Are you Happy With Your F30?!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kl_T

Club Guest
Hai all sifu,I m planning to upgrade my car to BMW 320i. I tested the car and overall is consider good! I found a lot of Negative feedback from Malaysia and Singapore forum as well. Mind to share with me how many bro here happy with your ride?Money hard earn, I worried I jump into a wrong car.Anyway, Million of appreciated for all input and advice!Happy New Year! Cheers~

Happy new year to you kl_T.

Kindly introduce yourself in the Newbies section as per the forum rules and regulations.

namidub;793460 said:
Happy new year to you kl_T.

Kindly introduce yourself in the Newbies section as per the forum rules and regulations.

Sorry Sir, Anyway Thanks for remind me!

I think it depends on what is ur current ride...and what is ur expectation?
For me, i love the new driving dynamic experience...the only thing i wish came together with the car is the M Sport suspension package ..hehehe...other thn that this is my the best car i ever have so far :)
Err... and i just cant help but to share with u tht one of the best part of the ownership is to get to know fellow UDM owners..cool!

Fredo;793479 said:
I think it depends on what is ur current ride...and what is ur expectation?
For me, i love the new driving dynamic experience...the only thing i wish came together with the car is the M Sport suspension package ..hehehe...other thn that this is my the best car i ever have so far :)
Err... and i just cant help but to share with u tht one of the best part of the ownership is to get to know fellow UDM owners..cool!

Fredo, I m now driving Honda Civic 2.0 Year 2005. Which model of F30 you driving now? Hope to hear more from u guys! Thanks bro

Fredo's ride a 320d. he's in love with his d. an ever blossoming affair with the low end torque his ride gives and the sessions that's gonna follow.....

gendong bro, any idea what is the difference between 320d and 320i? According to the spec 0-100km/h is the same 7.6 second for this 2 model. Is it accurate?

320d has a diesel engine while 320i is a petrol engine. Acceleration is the same, but the d delivers more torque at 380Nm compared to the i's 270Nm. Lovely for that instant surge of power/acceleration.

Consumption wise, the d variant could go as low as 4.5l/100km (more or less 800-900km per full tank), compared to the petrol at 6l/100km (500-600km per full tank?)

Dont trust what i say bro. you have to DRIVE it to feel it........ :burnout:

Hi kl_T, welcome! I've had my F30 for abt 6mths now. It has given me & my family nothin but JOY :eek:

gendong;793529 said:

Gendong has driven the 320d and every night he dreams of that lovely instant surge of power/acceleration... :4:..

I concur!

Go for a drive and get poisoned by the power of "d". Then get more poison from other "d" owners to squeeze more power out of the engine with race chip la, dtuk-ship la, vector la, PedalBox la, ppk la...

Be sure to check out the thread about potential issues people are facing (subjective to how each interprets the seriousness of the issues) and decide if you can or can't live with.

gendong;793529 said:
320d has a diesel engine while 320i is a petrol engine. Acceleration is the same, but the d delivers more torque at 380Nm compared to the i's 270Nm. Lovely for that instant surge of power/acceleration.

Consumption wise, the d variant could go as low as 4.5l/100km (more or less 800-900km per full tank), compared to the petrol at 6l/100km (500-600km per full tank?)

_M_;793535 said:
Hi kl_T, welcome! I've had my F30 for abt 6mths now. It has given me & my family nothin but JOY :eek:

Gendong has driven the 320d and every night he dreams of that lovely instant surge of power/acceleration... :4:..

For a beginner/ newbie like me, 320d is sufficient Hehe..but bro Gendong seems in a need for more grunt. Perhaps a 330d suits him better :)

kl_T;793520 said:
Fredo, I m now driving Honda Civic 2.0 Year 2005. Which model of F30 you driving now? Hope to hear more from u guys! Thanks bro

From a civic, either 2 (320i or 320d) will give u more JOY in many ways to me.
Go test drive both bro... Pm me if u need any recommendation since i hv relatively good experience wth my SA too

Fredo;793593 said:
For a beginner/ newbie like me, 320d is sufficient Hehe..but bro Gendong seems in a need for more grunt. Perhaps a 330d suits him better :)

Aiseyman......dont la racun.........

Gendong,what about the maintainance of 320d? plz share if u dont mind..
gendong;793529 said:

Sorry bro, at this juncture i do not know as i am not an f30 owner.......just yet. Newer f30s comes with standard BSRI, so less hassle for owners.

there are two poisons for the 320d, in my opinion.

1) the TORQUE: it is really really addictive. it really gives you the kick and powers you along. once you've driven a turbo-diesel. NA cars are super boring and normal turbo cars are just not that fun.

2) the noise: it sounds like a lorry. no offense, sounds like a lorry when idle, sounds like a lorry when accelerating. at least thats true for the 320d.

hi..so far me happy with my 6 mths f30 328i skd...teething prob do happen....its a matter of how much you can tolerate....

gendong;793601 said:
Sorry bro, at this juncture i do not know as i am not an f30 owner.......just yet. Newer f30s comes with standard BSRI, so less hassle for owners.

hehe... this one is more like 'honey' than racun bro......:top:

Have my f30 328i for about one month now. Of course there are some problems here and there but overall I still love it very much. I like the technology that comes with the car especially the iDrive that allows me to stream music from my iPhone directly to the car stereo. Have not pushed the car yet as still running in period, mileage 1000 this morning. I am also impressed with the mileage that I can get from the car. So far, I can get 550km from a tank full with mixed city and highway driving.

you can call it the noise or you can call it a blessing in disguise. a gentle reminder that you are driving a car powered by the 'd'ark side. when the engine is running at the proper temperature range, it's slightly less lorry sounding. if it's a turn off, you can always opt for aftermarket sound damping products/services. a better sealed car like the 520d doesn't sound as loud. E60's 530d's even sweeter sounding.

jennypenny;793606 said:
there are two poisons for the 320d, in my opinion.

1) the TORQUE: it is really really addictive. it really gives you the kick and powers you along. once you've driven a turbo-diesel. NA cars are super boring and normal turbo cars are just not that fun.

2) the noise: it sounds like a lorry. no offense, sounds like a lorry when idle, sounds like a lorry when accelerating. at least thats true for the 320d.

Top Bottom