BCM's Ultimate E90 Member Hangout.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
danc...I meant the ACS decal (black or silver), in response to your specific question on decals. Of course the spoiler is body color....

+1 on steering feel...although I still maintain that the non-active steering cars feel better. Maybe if I spend an extended period of time, I might change my mind but otherwise I like the traditional feel of a good meaty steering.

KL2DC said:
+1 on steering feel...although I still maintain that the non-active steering cars feel better. Maybe if I spend an extended period of time, I might change my mind but otherwise I like the traditional feel of a good meaty steering.

Completely agree on the meaty feel. As for my usage the car spents at least 80% town driving and as such I want a slightly lighter wheel (lazy lah). If I were in US and drive at least 60% on h/ways might consider non AS. Yes the AS steering does seem to load up when you pick up speed but there is still a slight ....very slight feeling of assistance and thus you need to factor that in. But again for me, a bit unclelish (read don't drive very fast), the AS works very well for me. Anyway here in Malaysia we are not given the choice to delete this option.

Speaking of options I would like to have the iDrive, (kinda of a sucker for gadgets) but heard that in Msia bcos we don't have the Navi option therefore we don't get the iDrive, true??

sgbuloh_e90 said:
kakaka :D ya they dont see face one those girls they only see ur car's price tag heheheehe .

btw anyone can recommend a good car shampoo for our dear e90's ?
mine's in Titanium Silver.

wax recommendation would be good also .
coz i'll be washing regularly when i can , once a week?

sgbuloh_e90,
i would strongly recommend meguiar but of cos autoglym is also not a bad choice, but for me, my previous E46 330ci i use autoglym shampoo, meguiar polish and zymol wax and autoglym extra gloss protection. Zymol leather care and Meguiar hot wheel tire shine. I strongly recommend you to bring your car to carnuaba autospa to get it done. Ask for Devan..... he will check your car paint and make proper recommendation... but i would say go for the vintage wax.... they are good... for full detail for your car will cost around RM450.... After that you can buy meguiar Detail Mist Spray use it everytime after you wash your car... I wax my car every once a week. So it maintain the gloss finish...

danc said:
Speaking of options I would like to have the iDrive, (kinda of a sucker for gadgets) but heard that in Msia bcos we don't have the Navi option therefore we don't get the iDrive, true??

100% Correct....unlike the E60/61 which has i-drive standard but navi optional.

hey guys,
i was looking at the spec today and realise that the spec provided by bmw for the cbu 325i units seems to be contradicting. the hi fi loud speaker system mention in the spec has only 6 speakers but according to my bmw counterpart in uk they say the Hi Fi Loudspeaker system is 10 speakers. There are two subwoofer mounted below the front passenger seats.

Can anyone advise me on that??? i just too delivery today. And discover that i the car has only six speaker instead of 10... I have thus reject delivery and ask for further action to be taken cause the Specification mentions doesn't match the car.

beemers3: Hi...the Hi-Fi (mid-level audio choice) is indeed 10 speakers. I hope you are not basing your judgement on visual count.

There are 10 speakers total:

2 tweeters and 2 speakers (mid-range) in the front door, 2 subs under front seats, 2 speakers with 2 tweeters built in (high and mid-range in 1 unit) on the parcel shelf...for a grand total of 10 speakers.

The Logic 7 option adds 3 more, 2 (mid-range) on the rear doors and 1 center speaker on the dash (by the center dash vents).

If you have the Professional head unit, you'd definitely have the Hi-Fi setup (at the minimum). L7 shares the same head.

Hope that clears things up....also don't judge by sound quality either, it ain't nuthin' to write home about.

Hope that clears things up. Your Client Advisor should've known these things lol

Guys, remember previously I mentioned about brake noise from my car. Today went to AB to check. They said its because the big size & heavy Breyton rims that I've changed caused the noise when braking :mad: ......Is it possible rims can give an irritating sound when braking slowly? :confused:

JV88: What sound specifically. Can you elaborate. Is it a grinding sound? bc I have that and I narrowed it down to my tires. Did you check your alignment and balancing?

"Big and heavy breyton"?...like the factory RFT/Cast-iron wheels are not heavy enough lol Smells like BS.....its easier for them to say that.

JV88 said:
Guys, remember previously I mentioned about brake noise from my car. Today went to AB to check. They said its because the big size & heavy Breyton rims that I've changed caused the noise when braking :mad: ......Is it possible rims can give an irritating sound when braking slowly? :confused:

what's your offset?.

The sound is like your brake pad has worned out (a metal irking sound)....but my car just run in for 1500km only wor...its impossible because of the brake pad....

U see.... that is why I am very reluctant to do any modification or add-on to my new car until the warranty period expired. These people will take the opportunity to avoid helping us to rectify any problem. They will give a lot stupid excuses and worst case, they will void the warranty!

JV88 said:
The sound is like your brake pad has worned out (a metal irking sound)....but my car just run in for 1500km only wor...its impossible because of the brake pad....

I have the same low-speed (up to 10mph) grinding sound as well. In my case, it happened to be those darn RFTs. I am planning to take it up as a warranty claim. Admittedly, I must say, I haven't been pussyfooting my E90 that much...but still :D There is an announcement by Bridgestone on feathering/cupping of the EL42s. Amusingly, they are now recommending rotation every 3k miles :rolleyes:

JV88: Based on my experience, I was leaning towards proper alignment/balancing since you've done suspension work and wheel/tire change, to cure the 'grinding' sound.

Not sure what the factory specs are, perhaps you can bug your SA for them, but a member on e90post did his alignment (330i Sport) recently and got this printout...

e90alignmentspecs.jpg

JV88 said:

yeah, does anyone here the brake has the sound too? like mm.... "got-gooo-gott..." the sound come out either i press or release the brake.

If a check shows nothing wrong with your suspension and brakes, perhaps it's just one of those quirks about a particular car and is nothing to worry about. So maybe you should just ignore the brakes and step on the accelerator! :D

Schwepps said:
If a check shows nothing wrong with your suspension and brakes, perhaps it's just one of those quirks about a particular car and is nothing to worry about. So maybe you should just ignore the brakes and step on the accelerator! :D

(o_O)

serious? The e90 you all owned has this type of sound??

Uchan, my car got the same sound as u mentioned when press or release the brake...but add-on to that, when I released the brake slowly, the sound like 'eeeiirrrkkkk' really annoying.....
Btw guys, as I'm new in this performance car things, can anyone tell me whats the difference between strut bar, stabilizer bar, anti-roll bar & sway bar? Its really confused me....:p

One more thing guys, do u think voltage stabilizer & grounding cable can add more ommpphhhh to our e90? I saw that some e46 owner did put that to their cars.....

JV88 said:
One more thing guys, do u think voltage stabilizer & grounding cable can add more ommpphhhh to our e90? I saw that some e46 owner did put that to their cars.....

Please don't do this mod...your car doesn't need it...plenty of things to buy before you should even start considering this :D

Case in point, europassion in Jakarta, just opened up a group buy for replica Hartge front lip on e90post for $100 plus $30 shipping :eek: I am going to go on the list but checking to see if I can pick it up myself since I am coming down there this year's end. The lip will be primed, ready for paint.

uchan/JV88 : that 'eeeirrrk' or 'got-gooo-ottt" sounds maybe the car's comfort stop feature (automatic regulation of brakes to prevent hard stop). Its annoying and sounds off. You'd need to adjust the way you drive to get around it.

KL2DC, means that nothing wrong with my new 'big & heavy Breyton' rims right? :) Care to explain about all those bar? Your knowledge is kindly appreciated :D

Top Bottom