BCM's Ultimate E90 Member Hangout.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
fayehong said:
sigh, news problem occured again for my pre-owned, 2005 320i...need to go back to ab again...realy time wasting in this as far as a new car is concerned.

Sorry to hear of your problems, dude :mad: ..... yeah, it really sucks to be paying this kinda money and having to waste so much time ..... do take consolation in the fact that when you are behind the wheel of your steed, your face goes like this :)

rookie said:
Sorry to hear of your predicament. Surprised to hear about the rear lights casing fading. Regarding the service indicator/meter, it may not be a problem that it's showing 26,000km after 7000km. Mine only started reducing after more than 10,000km. Mileage on my car shows 16,000km, and the OBD tells me 18,000km now, which means I have 2,000 more km's to go b4 sending for service :(

I think the first oil service should be done at 10,000 km as per the revised maintenance schedule. Maybe you could check with your SA. My car has started counting down to its 1st oil service (another 5,000 km to go)

pkw88 said:
I think the first oil service should be done at 10,000 km as per the revised maintenance schedule. Maybe you could check with your SA. My car has started counting down to its 1st oil service (another 5,000 km to go)

First service at 10,000km only applicable to the N52 engines according to AB. Not for the 4 pots. Not sure why though :confused:

pkw88 said:

When AB revised the 1st oil service schedule to 10K, my car had already done more than 10K. Anyway what danc says is true, AB says the revised schedule only applies to N52 engines and not the lowly N42 like mine :(

Ok All E90 owners there is an alternative for you now since AB has given you soo much problem, There is now Sapura Auto. All problems can now be brought to Sapura Auto even if your car is bought at AB.
Pls check out this event and get to know Sapura Auto better.

Click Here: http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/invitation-sapura-auto-t10070.html?t=10070

FYI The club is trying to work out something with Sapura Auto whereby members of this club will have special discounts and privelages. So pls try to show your support for this event and we will later definetely get the support from Sapura Auto in return.

fayehong said:
Yeah... by the way i really enjoyed the ride.

Fayehong, is your car one of the CBU models that were stuck in Port Klang? Is this problem likely related to this?

Hi XXX, sorry I can't make it for the Charity Drive as I will be in the country south of Johor Bahru during that period lah

yes, is those stuck there for more than a year................ NOW ab is giving 20k discount to the latest CKD model....same price as what i got..... but is 2006 model, my one is 2005 cbu registered sept.2006.-three months ago.

hi guys i think it better to service the car according to the owner manual.... at 1500 KM i just service my car in Ang Trading..... just a normal service of oil chain and filter change and of cos flush the radiator... imangine the car sitting in port klang for a year without moving and starting.... and if you look at the water when you flush the radiator you will be surprise.....

beemers3,

Did the manual mention servicing at 1500km? Can't seem to find that info. What page is it on?

As for cars "stuck" in Port Klang for 8-9 mths, when they deliver the car to you AB will change all the fluids ie., engine oil, brakes, coolant etc. I have seen the work order/invoice they charge to BMW Msia. If your car has NOT been "refurbished" then better make some noise or get prove that it has been done prior to delivery.

Not sure about the gear box fluids though. Heard that it's lifetime fluids so change about 200,000km. Does that mean that is the expected lifetime of the gearbox?? Anyway I am planning to change it at 60,000km. Anyone else of this opinion?

fayehong said:
yes, is those stuck there for more than a year................ NOW ab is giving 20k discount to the latest CKD model....same price as what i got..... but is 2006 model, my one is 2005 cbu registered sept.2006.-three months ago.

I think some problem can expected from the Port Klang stock la, but should be okay so long as only cosmetic and not the engine, gearbox or electronics. Afterall, you got a good discount and enjoying your ride, right? Minor blemish never mind la... :)

Most distributors are giving deep discount now to finish their 2006 stock and also because the market so dead. Volvo is offering S80 2.0T for 199k OTR!

Agree meetoo, but I think what faye was trying to get at is in terms of resale value a 1 year diff car is about 20-30K difference. The CKD ones now being offered I believe are from the Monsson Cup event. So its slightly different as it has been driven for about 3000km, so am told by AB versus the port klang once which are 6-7km (0 milage)

Heard from industry sources come next year most conti cars will be sold at "demo" car price. Well we have to wait and see I guess.

hi danc, i will check out the which page is it on... can't really remember but it definitely there under the running in sections!!!! check it out it definitely there.... As i understand from Seong Hoe is that they did not change anything... neither did they show or give me any invoice that they charge to bmw malaysia... they jus claim that there is no need to perform any service until 15000KM
well i did anyway!!! but at my own expense.... jus want to play safe!!!!

As i understand from BMW UK Parklane when i was a student there... the E46 was claimed to have a sealed Gear box... there is no need to top up or change the gear box oil.... but on the other hand there was once when i really couldn't engage first gear i had the car tow to the dealer they i find out the gear box oil is half empty....

well that is my experince... At least!!!!

rookie said:
Hi XXX, sorry I can't make it for the Charity Drive as I will be in the country south of Johor Bahru during that period lah

Ahhh finally some response I thought I was invisible .........

have checked with AB pg, gear box is sealed, no dip stick, gear oil is good for life [ until the gear box kock out ] so...no need to check n changed the oil. when i asked about the life spend...they told me average around 200-300k km. the cost of the gear box is 23k.....they also have the recondition gear box with 12 months guarantee....cost around 18k. so..dont wori about the gear box....just drive your way up.......

xxx....since u appreciate reply....here is my.....would like to joint BUT KL is just too far for me, pls inform me if u organise anything in PG. regards.

Hi to all E90 owners,
i've just sold my E46 325 & bought a pre-owned E90 320.

alinahew, 2005, 320i, Black Sapphire

Top Bottom