A review of my 2010 F02 730Li

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
wobbles;683794 said:
Thanks JFT63! I'm still learning how to post pictures correctly, so appreciate the help. My rims are BMW 21" rim model 312. The specs are:

Front alloy wheels: 21x8.5" ET25
Wheel part number: BMW*36116787610

Rear alloy wheels: 21x10" ET41
Wheel part number: BMW*36116787611

No regrets till now, except for a minor kerb rash on the passenger front wheel, when I backed into a particularly sneaky hidden kerb one time, haizzzzz.

Sigh, some kerb rashes are sometimes inevitable bro..nevertheless, your 21' is a headturner and the driving feel does defeat the grudge of having the rashes..so, no worries mate as the car still looks handsomely gorgeous..

Hear, hear... It will take a LOT for me to switch allegiance, after having tasted the intoxicating experience of the drive that only the Blue & White of the Roundel can offer...

Don't tell my wife, but if I had my way, I'd keep the 7 for occasions where the family members come over & need to be ferried around in comfort & style; take the 6 on long cruises up the North South Highway to visit wife's relatives in KL & Ipoh/Penang (it is, after all, a car in the classic mould of a Grand Tourer); convince my wife to agree to letting me add the F80 coupe (? tentatively to be named the M4) for track-days at Pasir Gudang or Sepang and get a base model 320i F30 to putter about town & do the marketing with...

Obviously, that's just a big FAT DREAM... because (a) Wife would never agree and more importantly (b) Bank account will never support... sigh. But, I can dream, can't I, haha!

Ck318ci,

What's so great about growing old bro? Every morning, my joints remind me that I'm a day older than the day before... Win some, lose some lah... Hehehe.

wobbles;684040 said:
Ck318ci,

What's so great about growing old bro? Every morning, my joints remind me that I'm a day older than the day before... Win some, lose some lah... Hehehe.

I think he is refering to owning F30, F80 etc BMW collection, and turn them into reality!

EL118;684165 said:
I think he is refering to owning F30, F80 etc BMW collection, and turn them into reality!

Hahaha ... F30, F80 etc is also my dream leh...

It's the "turning into reality" part that is the difficult bit.

wobbles;684207 said:
Hahaha ... F30, F80 etc is also my dream leh...

It's the "turning into reality" part that is the difficult bit.

with F02 in your hand, F30 should be easy.... F80, umm, we ll see what it turn out to be...

EL118;684229 said:
with F02 in your hand, F30 should be easy.... F80, umm, we ll see what it turn out to be...

In an ideal world, where I'm the boss of my house and the wife only nods her head in agreement at my commands, sure :). In my world, however, she is the one in charge - a happy wife is more important than another new car haha. Besides, you wouldn't believe what I had to buy her before she finally agreed to let me order the F13. She was a bit upset that I decided to buy a second car less than a year after I'd bought the F02...

So, my friends, the F30 and the F80 will have to remain as dreams for now... I can't afford to keep buying her a new house everytime I want to buy a new car! Pokkai man!

umm, have to buy wife a new house in order to get permission to buy another new car, that is a real taxing pre-requisite. if i were a bachelor i would gain phobia to marriage...

EL118;684292 said:
umm, have to buy wife a new house in order to get permission to buy another new car, that is a real taxing pre-requisite. if i were a bachelor i would gain phobia to marriage...

Bro EL118, it sounds unbelievable, but it's true. You see, over here, most of us live in HDB public housing, with public carparks which never have enough spaces. And many of the newer Condominiums have more apartment units than they have carpark spaces as well.

Her exact words, not mine, when I first floated the idea of picking up the new F13 sometime last year: "we don't have space to park 2 cars! You find a porch to park your cars, then you come talk to me!"

Actually what she said made a lot of sense. Where I was living, there simply wasn't enough space to park 2 cars, and it would be painful should the cars be scratched or dinged whilst parked at a public carpark. So, with that in mind, I bought a cluster house with 2 carpark spaces in the basement - so my baby F13 now has an empty space to come home to.

When the car comes in next year, I'll take photos of both my F02 and F13 parked side by side and share it with the bros here. In all humility, it's a dream come true for me - worked really hard for so many years to realize it. But, as I said, the cluster house only has 2 parking spaces - and that's why the F30 and F80 will have to remain as dreams for now...

Buy another detached house over in JB, then plenty of parking space.

Pengzzz... Bro herbert, don't give my wife this kind of dangerous idea leh.... My heart and wallet cannot take it!

wobbles;684332 said:
Pengzzz... Bro herbert, don't give my wife this kind of dangerous idea leh.... My heart and wallet cannot take it!

Hehe, I hope your wife is not sitting beside u now....

wobbles;684330 said:
Bro EL118, it sounds unbelievable, but it's true. You see, over here, most of us live in HDB public housing, with public carparks which never have enough spaces. And many of the newer Condominiums have more apartment units than they have carpark spaces as well.

Her exact words, not mine, when I first floated the idea of picking up the new F13 sometime last year: "we don't have space to park 2 cars! You find a porch to park your cars, then you come talk to me!"

Actually what she said made a lot of sense. Where I was living, there simply wasn't enough space to park 2 cars, and it would be painful should the cars be scratched or dinged whilst parked at a public carpark. So, with that in mind, I bought a cluster house with 2 carpark spaces in the basement - so my baby F13 now has an empty space to come home to.

When the car comes in next year, I'll take photos of both my F02 and F13 parked side by side and share it with the bros here. In all humility, it's a dream come true for me - worked really hard for so many years to realize it. But, as I said, the cluster house only has 2 parking spaces - and that's why the F30 and F80 will have to remain as dreams for now...

Respect. Buying a cluster to accomodate your babies...

I did had a thought of buying a cluster house myself. At this stage, cant get anything near town and only looking at outskirt places like Yiu Chu Kang and Upp Thomson. Wifey wasnt too keen and said is not practical for just the two of us and she likes our condo here in Novena more. next to work place...
She even thought of selling this place and move to HDB!!!

Bro ck318ci,

One of these days, perhaps after my F13 is safely delivered, we should get together and admire each other's ride :). I reckon there are enough Singaporean-based forum members here in BMWCM.

You must convince your wife NOT to downgrade to HDB bro - imagine all the scratches your sapphire black F10 will kenna. Imagine the heart pain... Is your wife a doctor too? (I just finished reading about your F10 journey thread - AWESOME ride, WICKED wheels man!) Does she drive as well? Maybe you can poison her with the same love of cars - but, I reckon it'll be hard. Been trying to poison my 皇太后 (Empress Dowager) for the past decade, but all she still sees in cars is "Four Wheels, Four Doors, Point A to Point B. Buy so expensive waste money for what? Depreciate like crazy you know!" What to do, my fate to fall for a Malaysian girl hahah.

My wife aint a doc, staff nurse infact....

She doesnt drive and has no clues or any sort of admiration for cars. When I changed the Passat for an E60. She couldnt recognise and said Passat was better. I had an Olivine green E60. Like your wife, to her, a car is just few pieces of metal on 4 wheels. why have to drive a BMW, a toyota vios is good enough for running errants.

Yeah man, maybe we should get together to have a look at each others car. lemme know when is best for you.

My apologies again, to a section of the Official Members of BMWCM. I've overstayed my welcome, and I should take out the trash as I leave.

My apologies again, to a section of the Official Members of BMWCM. I've overstayed my welcome, and I should take out the trash as I leave.

Top Bottom