My E66 730Li

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
jarence;735089 said:
I haven't seen your car in a while. Have you change your car or you found a better place for Bentong chicken rice? :driver:

My parents said recently not as tasty,so less patronise loh!

WPC;738568 said:
Hello all, a very good morning to you. Been exploring the 7 series section for sometime reading and finally kena racunned. Was eyeing the 730LI E66 2006 facelifted model for a while and a month ago decided to check out a few units seen on mudah.my. Those were all below 200K range and turns out really not what I expected. And there are not many around. So forget it la. Then 3 weeks ago, just passing by AB on the way home around almost 8pm, slowed down, took a quick glance over my shoulder at the premium selection section and braked.....Eh...thot I saw one staring at me in the showroom. Reversed, went in, ngam ngam got one there and shiomemore someone working late. After that dunno what happened la..things happened fast...Just got it last week. I think same color as EL118's, kinda of very dark blue/black. It's manufactured late 2006, previous owner bought it June 2007. 83K mileage on the clock, everything stock original and still looks acceptably new. So far very happy with it except the CD changer cannot eject, so they are ordering a new unit to be replaced since got 1 year warranty. Tires Bridgestone still got at least 80% I think. Really smooth feel and good sound proofing compared to my previous ride. Anything that I need to look out for, please sifus, share with me. Right now, getting used to the size while parking...not easy..

Hi wpc, congrats to ur new purchase n welcome to the e66 camp. Lets share our joy n experience!

I almost bought an excellent cond blue 730i (2005) but ambank said all large beemers will dive in resale when 8 years old and above so not keen for norm terms!!

v_ice;743050 said:
I almost bought an excellent cond blue 730i (2005) but ambank said all large beemers will dive in resale when 8 years old and above so not keen for norm terms!!

Not so true. actually all 7 series value fall like no tomorrow right from year 1, not after 8 years:wink:.

My first full year of ownership and my maintenance cost for sharing

Total mileage when acquired 16,500, now 42,500 total travelled 26,000 km

Changed front + back brakes total RM1,200
Change 4 Pirelli tyres 245/50 R18 4 x RM1,180 = RM4,720 ( the original set last for full 42,500 kms)
service 4 times with Shell Helix Ultra 5w40 + micro filter + air filter total RM2,462. average every 6k km

Total full year maintenance cost RM8,382. Car still tip top!

Hi EL118, if minus out cost of tires, your one year maintenance is very reasonable la. Btw got a question for you regarding the key remote. Apart from being able to lock/unlock doors, open windows, on parking lights and open/close the trunk, does it do anything else? Thanks.

WPC;746447 said:
Hi EL118, if minus out cost of tires, your one year maintenance is very reasonable la. Btw got a question for you regarding the key remote. Apart from being able to lock/unlock doors, open windows, on parking lights and open/close the trunk, does it do anything else? Thanks.

No. mine not equipped with "auto parking" he he .

Dear All,

I have been searching the E66 and went to autobavaria premium selection yesterday to see the only unit there. Its a E66 730Li withe 77000km mileage and year of made is 2008 (according to the salesman its the last batch of E66 high spec and previously owned by their director). I have test drove it and doesn't seem to have much problem. But i am not those guy with very much experience in BMW. The exterior of the car need minor touch up and others part seem to be ok and it is sold as it basis, which means no 1 year warranty provided by the BMW Malaysia. Paid the booking fees on the spot and wanted to seek advice from all the sifus here before i commit more. Since it does not come with warranty and i am a bit worried with the car although the salesman assure that is has full service record. What are the diagnosis that i can carry out at BMW before i pay the balance of the downpayment? (to ensure no major problem such as engine, gearbox and etc). If it really results that it have major problem, i might change my mind over other models. I appreciate all feedback and may request the salesguy to send the car for diagnosis in the meanwhile of loan processing.

Really appreciate all feedback and advices and hope to join the 7 series gang real soon if nothing goes wrong with car. *finger-crossed*

Tiger;753424 said:
Dear All,

I have been searching the E66 and went to autobavaria premium selection yesterday to see the only unit there. Its a E66 730Li withe 77000km mileage and year of made is 2008 (according to the salesman its the last batch of E66 high spec and previously owned by their director). I have test drove it and doesn't seem to have much problem. But i am not those guy with very much experience in BMW. The exterior of the car need minor touch up and others part seem to be ok and it is sold as it basis, which means no 1 year warranty provided by the BMW Malaysia. Paid the booking fees on the spot and wanted to seek advice from all the sifus here before i commit more. Since it does not come with warranty and i am a bit worried with the car although the salesman assure that is has full service record. What are the diagnosis that i can carry out at BMW before i pay the balance of the downpayment? (to ensure no major problem such as engine, gearbox and etc). If it really results that it have major problem, i might change my mind over other models. I appreciate all feedback and may request the salesguy to send the car for diagnosis in the meanwhile of loan processing.

