BCM's Ultimate E90 Member Hangout.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
yea i did asked quite some places n shops apparently the 162 arent really popular with the rim shops they mostly carry Hamann's or ACS ,
the 162 kinda got stuck in both me n bro-inlaw's head. we really like the simple understated design of it

just stock standard look with OEM 330i rims , thats what im going for . bling bling aside :D

You could also arrange for your own gatherings if there is no official TT for that particular week, but we do hope that when there is an Official TT on that week your group will organise yourselves to attend the Club TT.

In order for this club to be the most happening car club we members have to be pro active and do more by attending official functions organised by the club for its members.

ThnXXX

sgbuloh_e90 said:
yea i did asked quite some places n shops apparently the 162 arent really popular with the rim shops they mostly carry Hamann's or ACS ,
the 162 kinda got stuck in both me n bro-inlaw's head. we really like the simple understated design of it

just stock standard look with OEM 330i rims , thats what im going for . bling bling aside :D

I love the 162s...it goes well with the E90's lines. There are 19" high-line reproductions of the 162s (low pressure casting in the US) that just came out, that I am thinking of getting soon. So far the initial pictures look awesome and they're quite good value for $999 per set plus shipping. Great sizes 19x8/19x9.5 awesome offset for a concave wheel ET30, not too heavy (about 28lbs each).

Very tempted...but every big-ticket mod like this is pushing back my dreams of an 335i E90 :(

sgbuloh_e90 said:
:D just placed an order for the 18" 162 style rims from AB Glenmarie ,
do u guys think i need to lower the car when i get the 18"? or just left it stock?
what's this thing about adding spacers ? btw what's spacers ? im a totally dummy when it comes to most car related stuff , ..i just drive ..sigh

this is the look im going for , looks stock or lowered?
http://www.e90post.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2050&stc=1

Ideally the M-Sport suspension would be nice addition to the 162s, its a nice conservative drop without looking too aftermarket. My friends have fiddled around with his 330i Sport and found the 12mm spacers at the rear to be ideal for looks and handling. 15mm is doable as well but the minute difference between the two shows up (claimed) in subtle handling differences. Even with the 162s and staggered setup there is still a slight tucked in look in the rear.

mmm with stock suspension u think it'd look decent if the 12mm spacers are added? or is it doable?... thanks in advance for the advice

I would never pay RM 22k for a set of 162s rims with tyres!! Even AB is willing to offer 10% discount, my stand is still "No" to them. With this price, there are many more much better rims.

Or, wait for another few months, there will be a lot secondhand 162s as many would trade-in their original 162s for other rims. Then.... I will grab it as secondhand will cost nothing more than RM 10k inclusive of tyres.

u'd be suprised at the price that i got for them :D
it's not as high as u think it is , david.

well its on the way , will post some pics once i get the chance :D

sgbuloh_e90 said:
mmm with stock suspension u think it'd look decent if the 12mm spacers are added? or is it doable?... thanks in advance for the advice

Thats what I said...162s plus sports suspension plus 12mm rear spacers. Perfect!!

Guys,
do u know any good workshop/tyre shop in KL/PJ that familiar wt e90? I'm planning to change to sport suspension later on as my car running wt eibach pro kit sport spring already.....the shop I went to doesn't seem familiar wt e90 yet.....

sgbuloh_e90 said:
u'd be suprised at the price that i got for them :D
it's not as high as u think it is , david.

well its on the way , will post some pics once i get the chance :D

The last I was quoted by AB on the 162s rims was RM 11k. This is only rims. Not inclusive of tyres. 18" RFT will comes to about RM 1.8k per piece.

Mind sharing with us how much you got the rims from AB ??

David Yong said:
The last I was quoted by AB on the 162s rims was RM 11k. This is only rims. Not inclusive of tyres. 18" RFT will comes to about RM 1.8k per piece.

Mind sharing with us how much you got the rims from AB ??

Yeah SgBuloh mind sharing with us on how much you paid. I am still drooling looking at the 162

fayehong said:
Hi, guys

was out of town with my E90 for the pass 2 days. experience the trill of handling the E90 but there were some setback would like to share.

The car was very bumpy when travelling at 160 km/h. or faster....did anyone experience the same? Is it cause by the old one year old tyre? Mt daugther was having a headache due this. :(

to KL2DC - yes , i dont know where they got the roundel but they just stick it to my fob. sound funny huh.....

beside the car issue..........as i m a novice in computer.....can anyone teach me how to insert photo in this message..kah... TQ.

Hey guys!

I know this is old, and some may have highlighted this before...

I noticed that the lightbeam wobbles albeit slightly during driving. Is this normal? It's like as if the bulb is loose or something. Anyone noticed the same?

Kind regards,

Shuks

shuksE90 said:
Hey guys!

I know this is old, and some may have highlighted this before...

I noticed that the lightbeam wobbles albeit slightly during driving. Is this normal? It's like as if the bulb is loose or something. Anyone noticed the same?

Kind regards,

Shuks

Shuks, don't worry. Lightbeam wobbling is normal. I remember reading it somewhere on the e90 forums that this is because of the self leveling mechanism. Why BMW can't make the damn thing stay put is another question in itself!:D

Yup, mine is "wobbly" too, and I don't think it's self-leveling. I did ask AB and they say it's normal (most likely they don't know).

With regards to rims, I personally prefer Hamman HM2 or Breyton Visions. They are easier to clean especially with all the brake dusts. But do tell us how much you got the 162s with tyres :)

shuksE90 said:

It's normal, one of those E90 idiosynchracies, all US E90s does this as well. Its got a little to do with self-levelling but other cars with Bix and self levelling doesn't quite shake/move that much.

You ever notice that as you go up the range, BMW wheels get easier to clean.

Case in point wheel 154 (320i) to 162 (330i) ;)

if im not counting wrongly i got them for 9k i think , tyre options are from AB themselves so i can decide when the rims arrive . :D
checked with a friend that they're about 8kplus in other suppliers in m'sia .
guess i kena tipu few hundred . but its ok i guess. win some lose some

sgbuloh_e90 said:
if im not counting wrongly i got them for 9k i think , tyre options are from AB themselves so i can decide when the rims arrive . :D
checked with a friend that they're about 8kplus in other suppliers in m'sia .
guess i kena tipu few hundred . but its ok i guess. win some lose some

SgBuloh,

So 9K are only for rims, how abt 18in RFT tires? Or you are going for normal tires?

yea thats the prob im not too sure , would love u guys to advise bit.
price range between normal n RFTs are honestly not much in substantial diff , coz i am still wondering how both setup weigh in with pro's n cons.
was recommended michelin 18" both RFT and normal .

btw my birthday is today 20th october :D shamefully plugging my own birthday :D
faster guys send me some chrome window linings i want em :D
or a nice chrome exhaust tip :p ,
m-sport floor mats are ok also :)

Hey sgbuloh_e90, Happy Birthday!!! Chrome window trims and exhaust tips are from girlfriends. All you get from me are my best wishes, sorry.

Top Bottom