BCM's Ultimate E90 Member Hangout.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
JV88 said:
KL2DC, means that nothing wrong with my new 'big & heavy Breyton' rims right? :) Care to explain about all those bar? Your knowledge is kindly appreciated :D

Just to be clear...heavy 'rubbing' sound is ok...heavy 'grinding' sounds its not...;)

What do you mean by bar? :)

Oh...strut bar goes on top ( like engine bay/strut towers, this is for rigidity)....anti-roll bar/anti-sway bars/stabilizer bars are the same thing, they limit roll. An upgrade to a thicker bar stiffens the suspension for cornering.

beemer3,

If you r getting the 325i, then it shld be the 10 speaker HiFi as per KL2DC's description and yes don't bother comparing the sound with the 6 speaker version (i.e. found in 320i) to me I can't tell the diff. You can see the 2 subs under the seat when you push you seat all the way to the back. Rear shelf can't see as the boot area has a metal piece covering it.

Everyone,

About the brake rubbing sound, yup I have it too. I use to have them on my accord as well, so to me it's normal. Agree with KL2DC that is the comfort stopping thing. Got to change a bit on how you brake. We traditionally release the pedal when we are coming to a full stop so that it does not lurch, but in the E90 now I just hold on to the pedal right till the cars stops. This will help reduce the rubbing sound and still stop nicely without the lurching.

Agree on the "don't mod your car during warranty period" especially here in Msia. Unless you know the service boss really well and they will help you close one eye and claim from BMW. I for one have held back on any mods. I have a 20K worth of HiFi equipment which I am not installing from my previous car for this reason. But it's really up to you if you feel the need to .......MOD !

Drive safely !

Hi, guys, have been following closely on this forum and get lots of usable knowledge from all of you'll. But it seem that the last message i got in from my computer was dated 30-10-06. what happen? maybe something wrong with my date...can someone assist...tq.

fayehong said:
Hi, guys, have been following closely on this forum and get lots of usable knowledge from all of you'll. But it seem that the last message i got in from my computer was dated 30-10-06. what happen? maybe something wrong with my date...can someone assist...tq.

Yeah you're right...its been quiet. Maybe its because all new car delivery issues have been discussed and our E90 owners are out there, happily driving around :D

Yup, its quiet....as for me, I've been bz running in my car. Cannot wait to drive fast already....the temptation to test the inner power of inline straight six :D ...
Anyway guys, my car after raining/ driving in a wet condition, the front disc brake seem like stain...is it usual? But just the front brake only wor, the rear disc brake is ok....how?

JV88 said:
Anyway guys, my car after raining/ driving in a wet condition, the front disc brake seem like stain...is it usual? But just the front brake only wor, the rear disc brake is ok....how?

Not just rain, but after washing with certain shampoo/detergent as well. Its normal, all our E90s exhibit that....it wears off quickly upon reapplication of brakes.

JV88 said:
Yup, its quiet....as for me, I've been bz running in my car. Cannot wait to drive fast already....the temptation to test the inner power of inline straight six :D ...

JV,

Read some where (manual I think) that in order to keep your disc/rotors free from rust etc bonding and to maintain even wear of them do some hard braking once a month i.e. speed till about 100 km/h and then brake. (Of course do this safely). This will help clear the rotors. Also mentioned that you need to pull on your hand brakes once in a while when coming to a stop to ensure even wear of brakes.

Anyone else can confirm what I have read?

danc said:
JV,

Read some where (manual I think) that in order to keep your disc/rotors free from rust etc bonding and to maintain even wear of them do some hard braking once a month i.e. speed till about 100 km/h and then brake. (Of course do this safely). This will help clear the rotors. Also mentioned that you need to pull on your hand brakes once in a while when coming to a stop to ensure even wear of brakes.

Anyone else can confirm what I have read?

danc, mild braking takes care of the rust/oxidisation. Don't forget its just a very thin coat at most, its all gone within 10 minutes of driving. There is no need for hard braking....not sure about the handbrake, I've never done it.

hi...can anyone pls let let me know as whether the E-90, CBU 2005 320i pre-owned model come with rain sensor n daylight kah? Also, is it true that the first service for this model due at 25000 km? pls advise. tq.

faye,

For the E90 320i 2005 CBU, there is no rain/light sensors. It is only on the 325i models. For the CKD the 320SE has them. Yes the first scheduled oil change is at 25,000km. Spoke to AB and ask if I wanted to do an earlier oil chng, they recommend at 10000 km which will cost RM 530 for the IL6 engines including labour. Anyone out there has done this chg outside of AB? If so how much?

pkw,

You FC reading is about the same as what I am getting and I have been driving really slow (break-in period). Just recently drove to Pg and back average FC is about 11km/l or I think it's about 8l/100km. I guess the engine needs more running before optimum FC can be obtained. So far if I were to compare to my previous Accord 3.0, the Accord had better FC. During hway runs I was getting about 13km/l. I noticed that the final gear on the accord is lower than the 325 (even though it has 6 gears vs accord 5 gears) For the Accord at 110km/h, rpm was 2000, 325 at 110km/h, rpm was at 2300 - 2400. But the drive of the 325i on the hway was just creamy smooth.

