After market HID going to be banned by JPJ

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

zeedo

Club Guest
Heard from the new about the banning of after market HID starting from Dec'08. First they wanted to do it mid of this year then suddenly senyap, wonder if it will be the same this time. Anybody ever been fined for HIDs?:eek:

zeedo;363264 said:
Heard from the new about the banning of after market HID starting from Dec'08. First they wanted to do it mid of this year then suddenly senyap, wonder if it will be the same this time. Anybody ever been fined for HIDs?:eek:

HIDs are fine, as long as the headlights is a projector headlight designed. Problem is people just replace the bulb in their funnel headlights and voila! the lights go shince everywhere and can light up a stadium. :stupid:

Yup MSport is right HID without a projector housing puts other road users in danger cos it's really glaring especially those wif 4x4 e.g. harrier... Hope JPJ will impose d ban SOON than later.

From what I have reading from various forums, there is nothing in the JPJ Rules & Regulations on the use of HID, so the enforcement would be up to the officers who stopped your car.. So as long as you are using aftermarket HID, there would be a risk, regardless whether it's projector or reflector type of headlight.
Sigh...

I got stopped once. He asked me if it was original. I just said yeah, it came wit the car. Then he let me go. Haha.

Maybe we can get away with our UDMs, but are JPJ will be up to the point of asking us to open the bonnet to determine ori HID or not...that we just wait and see. Things like this always hangat2 taik ayam only. But still in Dec...I'll drive wifey Kenari at night...hehehe

If they can find the ballast, they'll confiscate it. If not, they let go. Ive got a friend been stopped for HID and been asked to pop out the hood, the officer is trying to look for something. And my friend asks him, are you looking for a ballast? The officer couldnt find the ballast, in an M3. Kekekeke!

i hope they put those HID 10000k fellas in JAIL! It is dangerous!! last week I got out of my car and smashed the headlights of the car behind with my baseball bat. I nearly crashed my car because of the fella's HID.
sorry i'm not the violent type but I just lost it. Sorry brader 325i...

guru;363377 said:
i hope they put those HID 10000k fellas in JAIL! It is dangerous!! last week I got out of my car and smashed the headlights of the car behind with my baseball bat. I nearly crashed my car because of the fella's HID.
sorry i'm not the violent type but I just lost it. Sorry brader 325i...

I wish I could do that on someone who change lane without turning on their indicator!:top:

zeedo;363350 said:
Maybe we can get away with our UDMs, but are JPJ will be up to the point of asking us to open the bonnet to determine ori HID or not...that we just wait and see. Things like this always hangat2 taik ayam only. But still in Dec...I'll drive wifey Kenari at night...hehehe

No wonder they asked me to pop the hood. :dong:

Yes, during the last round of JPJ ops, they will request to pop the hood. If they can see the ballast, you'll have it. So if you can hide your HID ballast, then u'll be 'safer'...

Aieyy...mind is so not hidden, pop up the hood and there you are. I guess just rewire the ori socket and put back the original bulb. Not worth the hassle I suppose while they are at it...mind is just 4000k HID. Or just change with the ori...but will burn my pocket (wonder how much will it cost)

Worst comes to worst, mention that our UDMs use the adjustable projector system.

its not about the ballast. its all about those retrofitted conversion HID kit and bulb. you can hide all the ballast you want, but if the bulb is a HID conversion bulb, meaning a HID bulb with a halogen socket type fitting and not a original HID D1s D2s type, you are definitely getting the ticket.

FYI only original factory fitted HIDs have D1s or D2s bulbs.

the new civic fd2 doesn't have projector but it comes in HID as well. so it does not mean projector + hid is the best. wrong idea there.

once u get your balast just spray it black and it'll blend in with the rest of the car. i got HID illegally installed in my car's fog lights, and it is usefull when i switch on highlight with HID to light up street lamp-less roads

ai ya....jpj road block very easy get thru only. don't convert your high beam to hid. whenever road block, assuming there are cars lining up in front, drive as near as possible to the front car, then switch off all headlight and keep holding on your high beam light. No problem liao!

Just drive as near as possible to the front car, this is so that your high beam won't shine the officer when your car is far away. When the queue reaches u, he can't differentiate high or low beam d cos its near distance so it won't be glaring to him.

But if u are driving past 12am when there are no cars, don do this la or else u gonna get noticed because its obvious he has seen your hid! but when there are so many cars queing, they will just focus on the car in front of them and alot of local and japanese cars high or low beam also use same light bulb, therefore bmw got an advantage here!

That is what i always do and which i always suceed :)

err.. BMW low beam is outer lamps and high beams is nearer to the grill.. JPJ people don't know meh???

they got so many hundred cars to check per operation, their eyes only on colour, yellow go; white stop, where got time to think of the location la, wait for them to think long jam and chao d.

Top Bottom