BCM's Ultimate E90 Member Hangout.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
danc said:
Ok checked with AB and they metioned that the change from 25000km to 10000km oil change interval are for the N52 IL6 engines, i.e. 525, 325. This is for the 1st 10000km and after that back to 25000 km intervals.

Absolutely correct!

Beware...all E90 pre-owned 'tau keh'... if you are not so lucky like me, then u might be facing some of the following problem,,,,,, paint lacquer tends to peel off, [ i just got my front grill & engine cover repainted], the rubber seal for front & back used to come off [ just got it changed too]... the noise tyre.....but they claimed is due to RFT..so no change.......

if there is any other common defects other than the above..pls make know so that i could pay more attention to it. regards.

fayehong said:
Beware...all E90 pre-owned 'tau keh'... if you are not so lucky like me, then u might be facing some of the following problem,,,,,, paint lacquer tends to peel off, [ i just got my front grill & engine cover repainted], the rubber seal for front & back used to come off [ just got it changed too]... the noise tyre.....but they claimed is due to RFT..so no change.......

if there is any other common defects other than the above..pls make know so that i could pay more attention to it. regards.

faye,
repaint the front grill and engine cover? Cover is plastic/ABS what lacquer? Can you also elaborate more about the rubber where is it and what is the defect?

Thanks

sori..what i mean is the bonnetlah, correct me if i m worng..[the lacqure.is the layer cover the paint work..clear type..right]...... the rubber seal mean the whole rubber seal for rear windscreen and top rubber seal for front wind screen. hope is clear..front grill mean the bumper. actually the damage is very little but they told me the repaint work must be done on the whole connected piece then it only look nice.....that s why they repaint the whole piece lah...

guys, my 2 mths old E90 has been having ABS + active steering + other indicators on / blinking ( abt 4 of them ),even after visiting AB at Glenmarie for the fourth times.
I will be checking in to Glenmarie today or tmr...need some of your advice....what shu I do if AB still unable to solve the same problems..( i already wrote them 2 letters )

or what usually u guys will do when AB can not solve the same problems after few attempts.

I feel quite sad & angry as this is my 1st BMW.

fayehong, mine is a pre-owned unit, 325i,2005. Pls take note of the problems that I mentioned. Good luck to US...

Devilkl said:
guys, my 2 mths old E90 has been having ABS + active steering + other indicators on / blinking ( abt 4 of them ),even after visiting AB at Glenmarie for the fourth times.
I will be checking in to Glenmarie today or tmr...need some of your advice....what shu I do if AB still unable to solve the same problems..( i already wrote them 2 letters )

or what usually u guys will do when AB can not solve the same problems after few attempts.

I feel quite sad & angry as this is my 1st BMW.

You have to complain to AB up to the Service Manager to get it resolved if the problem this persists after 4 visits to try to rectify the problems. Sometimes you have to start shouting to get problems resolved in AB. :mad:

If the problem still can't be rectified, then you should call/write to BMW Malaysia about this. I believe they will bring it up to AB, and it is still up to AB to solve the problems.

This is very disheartening. The E46ers were plagued by early problems too and you would think after 8 years, the new model should be problem-free in terms of nitty glitches. Makes you wonder where the parts are being made nowadays! or more cost-cutting measures have been introduced at the expense of customer assurance.

They are all the same for all first batch new cars. Moral - get the face lifted version after a few years. :)

Part of the problem with the e90 (or any modern car) is the sheer amount of electronics that control the functions of the car. Not only that there is a degree of interaction between the modules. Systems are complicated, not like the old days where the only electronic stuff around was maybe the clock! My take is - the chances of something going wrong are higher the more complex the system! But we live with it for the sake of the safety and convenience the new systems bring.

And electronic parts have a shorter useful life than mechanical parts. After 5 years the clock is ticking for a breakdown. One component breakdown and the whole module don't work anymore!

triax said:
hi,,
i am the new member of bmwclubmalaysia....

Heya! And welcome! Tell us some more, I take it you have an e90. How long for, which model, any problems so far?.

Welcome to the club triax. Can you tell us more about yourself and your e90, and ya, better give a proper intro in the newbies section as pointed out by khisham. Otherwise kena machine gun by the forum admins. ;)

pkw88 said:
Part of the problem with the e90 (or any modern car) is the sheer amount of electronics that control the functions of the car. Not only that there is a degree of interaction between the modules. Systems are complicated, not like the old days where the only electronic stuff around was maybe the clock! My take is - the chances of something going wrong are higher the more complex the system! But we live with it for the sake of the safety and convenience the new systems bring.

This is true to a certain extent, but remember that electronics in cars have been around for a long long time, so hopefully most of the more matured electronics bits are stablized over the years. Don't know about the newer stuff though.

rookie said:
This is true to a certain extent, but remember that electronics in cars have been around for a long long time, so hopefully most of the more matured electronics bits are stablized over the years. Don't know about the newer stuff though.

Rookie,
My point though is that the different systems interact together. If each system operates independent of each other, there is less likelihood of an unforseen error causing a breakdown in the entire car. When you have complex electronic systems talking to each other as in our e90s, failure or errors in one system may affect another or, horrors of horrors, bring the entire car to a standstill.

sigh, news problem occured again for my pre-owned, 2005 320i, the colour of my two rear light casing is faded, and AB just changed both for me last week........today i noticed that the service icon not working properly...i.e. still show 26000 after i have done 7000km....Ab told me to go back n get the software reprogramme...need to go back to ab again...realy time wasting in this as far as a new car is concerned. would pray hard that no more problem would occue after this......so that i could have a peace of mind then....happy driving.

fayehong said:
sigh, news problem occured again for my pre-owned, 2005 320i, the colour of my two rear light casing is faded, and AB just changed both for me last week........today i noticed that the service icon not working properly...i.e. still show 26000 after i have done 7000km....Ab told me to go back n get the software reprogramme...need to go back to ab again...realy time wasting in this as far as a new car is concerned. would pray hard that no more problem would occue after this......so that i could have a peace of mind then....happy driving.

Sorry to hear of your predicament. Surprised to hear about the rear lights casing fading. Regarding the service indicator/meter, it may not be a problem that it's showing 26,000km after 7000km. Mine only started reducing after more than 10,000km. Mileage on my car shows 16,000km, and the OBD tells me 18,000km now, which means I have 2,000 more km's to go b4 sending for service :(

Top Bottom