After market HID going to be banned by JPJ

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
wptee;363782 said:
they got so many hundred cars to check per operation, their eyes only on colour, yellow go; white stop, where got time to think of the location la, wait for them to think long jam and chao d.

very valid point you have there.:top:

i kene fined b4... rm300 beb... no discount... farking police.... even my hid was't white.. its yellow!!!! stoopid police said mine is white... too bright.... haih....

In my view, they / we missing the points, its not whether its HID or Projector, std or retrofitted, it is where the lights are pointing - we should have something like wat the UK has - MOT, where they check everthing lights, signal ( ada tapi tak guna hal lain plak) etc.Headlites can be adjusted people....
We keep having stupid laws thats in place for god knows wat reason and enforced as and when they like - particularly near festive seasons.
I just installed mine and damn wat a difference - it as if i was driving blind at nite all this while.....if they really want to control, perhaps it should be the power or wattage ( whatever) , am using 4000 - and i dont see why one would need 6000 or 8000 for that matter.It is after all after market improvement for the sake of better safety - well that is my reason for install.
They(JPJ) should spend their time fining cars with no bumpers, brake lights not working, only 1 head lite working.......
Ok - thats my rant quota for the week .....

yea agree with na993, here in the uk cars must undergo MOT every year for full check for road worthiness, even tyre thread depth are checked! That is why there are lots of HID light here, but won't get banned cos the HID here don't shine till you feel the glare on your rear view mirror like what happens in penang.

My car's HID is 6000k and was professionally fitted so it shines downwards on the road.

I think the gov just wants a fast way out. Make the complain go away and some revenue as well. The only prob is those people who does not care about other drivers. No matter how much u adjust ur headlamp it will still glare from using cheap HID kits with bad focus. I have experienced it my self from using a set of cheap HID kit. My BMW is fitted with Bosch HID(not the China BOSCH) and has almost no glare. I had taken the time to source and spend the money for it to be done properly. I feel they should test the HID them self and only approve certian brand which does not glare. Also feel they should be using proper equipments to test that the car's light is too glaring instate of saying "oh ur light is glaring so we will slap u with a RM300 buck fine"

MSport;363298 said:
HIDs are fine, as long as the headlights is a projector headlight designed. Problem is people just replace the bulb in their funnel headlights and voila! the lights go shince everywhere and can light up a stadium. :stupid:

It is not cause ppl replace the bulb with HID in their funnel headlight. Mine is a funnel head light also but close to zero glare when i did up the HID properly in my car. It is caused by ppl using those really cheap out of focus HID from China. another reason is that because most of them does not have a reflector like u would in a normal halogen H4 bulb so they would be driving like they are on hi light and also coz they don't care as long as they can see while other ppl are being blinded.

all good points, basically a properly set up set should be allowed.... .. is there a JPJ rep in the house....

If we were to have MOT in Malaysia, more holes for the bribery to happen. Imagine even the Puspakom was caught for approving cars when bribed. In UK MOT is conducted by independent workshops and still the integrity is really high. As for me the HIDs really help while driving on our LPT late at night, but will the JPJ consider whether we put good HIDs or cheap China makes. They are really up to it for unofficial tax on us...huhuhuhu

Top Bottom