BCM's Ultimate E90 Member Hangout.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Ya, and this hangout is a good place for us to talk about anything we like without worry about thread rules. Anyway have a good safe trip to JB/Spore! :D

Just wondering, does anyone have rattling noises on the right side of their E90? I hear some noises when going over bumpy roads. It's as if it's from inside the doors.

Would AB look into problems like this?

hi guys... need some advise on the RFT....one of my friend has damaged one of his front tire....and the tire shop [ swee hin] of penang told him that he need to change 2 of the front tires. [was told due to the RFT set up]....... i dont see the reason why two have to be changed when only one is damaged....any input on this issue kah?

armi said:
Just wondering, does anyone have rattling noises on the right side of their E90? I hear some noises when going over bumpy roads. It's as if it's from inside the doors.

It sounds like the dreaded B-Pillar ticking noise issue. Yes, AB will look into this problem, but you will need to make sure you can reproduce the noises, and insist like mad. Usually they will give you some excuses not to solve the problem like "cannot reproduce", "have to take out the whole assembly", "try the car for a few more days and if got problem come back". :mad: Hopefully they changed their attitude

fayehong said:
hi guys... need some advise on the RFT....one of my friend has damaged one of his front tire....and the tire shop [ swee hin] of penang told him that he need to change 2 of the front tires. [was told due to the RFT set up]....... i dont see the reason why two have to be changed when only one is damaged....any input on this issue kah?

How bad is the damage? If it is a small damage like small puncture hole, then it can be repaired. Having said that, the shop you mentioned may not have any experience on repairing RFT's. But if it is a major one, then better to get it changed. I don't see any issue of just changing 1 tyre. If it's possible, mabye your friend should get a 2nd opinion

rookie said:
How bad is the damage? If it is a small damage like small puncture hole, then it can be repaired. Having said that, the shop you mentioned may not have any experience on repairing RFT's. But if it is a major one, then better to get it changed. I don't see any issue of just changing 1 tyre. If it's possible, mabye your friend should get a 2nd opinion
the tyre is beyond repair.....n he has changed 2 new tyres......at the cost of 1k @ piece..[michellen 205/55/16] they didnt considered the trade in for the other one of which is good running condition.....i dont understand why???

fayehong said:
welcome to the family....do tell us more about your black beauty.......:)

Nothing much to say about the car yet as I have not even it driven much :)

However, what's the best tire pressure for the mixed tires?

Welcome to the club...good to see more E90 owners here. Can't help on you the tyre pressure since I only have the lowly 320 without the staggered tyres

maybe u could check on the guild line as shown at the driver side door ...... i think there should be one....as our 320 got it......happy driving then.....

greetings, i've been missing in action for a while.

btw : danc --> i bought mine from an AB sales guy in glenmarie.

i am going to get the set of 325 rims for RM6k which comes together with 4 Bridgestone Potenza RFT (new). i got to know that one 325 onwer wants to upgrade to 18" and therefore wanna sell the 17" for RM 6k. is this reasonable?

wanna wish all a Happy New Year! Drive safe...
cheers,

armi said:

i just sent mine back to AB to check on the rattling noise.

when i on the "R" gear, the car vibrates at a very abnormal way. anyone has any advise?

hopefully AB can rectify the problems.

rookie said:
Welcome to the club...good to see more E90 owners here. Can't help on you the tyre pressure since I only have the lowly 320 without the staggered tyres

Thank you Rookie :)

fayehong said:
maybe u could check on the guild line as shown at the driver side door ...... i think there should be one....as our 320 got it......happy driving then.....

The guideline on the door is confusing.... lol :)

alina

If your car does not originally come with run flats I dont think you should use them, first and foremost your car's chassis was not tuned to run with run flats
as such the ride would be very harsh, infact the ride is already harsh with a tuned chassis so imagine on one that is not tuned. Secondly cars that originally come with run flats have sensors to tell that the tire has lost its pressure, so without the sensor u could be running it flat without you knowing and that could be very dangerous as run flats are not supposed to be used at speeds more than 80kmh and a distance not more than 200km.

fayehong said:
confusing kah...then is just too bad lah...think u need to get the advise from AB:D

lol..... think so too :)
cos of the mixed tires, am getting quite confused

a|an said:
lol..... think so too :)
cos of the mixed tires, am getting quite confused

You're right about confused. I had a headache the first time I tried to look. Then I gave up and asked my SA (lazy way out :D ). Based on that and more time looking at the table, I finally did figure out the dam thing! It's complicated because of the many combinations of tyre types BMW fit as standard.

pkw88 said:
You're right about confused. I had a headache the first time I tried to look. Then I gave up and asked my SA (lazy way out :D ). Based on that and more time looking at the table, I finally did figure out the dam thing! It's complicated because of the many combinations of tyre types BMW fit as standard.

Care to share your tire size and air pressure? :)

Top Bottom