A review of my 2010 F02 730Li

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
My apologies again, to a section of the Official Members of BMWCM. I've overstayed my welcome, and I should take out the trash as I leave.

Hi bro, the mileage u mentioned seem too low. 550km did u add in the balance range? with 88 litre tank, that translate into 16l/100km which is relatively high FC. your previous E66 also the same? both should be N52 engines 3 litres right?

my E66 average 13l/100km. full tank travelled + range average around 700km.

Hi EL118,

Oh, 550km is without the balance range... usually there's about an additional 100 - 120km left on the meter, then I go top it up. So, that makes it an average of say 650km on 88L (when I do the driving - as I mentioned, wifey's fuel consumption is a LOT higher!) - which translates to about 13.5L/100km of all urban driving.

Yup, this is the same N52 3L in my old E65, but the old E65 did better (short wheel base) because it's lighter, I guess. Do you do any extra-urban driving though?

wobbles;686872 said:
Hi EL118,

Oh, 550km is without the balance range... usually there's about an additional 100 - 120km left on the meter, then I go top it up. So, that makes it an average of say 650km on 88L (when I do the driving - as I mentioned, wifey's fuel consumption is a LOT higher!) - which translates to about 13.5L/100km of all urban driving.

Yup, this is the same N52 3L in my old E65, but the old E65 did better (short wheel base) because it's lighter, I guess. Do you do any extra-urban driving though?

mainly short distance travel of 15 min. now i drive more smoothly.

I should stay and work in singapore back in year 2000....so I can pile up cash to buy brand new BMW ......this thread is ultra useful . Thanks for sharing.

EL118;686875 said:
mainly short distance travel of 15 min. now i drive more smoothly.

I try to keep the revs between 2000 - 2500 rpm at max, which usually lends to a consumption of 12 - 15km/l - at least that's what the trip computer says. But, in start-stop traffic, it's absolutely impossible to get decent fuel consumption.

I wonder if the 7.8L/100km claim of the new N55 twinpower turbo in my F13 will live up to its bold claim or not...

bazet;686876 said:
I should stay and work in singapore back in year 2000....so I can pile up cash to buy brand new BMW ......this thread is ultra useful . Thanks for sharing.

Bro bazet, you ride is not bad at all! I see the "before & after" pictures of your ride .... sweet!

wobbles;686883 said:
I try to keep the revs between 2000 - 2500 rpm at max, which usually lends to a consumption of 12 - 15km/l - at least that's what the trip computer says. But, in start-stop traffic, it's absolutely impossible to get decent fuel consumption.

I wonder if the 7.8L/100km claim of the new N55 twinpower turbo in my F13 will live up to its bold claim or not...

N55 is the one! powerful, efficient and same cc for low roadtax!

Bro Wobbles, thanks for sharing the pics. Your ride definitely has a very classy interior though. How I wish Saddle Brown would match my dashboard colour! Sigh..Its easier to match the black upholstery than beige colour, I guess..

hehe, u've made a good attempt with the pics u posted..It is a huge contribution and please keep us posted bro....

JFT63;686923 said:
Bro Wobbles, thanks for sharing the pics. Your ride definitely has a very classy interior though. How I wish Saddle Brown would match my dashboard colour! Sigh..Its easier to match the black upholstery than beige colour, I guess..

hehe, u've made a good attempt with the pics u posted..It is a huge contribution and please keep us posted bro....

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm really finding new ways to look at my car & enjoying the ride. That's what I was hoping for, when I joined this friendly forum :)

Great updates bro! Always a great thing to share your views with us. Nice to read up on your experiences with the F02. They're quite a looker and quite an imposing piece of metal in the flesh. :love:

Eggie86;686942 said:
Great updates bro! Always a great thing to share your views with us. Nice to read up on your experiences with the F02. They're quite a looker and quite an imposing piece of metal in the flesh. :love:

The 7 will be in my wishlist when I turn 40's...hehe,its great to read his write-ups too..Yazmeen and both of u will be my mentors for 7 leyy..

JFT63;686946 said:
The 7 will be in my wishlist when I turn 40's...hehe,its great to read his write-ups too..Yazmeen and both of u will be my mentors for 7 leyy..

Hehehe... Bro JFT63,

When you are about to turn 40 like me, you will think differently. You will want to recapture your youth, feel that you're not so old, think that maybe you are younger than what you really are... That's when you'll end up with a totally impractical car - like the F13... Hahaha. Like me.

Mid life crisis!

I reckon by the time I turn 50, I'll probably end up buying a BMW motorbike - just to reassure myself that wobbles BOLEH! And promptly fall off the bike trying to turn a corner.. Hahaha

Eggie86;686942 said:

Thank you, thank you, for the encouragement. Can't wait to see your end product bro...

wobbles;686952 said:
Hehehe... Bro JFT63,

When you are about to turn 40 like me, you will think differently. You will want to recapture your youth, feel that you're not so old, think that maybe you are younger than what you really are... That's when you'll end up with a totally impractical car - like the F13... Hahaha. Like me.

Mid life crisis!

I reckon by the time I turn 50, I'll probably end up buying a BMW motorbike - just to reassure myself that wobbles BOLEH! And promptly fall off the bike trying to turn a corner.. Hahaha

I must say that i totally agree with u..thats gonna be a midlife crisis where the 7 might not be considered at all. Its like a rejuvenation of some sort, I think..hehe, well, i'm 37 now and am quite tempted with 7 series..lets see how its gonna be...BTW, i love the look of the rear of yr car...hahaha

JFT63;687008 said:
I must say that i totally agree with u..thats gonna be a midlife crisis where the 7 might not be considered at all. Its like a rejuvenation of some sort, I think..hehe, well, i'm 37 now and am quite tempted with 7 series..lets see how its gonna be...BTW, i love the look of the rear of yr car...hahaha

I'll try to take some more pictures and share them with the brothers here - and, especially for JFT63, I'll make sure I get plenty of backside shots of the F02 hahaha

wobbles;687526 said:
I'll try to take some more pictures and share them with the brothers here - and, especially for JFT63, I'll make sure I get plenty of backside shots of the F02 hahaha

hehehe......

Aiyo, what backside, frontside. Hehe.

But I gotta agree with JFT, the rear looks more 'interesting' than the front of the car, to be honest. Maybe cos most of the time, F02s will be flying past me on the roads & all I see is their rear and those impressive rear lamps. Hahaha. :biggrin:

Eggie86;687564 said:
Aiyo, what backside, frontside. Hehe.

But I gotta agree with JFT, the rear looks more 'interesting' than the front of the car, to be honest. Maybe cos most of the time, F02s will be flying past me on the roads & all I see is their rear and those impressive rear lamps. Hahaha. :biggrin:

u will feel intimidated when F02 breathing down on u from the back with its massive grill and fierce eyes.

EL118;687654 said:
u will feel intimidated when F02 breathing down on u from the back with its massive grill and fierce eyes.

Hehe, true. That's why I always give way. :p

Top Bottom