Really appreciate all feedback and advices and hope to join the 7 series gang real soon if nothing goes wrong with car. *finger-crossed*

Hi Tiger,

You may perform the followings
1) ask for all previous service records in black and white to examine.
2) ask them to perform diagnosis in front of you to cross check for any error.( they should have the device)
3) ask a foreman to check for any exterior sign of accident touch up.
4) view the car registration card to confirm previous ownership.
5) ask for at least 1 month warranty

It is true that 2008 is the last batch for E66. which to certain extent is good as previous defects would normally been rectified.

Just wondering how much they are asking for ?

Hi Tiger,
I bought mine recently from AB premium selection also but they have 1 year warranty worr. What's the reason that they don't have warranty for yours? What was their asking price if u dun mind?

WPC;746447 said:

maintenance is low because car still new. but my capital depreciation over past 12 mths easily top RM70k. (recently i saw an ad in Mudah for a 2006 facelift model at RM159k!!!:eek: dont know whether is spam.

EL118;754189 said:
maintenance is low because car still new. but my capital depreciation over past 12 mths easily top RM70k. (recently i saw an ad in Mudah for a 2006 facelift model at RM159k!!!:eek: dont know whether is spam.

Well, I looked at quite a few within the Rm160-200k range from mudah before going for premium selection. Unfortunately all those were not in as good condition as advertised. There was even one that had a wierd clacking sound from the engine and the dealer said it's no big deal, easy to fix. Some advertised as pristine were just the opposite. Some advertised as 730Li but when I got there it's either the pre facelift 735 or the 730i. Frustrating la..

WPC;754270 said:
Well, I looked at quite a few within the Rm160-200k range from mudah before going for premium selection. Unfortunately all those were not in as good condition as advertised. There was even one that had a wierd clacking sound from the engine and the dealer said it's no big deal, easy to fix. Some advertised as pristine were just the opposite. Some advertised as 730Li but when I got there it's either the pre facelift 735 or the 730i. Frustrating la..

So bro how much u paid for your avatar?

EL118, the car could be a "facelifted" prefacelift model.

Had an experience where I saw one advertised for RM145k facelifted model. Went to see it since it was on the way home. Car looked good until I realised that something not that "correct" with the hood... turns out it was a prefacelift model that has been facelifted by the previous owner. He change the hood, but not the headlights, thus it somehow doesn't match. The boot also doesn't flow well... same thing.. didn't change bumper. Very slight difference, but if you look carefully, can spot.... but at a glance, you'll think its a facelift model.

Later after some web research, there are further differences in the CD slot for pre and post facelift.... ircc, the the cd slot and some button position... can't remember liao...

Year of make also can be misleading. Some will advertise it as a particular year of made, but actually turns out to be year of registration...

A lot of clones out there.....have to beware...I heard sometimes dealer bring in preface lift...then they do their own facelift

andrewk;756350 said:
EL118, the car could be a "facelifted" prefacelift model.

Had an experience where I saw one advertised for RM145k facelifted model. Went to see it since it was on the way home. Car looked good until I realised that something not that "correct" with the hood... turns out it was a prefacelift model that has been facelifted by the previous owner. He change the hood, but not the headlights, thus it somehow doesn't match. The boot also doesn't flow well... same thing.. didn't change bumper. Very slight difference, but if you look carefully, can spot.... but at a glance, you'll think its a facelift model.

Later after some web research, there are further differences in the CD slot for pre and post facelift.... ircc, the the cd slot and some button position... can't remember liao...

Year of make also can be misleading. Some will advertise it as a particular year of made, but actually turns out to be year of registration...

That made me feel better, he he.

Hi all. New to BCM. Interesting read from all. Many thanks for sharing. I own a 9 year old E66, currently 150k on it. Good ride. Makes me wish my next car is still an E66. Few problems:

1. Alternator overcharging - replaced.
2. AC compressor - replaced.
3. RL absorber fail to rise - replaced (this was due to excess speed over bumpy stretch at Taiping Plus Highway. There is so much the pneumatic damper can take. Costly lesson)
4. FR Xenon Level Sensor broken - ordered, waiting delivery.
5. Valve body - waiting for its end of life before replacement.
6. Xenon bulbs - replaced cheap China bulbs. Still working.
7. Wishbone & Tension Strut - replaced.
8. Logic 7 Amp busted - replaced. Suggest to leave the RL panel open for better heat dissipation.

I run my own diagnostics. Updated the car program. Much smoother and dynamic. Adjusted the car key management to suit my needs.

Overall, I have no regrets. E66 is enjoyable for driving above 200km/h or 80km/h on the same highway.

Intend to keep this car until diminishes in value or kaput, whichever comes first.

A car I can trust my wife drive safely on long trip.

Safe driving everyone. Keep posting.

I have the E65 and less than one year had to replace the radiator 2 times and waiting for the 3rd replacement tomorrow...and seems to be the original part from BMW ... anyone has this same problem ?

Top Bottom