BCM's Ultimate E90 Member Hangout.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
JV88,

How's your ride with a 19" rims as compared to stock 17" RFT ? Post us some pics la.....

fayehong said:
danc,.....welcome back...can you let me know what item they offer to change for u ...as i am in the mid of negotiating with AB Pg to change some of the items for my e-90. by the way what is this CIP 19.1 all about....need some help on this lah..as i m new to BMW,,,regards.

faye,
It really depends on the condition of the car. AB will change after they have done their PDI so it's hard to say. I can't relly remember what was chged but it was slightly different from other folks here. i.e my brake pads were chged, sport rim (slight scratch), driver door rubber (slight split), front fog lights (slight blurring), engine oil and other fluids. So it really depends. As for the software, I am basing on the discussion on the thread and it seems that if you have features like auto door look, plays MP3 etc means you have the latest version but I am sure KL2DC can shade more light here ;)

Hi everone,

Got my ride and here are a few things I noticed and want to check if it's normal.

1. At std still and gear in D can you turn off your engine, mine seems to be able (though I think this should not be for safety reasons)

2. When you turn off engine and remove your key, lock the door, the P light on your gear console lights up, is this normal? What does this mean.

Watch out for your tire pressure. According to my SC all is correct as per PDI, took car back early morning checked pressure, all tires were wrongly inflated, way way below i.e. 220 for front, my fronts were below 150, rear suppose to be 240, they were 180. Bumped up the tire pressure the car tracks better and better pickup (as expected)

Watch out for their polishing job, to me it's not done very well. Look at the edges and I saw lots of unremoved polish all hardened some I cant even rub off.

Net net the car still drives like a dream and my wife just loves driving it, small and manageable for her too.

danc:

1) Never tried it, I suppose you could but I doubt you would be able to remove the key fob.

Want to try something freaky, try at your own risk!!!

a) start the car as normal and leave it in P
b) stop the car
c) remove the key
d) immediately start the car again (without the key in)

You'd find the car will start without the key fob in and one is able to drive around. I think it will shut off when you open the door or something. I haven't pushed it far enough to know when or if the car will shut off without the key in. Again, please attempt at your own risk, I bear no responsibility.

2) One of the most talked about feature. No definite answer yet other than the light will go away eventually with no ill effect.

3) Dealer always screw up the air pressures for some reason. Good reminder, always check your airpressure after delivery (for all makes).

4) Dealer always screw up detailing at PDI in one way or another. Some E90 buyers insist on doing the detailing on their own for this very reason.

Will check on the latest CIP...

Nope, the engine cannot be turn off at D. I tried it before. It can only be turn off at N or P. If it can be turn off at D.... then something is wrong with your car. Imagine.... while you are driving and your kid or someone sit next to you at the passenger seat suddenly press the Start/Stop button and your engine just turn off like that!!! It is part of the security feature. If it can be turn off at D, then it will be freaking dangerous to you and other motorists especially those following you behind!

When you turn off engine and remove your key, lock the door, the P light on your gear console lights up, is this normal? Answer.... is ABSOLUTELY NORMAL.
I have checked with AB before and they told me it is a standard feature. No harm to you car. The light will be on for quite sometime and switch off by itself until when you unlock the door and it will light up again.

If I'm not mistaken, the engine will turn off at D if we press the button continuously 4-5 times. This is what been told to me by my SA. Don't know whether its true. Don't dare to test it though..maybe somebody can confirm this wt the AB....
Anyway, after changing my rims, the stering wheel seem lighter...cornering so much better compare wt standard...will post a pics later....

m3coupe888.jpg

JV88 said:
If I'm not mistaken, the engine will turn off at D if we press the button continuously 4-5 times. This is what been told to me by my SA. Don't know whether its true. Don't dare to test it though..maybe somebody can confirm this wt the AB....
Anyway, after changing my rims, the stering wheel seem lighter...cornering so much better compare wt standard...will post a pics later....

m3coupe888.jpg

Surprisingly.... I did a test.... it can be turn off at D and it can be started when unplug the key (like what KL2DC mentioned)!!! But last time when I was driving, I tried pressing the button and it cannot be turn off but today I tested it when the car is not moving and at D it can be turn off. Maybe when driving, a press at the button won't tunr off the engine unless you are on N. But when it's not moving (stationery), it can be turn off even at D. Dunno la.... need to confirm with AB what's all these. I was surprise when I did what KL2DC mentioned and it really can start even with the key unplug! Why ??? I'm confused now.

JV88,

Of course the handling will be much more better with 19" rims. Is it bouncy especially on high speed ? Is it more stiffer ride with a 19" rims ? I am thinking either 18" or 19" rims.... not sure which is better. What is the brand & size of your non RFT tires ? On overall, is there improvement on the ride comfort between RFT and non RFT ? How abt the noise ? Any reduction with non RFT ?

I'm using Continental....so far abit noisy & stiffer as I lowered the car too (springs changed to Eibach Pro Kit). Might consider a combination wt Bilstein set also later on...talking about ride comfort, I think its difficult to reach wt 19" rims on your wheels..... :D

thbreyton1112.jpg

David Yong said:
I was surprise when I did what KL2DC mentioned and it really can start even with the key unplug! Why ??? I'm confused now.

