Anyone driving e92 335i ?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
saifuaw;685228 said:
Damn Nice car vroom.......what year is it..... Blue is always nice for 335 beast

It's not my car yet, sending it to doctor for a full body check inside out. if the car is fit, then only consider.

It's 2007

Vroom325;685106 said:
Yup! Bangsar. You know which one right?
When were you there? They said they brought in this car early of the year?

Can you tell me more about the bad experience?
Thanks.

Didn't have any bad experience with you current dealer...no worries bro..:)

I was at another car dealer...just nearby ...I think you should know which is it ..

This is the first time that I buy car..I would need to arrange for the insurance myself ...no touch up for the car when I collected it except for the exterior...! The interior was still dusty...and leather had terrible scratches..! I asked the salesman why was it like that ...his response to me was ..."how come you didn't tell me earlier???" i was like stunned! Am I supposed to be the one to inform him or was he supposed to be the one to do it?

When they delivered the car to me ...the windscreen had cracked. He told me to drive for one week...and then drive back to him for him to claim from my insurance. I didn't know what were the consequences so I allowed him to do so. When I rejected earlier, he mention that there's nothing he can do. The only way left was to claim for the insurance.

And since the day the car was delivered..there was a buzz sound coming out when I locked the car. The dealer told me it was originally installed. I felt weird. After lots of troubleshooting, I then realize that it was the lock set the glove box that was faulty and hence the loud buzz while locking. I went to the appointed mechanic of them...the boss mentioned that he will check with the car dealer and will then order and replace it for me. He dragged it till the warranty period was over and the car dealer bluntly rejected my request.

My point is...if the problem was discovered only after few weeks of driving..I don't mind being rejected on e warranty claim ...but then this problem existed since the very first day I collected the car....WTF..

After all...I should be the one to be blamed..! My own fault for not selecting the right car dealer...lesson learnt...

Back to KL and finally drove my red 335. Wife cursing all the way, she says interior so small, blah blah blah... i have migrane now.
Anyhow, my first impressions, damm powerfull, even for auto. Didnt expected that, i thought my gear stick e30 with its inline 6 at 2.8 is awesome enough, proved me wrong. It shows that modern cars with updated tech is always good. Nice insulation, engine doesnt screem, but just smooth. Just found out that 335 doesnt have Vanos..no wonder it sounded different. Loved the bits and pcs inside the cockpit...
Hmmm, haven tried the paddles yet...wonder if it works..taking the car for its first service, most likely in ProAuto, recommended by the warranty insurance, Topaz.
Vroom325, all the best tomorrow in getting that awesome blue 335 checked out by our mechanic. Give me a call if you need company.
Some funny experience i had when i took d car frm the shop last saturday, sat in the car, said bye to the salesman, shut d door... and then i winded down the window and asked, ehh, how to start ahh? And today, i cannot find the switch in the car to open the rear boot, had to off the engine, walked out and open it manualy. Really going to take time learning about this car. LOL

Bro, sorry to hear that. Buying car from used car dealer need to be extremely careful and upfront on what you want them to do.
Sadly, I never trust them.
The way they handle your case is also very bad, very bad. No biz ethic at all.
Feel you bro.

Mostly importantly, if you engine and GB is OK. Probably you just have to fork out some money and your car will be back in good condition.
Let's look at it in positive way.

Jlow;685322 said:
Didn't have any bad experience with you current dealer...no worries bro..:)

I was at another car dealer...just nearby ...I think you should know which is it ..

This is the first time that I buy car..I would need to arrange for the insurance myself ...no touch up for the car when I collected it except for the exterior...! The interior was still dusty...and leather had terrible scratches..! I asked the salesman why was it like that ...his response to me was ..."how come you didn't tell me earlier???" i was like stunned! Am I supposed to be the one to inform him or was he supposed to be the one to do it?

When they delivered the car to me ...the windscreen had cracked. He told me to drive for one week...and then drive back to him for him to claim from my insurance. I didn't know what were the consequences so I allowed him to do so. When I rejected earlier, he mention that there's nothing he can do. The only way left was to claim for the insurance.

And since the day the car was delivered..there was a buzz sound coming out when I locked the car. The dealer told me it was originally installed. I felt weird. After lots of troubleshooting, I then realize that it was the lock set the glove box that was faulty and hence the loud buzz while locking. I went to the appointed mechanic of them...the boss mentioned that he will check with the car dealer and will then order and replace it for me. He dragged it till the warranty period was over and the car dealer bluntly rejected my request.