I am also interested in the iPod interface, how much is AB quoting?

danc said:
I am also interested in the iPod interface, how much is AB quoting?

AB's package price for the iPod interface (65 41 0 404 330) is RM 1881.51 . This uses an additional LCD screen mounted on the dash.

The one that is shown on iPodyourBMW.com is different. I've found some references to the interface part no (65 11 0 403 650) but AB don't know anything bout this. I downloaded the BMW 2006 ETK parts software off the internet, but I can't run it. Only runs on PCs and all I have all macs. :(

Here's the data sheet on the US version

iPodMOSTBusInterfacepg1.jpg

iPodMOSTBusInterfacepg2.jpg

fayehong said:
hi...can anyone pls let let me know as whether the E-90, CBU 2005 320i pre-owned model come with rain sensor n daylight kah? Also, is it true that the first service for this model due at 25000 km? pls advise. tq.

Service interval is variable, no? Doesn't it depend on your driving style and speed etc. The AB SA told me that the service intervals for new e90s were recently revised to 10 000 km, don't know if he meant oil service or inspection I/II services.

pkw,

10,000km? Oh this is new to me. Does this mean that the Service inclusive covers this period of service as well?

Yes the service is variable depending on average fuel consumption etc. but if according to OBC schedule it shouldn't be that far off anyway.

sgbuloh_e90 said:
kakaka :D ya they dont see face one those girls they only see ur car's price tag heheheehe .

btw anyone can recommend a good car shampoo for our dear e90's ?
mine's in Titanium Silver.

wax recommendation would be good also .
coz i'll be washing regularly when i can , once a week?

BMW Malaysia has been pretty kedekut with the specs nowadays. They use to give us free body maintenance kit ie. shampoo, wax, tyre spray, all kinds of stuff. Even the corresponding Series keychain.

Now, not only they reduce the number of what-used-to-be standard accessories (i guess they let the dealerships make extra ca$h from selling as optionals), even petty things like torch light, umbrella also have been scrapped.

I even had to beg for the chromed exhaust tip for the 120i when I placed the order just now (Even that also they didn't include as standard). As if they have given a huge discount. As a matter of fact, the reduced price is due to depreciation of value (2004 model). Not, goodwill... true? Like the saying goes, "How can anything be free in this world?!".

Anyway, yeah I guess its best to start with Carnauba Autospa. I've been going there for ages. I was very impressed when my car looked like how it was on the day I first brought the car out of the showroom; I was on the Titanium package. Just don't be overly friendly 'coz, they'll take advantage of the situation and degrade their "attention-to-detail" once they know they've earned your trust.

Kind regards,

Shuks

danc said:
pkw,

10,000km? Oh this is new to me. Does this mean that the Service inclusive covers this period of service as well?

Yes the service is variable depending on average fuel consumption etc. but if according to OBC schedule it shouldn't be that far off anyway.

It must be true. I asked because when I got my car, the service interval flashed up at 10 000 km. After covering 3 000 km, the interval is now at 7 000 km. I haven't looked into the OBC to check which bit of the car is requiring a service at 10 000 km. I was told though that this is covered by the service inclusive contract.

shuksE90 said:
BMW Malaysia has been pretty kedekut with the specs nowadays. They use to give us free body maintenance kit ie. shampoo, wax, tyre spray, all kinds of stuff. Even the corresponding Series keychain.

Now, not only they reduce the number of what-used-to-be standard accessories (i guess they let the dealerships make extra ca$h from selling as optionals), even petty things like torch light, umbrella also have been scrapped.

Shuks

Shuks, I saw that umbrella in AB Sg Besi, no price tag! So I asked "How much?" Glad I was sitting down when the answer came back - RM 500!!!! :eek: :eek:

danc, need another help lah..... is the engine oil used by BMW could last 25000km? will it clog the filter or jam the engine or will it do any harm to the engine in the future kah? as the warranty period is only good for 60000km. WOW...just come back from pg kah...next time if you come..let me know...i take u for some good food over here....

pkw88, could you confirm the service interval is 10000 km? if this is true, then i think the free service with parts included is a good bite then.

Top Bottom