Lol...it's a cool party trick, isn't it :D

I suspect is provision/loophole for the Comfort Access option which I also (regrettably) didn't order :(

JV88: Wrt your wheel change, I doubt there is a sizeable increase in unsprung weight between the OEM RFT setup and your Breyton/Non-RFT setup. Also even with less sidewall, your non-RFT sidewall should be more compliant. So it should be a washout in effects/changes on ride comfort. Which spec Eibach spring did you go for? Sounds like you need uprated shocks to go with the springs. What's the drop....1.6" thereabouts? Don't forget to do your alignment!!! Look into H&R sway bars.

Please post pics!!

does all 3 series in m'sia comes with tinting?

mine comes with v-kool pre-installed already coz of the previous owner.
noticed a big difference especially in the rear seats as i test drived the demo car that feels bit warm at the back even with the rear aircon in full blast mode ,
if u constantly have to blast the aircon i dont see a point in having decent cabin atmosphere with the loud blowers on?

well since we have least 20 over e90s it'd be great to have a TT or gathering now n then eh? :D

sgbuloh_e90 said:
well since we have least 20 over e90s it'd be great to have a TT or gathering now n then eh? :D

Agreed, you guys should...although its somewhat of a long drive over, for me :D

Someone should organize a little meet for E90s. It'd be great for you guys to come out and hangout and take group pics. I for one, would love to see your cars. Aside from that, eventhough we are a small minority here in BCoM, it'd be nice for some E90s to comeout and join their TTs (or other events). They need more exposure to the E90s and the E90 community. Show them how awesome our cars are!!!

KL2DC said:
Lol...it's a cool party trick, isn't it :D

I suspect is provision/loophole for the Comfort Access option which I also (regrettably) didn't order :(

Actually, all car engines can be stopped even when in D or any gear. Hence the embarrassing situation many new drivers have faced when their cars won't start and they call daddy or a mechanic, and he comes, takes one look, shifts into P and starts the car for them :rolleyes:

Is Comfort Access the same as Keyless Go in Mercs? If yes, then once activated, the security code is retained during a current cycle and the car will start and keep running until that cycle is broken in whatever way that car is designed. Non-Comfort Access cars have the same starter assembly but without the RF facility activated and so work the same way. So you can probably extend the party trick and drive to Atlantic City with the key in your pocket, KL2DC :D

Schwepps: Yes, Comfort Access is like Keyless Go in MBs albeit better priced at $500. I understand what you are saying about the code/signal cycling, but you're forgetting one thing, by ejecting the key fob, essentally the cycle would/should have been broken. In that respect, its still a pretty cool party trick :D Actually, I've driven around my local park for minutes at end without a key fob anywhere in and within the car. Even comfort access cars can't do that :eek: Still chicken to push it though. Some have shared that they are able to drive some distances without the key. Best keep this info to ourselves, we just volunteered information that compromises the anti-theft capabilities of our car lol

KL2DC: Then the cycle break isn't the act of pulling out the key fob. Perhaps it's a design flaw and actually easily fixed by BMW, since all this is determined by firmware programming.

WRT to compromising anti-theft capabilities, the pros would already know all this and probably have devices that can break any code. Anything with a code, be it traditional key or an IR/RF device, can be decoded...so says my seasoned locksmith in Bangsar Village.

In any case, isn't it ludicrous that a quarter million RM car comes without a car alarm here? BMW/AB don't seem that hot on security....unless it's because they want to charge you for add-ons like GPS tracking.

KL2DC, based on your professional opinion, what shocks u suggested to go with my eibach spring? I'm not really good into this things...the eibach springs also was suggested by the tyre shop I changed my rims. & how about the sway bar? does it come complete in 1 set altogether? sorry for the stupid question...:eek:

thbreyton1112.jpg

162 rims

:D just placed an order for the 18" 162 style rims from AB Glenmarie ,
dont ask me how much im paying for em , i might get hammered by u guys :p

should arrive in 3-4 weeks depending coz its raya time ,
will take prolly half a day to install em in .

was in ikano (ikea) while leaving the parking i saw a titanium silver e90 what i think is the 330i with the gorgeous 162 rims :D
that's how cool my ride could look in a month's time :cool:

do u guys think i need to lower the car when i get the 18"? or just left it stock?
what's this thing about adding spacers ? btw what's spacers ? im a totally dummy when it comes to most car related stuff , ..i just drive ..sigh

this is the look im going for , looks stock or lowered?
attachment.php

sgbuloh_e90 said:
:D just placed an order for the 18" 162 style rims from AB Glenmarie ,
dont ask me how much im paying for em , i might get hammered by u guys :p

should arrive in 3-4 weeks depending coz its raya time ,
will take prolly half a day to install em in .

was in ikano (ikea) while leaving the parking i saw a titanium silver e90 what i think is the 330i with the gorgeous 162 rims :D
that's how cool my ride could look in a month's time :cool:

do u guys think i need to lower the car when i get the 18"? or just left it stock?
what's this thing about adding spacers ? btw what's spacers ? im a totally dummy when it comes to most car related stuff , ..i just drive ..sigh

this is the look im going for , looks stock or lowered?
http://www.e90post.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2050&stc=1

I'm sure it will cost a bomb, did you consider other makes before plunging into the 162s??.

Top Bottom