BCM's Ultimate E90 Member Hangout.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
shuksE90 said:
:eek: !@#$%???!!! You're talking about the small umbrella attached to the right wall of the front passenger's legroom, rite? What a rip-off!

Its a stupid umbrella, not worth it. I'd never think of spending $60 for that. The install is sloppy (it pins onto the carpet on the transmission tunnel) and compromises passenger footwell space.

fayehong said:
i have checked with Ab of penang n was told that the first service due either 25000km or the service light up. Hence, would appreciate if i can get some feed back or confirmation from u all at KL so that i could recheck with Ab pg.

as for the top up.....Ab of penang told me that i only need top up when the engine light was lighted....is this true kah.....pls advise..tq.

Definately true that first oil change at 10k, I confirmed that with SA at AB Sg Besi just 10 mins ago. When I first picked up the car, the SA had informed me that my car was one of the first to be modified to show this on the OBC.

As for the oil top up, makes sense since topping up with too much oil is no good. When the indicator lights up, it usually means it needs 1L of oil and you just pour the whole can in. Mind you, I'm no expert so I would bow to the greater wisdom of the sifus in this thread/forum. :D

KL2DC said:
Its a stupid umbrella, not worth it. I'd never think of spending $60 for that. The install is sloppy (it pins onto the carpet on the transmission tunnel) and compromises passenger footwell space.

True. But it looks good in an X5 though... :p

Shuks

KL2DC said:

Eh, has the price gone up for E90s? My E46 came with the brolly too. One day, I left it at Souled Out and called AB for a replacement. They quoted me RM260. Needless to say, I found my way back to SO that nite and was glad they kept it safe for me. Pheeeew!

Juan Powerblow said:
Eh, has the price gone up for E90s? My E46 came with the brolly too. One day, I left it at Souled Out and called AB for a replacement. They quoted me RM260. Needless to say, I found my way back to SO that nite and was glad they kept it safe for me. Pheeeew!

Mine didnt come with it. (Blardy sales guy....)

3er said:
Mine didnt come with it. (Blardy sales guy....)

My wife recently bought an A170 from C&C. She got a very nice keychain and a couple other "gifts". Not expensive stuff but nice touch nonetheless. I got exactly zero when I picked up my car. C&C are trying a lot harder than AB/BMW Malaysia.

pkw88 said:
My wife recently bought an A170 from C&C. She got a very nice keychain and a couple other "gifts". Not expensive stuff but nice touch nonetheless. I got exactly zero when I picked up my car. C&C are trying a lot harder than AB/BMW Malaysia.

When I got my E90, I did ask whethert they were any free gifts, they told ziltch. So much for customer appreciation from AB :mad:

pkw88 said:
I suppose if you can afford an X5, RM500 is just small change! :D

I dun haf X5 la, dats why I want :p

By the way, check out the other kewl accessories for the 1! The reverse camera is kewl... but... you have to give up 1 aircond duct, and it costs a bomb :confused:

Regards.

pkw88 said:

Did AB put all the blame on BMW Malaysia for not being able to give their customers free gifts anymore? Mine did. In fact, everything also they blame BMWM. :rolleyes:

shuksE90 said:
Did AB put all the blame on BMW Malaysia for not being able to give their customers free gifts anymore? Mine did. In fact, everything also they blame BMWM. :rolleyes:
The free gifts and keychain my wife got were from C&C not DCM. So AB should be able to do the same, no? I guess AB and BMW Mal feel that letting us buy a BMW from them is enough of a privilege, no need to give any freebies. :rolleyes:

rookie said:
Looks like C&C appreciates customers more than AB :(

not that really, its more like C&C have to compensate to the buyer for buying an inferior car ;) LOL

have check with AB, was told that 320i first services due at 25000km, only 325i due at 10,000km. 320i owner.....is this true.....???

KL2DC said:
not that really, its more like C&C have to compensate to the buyer for buying an inferior car ;) LOL

Have to remember to tell my wife that! She keeps rubbing in the fact she got free gifts with her car & I ended up with nothing. :D

fayehong said:
have check with AB, was told that 320i first services due at 25000km, only 325i due at 10,000km. 320i owner.....is this true.....???

It's not really 25,000km, but according to the OBC. Mine started with 25,000km, but now the OBC says 18,000km

Rookie,

According to david and some others mentioned that the oil change has been revamped to 10000 km by AB. Not sure if it's only for 325 though.

danc said:
Rookie,

According to david and some others mentioned that the oil change has been revamped to 10000 km by AB. Not sure if it's only for 325 though.

Well fayehong did say he checked with AB. Can someone else confirm this? I will send an email to BMW M'sia today to confirm this.

Ok checked with AB and they metioned that the change from 25000km to 10000km oil change interval are for the N52 IL6 engines, i.e. 525, 325. This is for the 1st 10000km and after that back to 25000 km intervals.

Done my E90 oil change at AB ktn yesterday after complaining sluggish / rough engine. clocking at 16k km. they changed my front brake pads too as there were cracks on one of the pad.
My dashboard sometimes have noise if hiting uneven road or the yellow strips on the road and the back screen bottom rubber seal came off too. They will do this next week as they need 2 to 3 days to work on the dashboard noise, and their courtesy car is not available this week.

Top Bottom