k more to go]

Can anyone let me know why the double standard was set kah????????? still wonder lah.

Top Bottom