Anyone driving e92 335i ?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Has anyone installed the BMW Performance front brakes onto their 335i? The disc size seemed kinda small but the calipers looks the biz.. Wondering how they perform on the 335i,what with the heavier engine upfront.
Pretty interested in them,since the prices of Brembo or APRacing BBKs are pretty steep.

my disc brake got problem again... steering shaking when i press brake.. shi fus please recommend what brake should i replace.. not confidence on the original disc plate

Mryangzai;717806 said:
my disc brake got problem again... steering shaking when i press brake.. shi fus please recommend what brake should i replace.. not confidence on the original disc plate

Whts the milage you hv done on your rotors bro? steering shudders while braking could be due to several factors. It cud be the rotor, it cud be your rims and it cud even be due to your tyres not properly balance. Have it checked out first before anything else ...

Injector recall

Bavaria;695343 said:
hey, i checked out the blue 335 at zaibi, they hav changed the ABS pump..n ya,cost them rm10k..its not a m sport version, 33i se. mileage is around 18,000 km..got service record from UK aso..there is also a recall on the injectors, but BMW Malaysia will fix that..

Has anyone with a UK-spec 335i had their injectors/ HPFP replaced (under warranty) thru BMW Malaysia?

supergripen;717491 said:
Has anyone installed the BMW Performance front brakes onto their 335i? The disc size seemed kinda small but the calipers looks the biz.. Wondering how they perform on the 335i,what with the heavier engine upfront.
Pretty interested in them,since the prices of Brembo or APRacing BBKs are pretty steep.

Rotors are smaller by 1cm, but not noticable. Stops on the dime and value for money.

cosmo;718431 said:
Rotors are smaller by 1cm, but not noticable. Stops on the dime and value for money.

Thanx bro... so the BMW Performance rotors are 338mm then.Just to confirm,they do offer an improvement in braking power compared to the standard setup?

supergripen;718511 said:
Thanx bro... so the BMW Performance rotors are 338mm then.Just to confirm,they do offer an improvement in braking power compared to the standard setup?

Definately and change the hoses to braided steel for immediate results.

The standard e92 335i/335d use a single piston sliding caliper and vented disks with plain face, so the Performance Brake Kit would offer an immediate improvement in specification: Straight away you would have six pistons clamping the pads to the disk (instead of one) - giving better alignment of the pads to the disk, more stopping power and better pedal feel (especially if you fitted Goodridge braided hoses in place of the OEM rubber hoses). There would also be less chance of brake fade (if you use the brakes on track) due to greater heat dissipation across the larger caliper area. Last but not least, as the new calipers are made from aluminium you would also reduce unsprung mass. The drilled, slotted and vented design of the disks also offer advantages over the original plain face vented disks.

The only drawback about the kit is that the supplied pads are not really up to standard, for the brake kit to really come alive is to change it to Ferodos or Pagids

AlexC;717989 said:
Has anyone with a UK-spec 335i had their injectors/ HPFP replaced (under warranty) thru BMW Malaysia?

I am wondering about this too ? and about the wastegate rattling?

M5port;719405 said:
The standard e92 335i/335d use a single piston sliding caliper and vented disks with plain face, so the Performance Brake Kit would offer an immediate improvement in specification: Straight away you would have six pistons clamping the pads to the disk (instead of one) - giving better alignment of the pads to the disk, more stopping power and better pedal feel (especially if you fitted Goodridge braided hoses in place of the OEM rubber hoses). There would also be less chance of brake fade (if you use the brakes on track) due to greater heat dissipation across the larger caliper area. Last but not least, as the new calipers are made from aluminium you would also reduce unsprung mass. The drilled, slotted and vented design of the disks also offer advantages over the original plain face vented disks.

The only drawback about the kit is that the supplied pads are not really up to standard, for the brake kit to really come alive is to change it to Ferodos or Pagids

Munchie, if you put those pads, brembo will discontinue BMW BBK. Also, your eyes will come out of your socket when you brake.

Wow... u guys have extensive bolt-ons!!! I'm way way behind.

Any of u guys decide to sell ur biturbos for supercharged V6s,please lemme know.Wouldn't mind getting ur bolt-ons man!

Cosmo hahah i think the whole car will lunge forward leaving the 4 wheels behind.

Supergripen i saw a RS5........... so sexy....... tonight i am going to sleep early...... and dream. haha..

M5port;719601 said:
Cosmo hahah i think the whole car will lunge forward leaving the 4 wheels behind.

Supergripen i saw a RS5........... so sexy....... tonight i am going to sleep early...... and dream. haha..

Yup they are super sexy aren't they... damn.

Wish I had the means.BUT even if I have,I'd probably get a Porsche rather than an Audi for an upgrade.BMW does it for me at this level.

Top Bottom