325i jerky gearbox 2nd to 1st

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mazranz

Club Guest
Hi guysMy E90 is havi this issue, jerking from 2nd to first gear, both in auto or manual mode. So when braking to stop, the car will jerk just before stopping. If stationary and then use manual to shift from 1st to 2nd no problem. But back to 1st will jerk. Even when not moving.Any ideas from you sifus?Thanks!

Try re-programme transmission. My E90 320 facing the same problem but the jerking gone after re-programming. Hope this helps....

Mine have the same issues even after reprogramming at M scope. But finally solved it by updating to the latest firmware. When diagnosed, the indicator stated that the EGS - need to reprograme and latest update part no available.

FIRZ67;740872 said:
Mine have the same issues even after reprogramming at M scope. But finally solved it by updating to the latest firmware. When diagnosed, the indicator stated that the EGS - need to reprograme and latest update part no available.

Bro, actually what are the differences between reprogramming and firmware updates?

skysyntax;740879 said:
Bro, actually what are the differences between reprogramming and firmware updates?

EGS can be reprogammed to resolve software bug issues but normally need to be reprogammed with the latest firmware update. Check with service center by VIN code what version of update available for your car. SC with Progman/ auto logic diagnostic tools should be able to check the version.

I have this almost same problem too,

But it's like this, whenever I'm accelerating after stopping at say traffic light or something, when gear changes from 1 to 2, I feel like this jerky feeling. But it only happens in auto,manual mode feels smooth.

Its an E90n 320i btw.

I did reprogamming twice. First when rebuild the mechatronic , done at M scope Batu Caves. Recently did reprogammring and firmware update at K&S auto, USJ 1. Now everything works fine.

Care to share the damage to reprogramme or update the transmission?

Thanks

2 to 1? I thought our trans is programmed to take off at 2nd speed unless we use "M" to down shift into "M1".

AB, what I understood is, the car is set to launch on 2nd gear which is called 'launch control' ,but when stopping it will shift down to 1st gear.

FIRZ67;742098 said:
AB, what I understood is, the car is set to launch on 2nd gear which is called 'launch control' ,but when stopping it will shift down to 1st gear.

Cool.. I only know when I shift to "M" mode, when slowing down.. without driver input, the transmission will downshift itself down to M2 even though we come to a complete stop.

My old E46 325 in normal D mode would just stop at 2nd gear. However, this E90 320 drops to 1st gear when coming to full stop, hence causing the jerk. But it must be noted that I still get this jerk when I manual drop gear from 2 to 1. Whereas for E36 425, even when I do that, no jerk.

It is so annoying that when I am in bad traffic jams, I switch to M mode just so I can keep it in 2nd gear in start-stop traffic.

Will see if I can get it reprogrammed next service. I tried the "press start w/o foot on accelerator, then press accelerator to floor for 30 sec" as suggested by some forums that claims this reset the tranny. But didn't work for me. Or am I doing it wrong?

astroboy;742101 said:
Cool.. I only know when I shift to "M" mode, when slowing down.. without out driver input, the transmission will downshift itself down to M2 even though we come to a complete stop.

True AB, in M mode it will not go to 1st gear. It also will start off with M2.

I have same jerking problem but gear shifting from 2nd to 3rd. Heeded an advise from another forumer to use ron 97 and the jerking is reduced. Still under observation and Im happy man again...

Darren Chew;742241 said:
I have same jerking problem but gear shifting from 2nd to 3rd. Heeded an advise from another forumer to use ron 97 and the jerking is reduced. Still under observation and Im happy man again...

Just curious, what has the quality of fuel got to do with the gearbox? Fuel would affect engine, but gearbox? Should be independent no? Any sifus can clarify this?

Top Bottom