My point is...if the problem was discovered only after few weeks of driving..I don't mind being rejected on e warranty claim ...but then this problem existed since the very first day I collected the car....WTF..

After all...I should be the one to be blamed..! My own fault for not selecting the right car dealer...lesson learnt...

Daniel, share with your wife why BMW is always heaving steering, stiff ride, tight interior and so on.
If she like car, she will appreciate it slowly. There are reasons why BMW is built this way...

There should be a button around the bonnet lever to open? If not just unlock your doors and go to the back and touch the trunk lever, it will open.(if I am not mistaken)

My mechanic will take care of the checking and let me know, as I need to work so I won't be there. May be we can meet at Bangsar when I go cut the deal after the car has passed the health check.

Daniel E30;685345 said:
Back to KL and finally drove my red 335. Wife cursing all the way, she says interior so small, blah blah blah... i have migrane now.
Anyhow, my first impressions, damm powerfull, even for auto. Didnt expected that, i thought my gear stick e30 with its inline 6 at 2.8 is awesome enough, proved me wrong. It shows that modern cars with updated tech is always good. Nice insulation, engine doesnt screem, but just smooth. Just found out that 335 doesnt have Vanos..no wonder it sounded different. Loved the bits and pcs inside the cockpit...
Hmmm, haven tried the paddles yet...wonder if it works..taking the car for its first service, most likely in ProAuto, recommended by the warranty insurance, Topaz.
Vroom325, all the best tomorrow in getting that awesome blue 335 checked out by our mechanic. Give me a call if you need company.
Some funny experience i had when i took d car frm the shop last saturday, sat in the car, said bye to the salesman, shut d door... and then i winded down the window and asked, ehh, how to start ahh? And today, i cannot find the switch in the car to open the rear boot, had to off the engine, walked out and open it manualy. Really going to take time learning about this car. LOL

U can unlock d boot using yr push start key. There is a boot sign below d centre bmw logo.

Bailey;685418 said:
yep vroom, tis place used to hav 2 unit which i nearly closed deal t one in silver a week b4 hari raya but i found another one wit sunroof..........dont worry they r good
anyway nice ride bro............enjoy t VROOM

Bro Bailey, the one in silver i think is 06 one, right? they finally sold it ard 220k+ if I am not mistaken.

Where did you got yours? year and price? This shop is kinda stiff on price.

Originally I was looking for a sedan 335 but it's too rare. Also coz after I take a good look at coupe, it looks so so good! tak boleh tahan lah...

Looks like the 335 community is growing :wink:

Daniel E30;685345 said:

By the way, didn't they service your car before handing over to you?
I manage to have a quick look at your car that day, your tyre is also time to change liao.

Guys, the ABS failed... at least 10k to fix...
Fuel pump also fixed or changed before.

Bro, as i c it there r 3 options. 1) walk away. 2) negotiate kow kow on price. 3) get at least a one month written free warranty upon delivery. Cost to consider when taking d car, New tyres betw 4 to 5 k, new absorbers about 4k, complete service n change of all oils approx 2k. This is d 1st time i have heard of abs failure on d 335. The e92 shares a lot of common parts with d e90, so 2 an extent, parts r reasonably priced. Good luck.

Aaaah that's hurt.... On second thought it's good to have the problem detected
Before putting it on the dotted line. Good mechanic
So what's next vrrroom

Will try...even with the key inserted in the dash? Vroom325, there is no buttons near the bonnet lever...looked for it...

Guys, ya, he is trusted mechanice. Me and my friends all service there. Need to reward him.

Though the shop offer me that they will fix it, I decided to walk away. Sorry but I trust no used car dealers. Decided to kill this idea of owning a 335. I will be using it as a work horse. May be a last batch E90 325, or 325 coupe? hehe... 328 is 4 cylinder... I know it's powerful though. Well, slowly think about it lah.

NKTOB, the sales said it's a Monteigo blue or something like that.

Vroom325;684987 said:
Guys, not yet. Sending the car for full body check today.
Will share with you guys, also need to know how to upload...

It's a very nice blue with cream beige interior...
M sport sus, body kit... Lovely.

Good luck with your cream beige interior ! i had mine for 2 yrs now, its.. urmm not pleasant. haha... and yours is not a Msport body kit, just the aero kit,also your headliner is beige and not black as Msport model has it, your steering has a silver trim , Msport is all black. however i see you might have the performance diffuser. I hope the sales man didnt try to wrestle out a few more RM from your bank account by telling you yours is a Msport model.

Top Bottom