BCM's Ultimate E90 Member Hangout.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
fayehong said:
hi guys, just got my first services done today [ at my own cost] 10000km.

it seem that bmw is having double standard, as for 320 the first services is 25k but for 325 is 10 k....so dont want my engine clog up n decided to change the engine oil n filt. n it cost me total 460.77... this excluding the readjustment of the odo [ as i dont want to interfered the next service of which is FOC, 10k more to go]

Can anyone let me know why the double standard was set kah????????? still wonder lah.

It's not double standard. It is just that different engine with different requirements.

David Yong said:
It's not double standard. It is just that different engine with different requirements.
oh..ok..but i thought we used the same engine oil , right?

hi guys the car was not lowered , ride's pretty much the same
rim + tyres i think roughly 12k range , its normal tyres not RFTs .
mind u , the 162s are so easy to clean hahaha compared to the stock 320 rims .
the rims are bout 8kplus. u do the math.
the car looks so much better now tremendous difference from stock .

i dont hope to see any more 162s around pls pls pls :D

sgbuloh_e90 said:
hi guys the car was not lowered , ride's pretty much the same
rim + tyres i think roughly 12k range , its normal tyres not RFTs .
mind u , the 162s are so easy to clean hahaha compared to the stock 320 rims .
the rims are bout 8kplus. u do the math.
the car looks so much better now tremendous difference from stock .

i dont hope to see any more 162s around pls pls pls :D

RM 8K for the 162s sounds good. How did you get them at such a good price? Are they OEM or replicas?

they're OEM, just basically plug n play really.
no spacers or addition add ons.
btw anyone noticed a black e90 325i always around bangsar driven by a woman ?
she's always tail gating & drives like her hair's on fire. which can be annoying if she's behind you.

me, i prefer to just cruise n enjoy the comfort of being in a UDM :D

sgbuloh_e90 said:
they're OEM, just basically plug n play really.
no spacers or addition add ons.
btw anyone noticed a black e90 325i always around bangsar driven by a woman ?
she's always tail gating & drives like her hair's on fire. which can be annoying if she's behind you.

me, i prefer to just cruise n enjoy the comfort of being in a UDM :D

Where did you get it from ? What's your solution on the spare tire since you are not using RFT anymore ?

sgbuloh,

So hows the ride like with non-rfts? Did you upgrd from 16in to 18in? Wats the diff? in terms of comfort, handling, noise etc?

faye,

Engine oil shld be the same, but it's the engine's need that AB is saying is different. Who knows right?

I was told by a tire shop that the price ranges from RM 2,000 to RM 2,500 depending on the brand.

On the subject of OEM E90 wheels...

I found a new favorite :eek: Looks like the M wheels of an E39 M5

Add that to the 162s, 193Ms and the 197s as my favorite E90 wheels....

mpacketoh7.jpg

Speaking of RFT. Last week my CPU alearted me i have low pressure on one of my tires. I suspected i had a puncture but visually, couldn't see any difference. I drove half a days before having time to stop by AB. They jacked up my car and sure enough, i had TWO nails embedded into rear left tire. So, I asked AB what my options are.

One answer : Replace.

I told them my tire is just 3 months old, so i really don't feel like spending money replacing it with a new one. In short, they quoted me RM1800.00 including labor to replace the tire. I told them to just patch it. They told me, they don't do that here, i have to go outside to do that.

In the end, i spent $5 x 2 = $10 to patch it outside. AB did teach me how to reset the tire pressure sensor for the new tires.

Yup, AB do not recommend repairing puncture RFT. But what you have did is absolutely right. At least it save you so much :)

There are mixed policies on patching vs replacement among US dealers too. The general consensus is:

1) If the tire was driven on zero pressure for some time then it is highly recommended to replace as the tire's integrity would have been compromised.

(it's a great idea to pump air pressure into the compromised tire as soon as you get the FTM alert)

2) If the nail is in the thread, its more likely to be patchable than a sidewall breach.

3) Most dealers will not consider patching due to liability. Bridgestone/Micheline/Continental frown upon patching RFTs.

David Yong said:
I was told by a tire shop that the price ranges from RM 2,000 to RM 2,500 depending on the brand.

whoa! ouch.

so lets see... E90s have no room for a spare tyre, so RFT's are a must... but do you guys think it's worth the RM 8000 - RM10000 for the 4 tyres?

Im only getting 18" reps, so the tyres would actually cost 3 times my rims!

Quite ridiculous: Get a puncture and you can't drive all that far with it. You can't drive at all if the pressure is zero. Can't patch it, have to replace. Replacement is RM2k per tyre...

To me the benefits of RFTs don't even come close to the costs. If and when I get an E90, I'll surely switch out into good Michellins or Pirellis. Get a flat, I'd call my flatbed guy out - RM200. 10% of the cost of a replacement RFT.

Schwepps said:
Quite ridiculous: Get a puncture and you can't drive all that far with it. You can't drive at all if the pressure is zero. Can't patch it, have to replace. Replacement is RM2k per tyre...

To me the benefits of RFTs don't even come close to the costs. If and when I get an E90, I'll surely switch out into good Michellins or Pirellis. Get a flat, I'd call my flatbed guy out - RM200. 10% of the cost of a replacement RFT.

This is exactly what I am thinking of when my original RFT worn out and I am going to change the rims to 18" and all tires back to normal tires :)

David Yong said:
This is exactly what I am thinking of when my original RFT worn out and I am going to change the rims to 18" and all tires back to normal tires :)

What rims are u looking at?
Getting itchy already :D

Top Bottom