BMW E60 520i Transmission Jerk

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Desbimmer,

Thanks for the share, i don't much agree on the petrol mixture issue. Actually last week i had done something crazy, all the while i am a petronas 95 user, i got half tank of 95 and i input with Octane for 70 liters (1 + 1/2 Bottle) and i pump in Ron 97. Guess what ? the engine sound diffrent. However, everything is fine after i pump in the Ron 95 Caltex after 1/ tank.

I wonder if your mech able to explain the mixture issue i am having last week.

As i remember, on the fuel cover got a label indicate Ron 91~98 and why only caltex can ?? did he explain to you ??

hehehe...my mech is speaking from his experience collated from various customers and his own gut feeling on several Shell stations we frequent in PJ and their 'quality' of petrol supplied. :) I guess in the other thread on petrol and such there is also a wide variety of opinions there. I have never been particular on any brand of petrol but in this case, I will try to steer towards Caltex if given a choice. I too mix here and there with different petrol grades and even petrol brands as well but I am going to monitor a little for now to ensure that my EML light does not turn on again...

Good! Have you try full tank V power? I plan to try but tooth ache thinking on the cost...are you planning on any modification?

Yes, of late I have been pumping 97 all the way and I guess that's why my car suddenly got a 'system shiok' I suppose...ekeke. I don't plan to mod anything as once we start, we never stop...ekekek.

System shiok??!! I can't imagine, good you are not doing anything. I had done quite something, coming soon I am going to play with the Ecu...you going for the termeloh drive??

Anthony5785;702528 said:
Desbimmer,
Thanks for the share, i don't much agree on the petrol mixture issue. Actually last week i had done something crazy, all the while i am a petronas 95 user, i got half tank of 95 and i input with Octane for 70 liters (1 + 1/2 Bottle) and i pump in Ron 97. Guess what ? the engine sound diffrent. However, everything is fine after i pump in the Ron 95 Caltex after 1/ tank.
I wonder if your mech able to explain the mixture issue i am having last week.
As i remember, on the fuel cover got a label indicate Ron 91~98 and why only caltex can ?? did he explain to you ??
desbimmer;702535 said:
hehehe...my mech is speaking from his experience collated from various customers and his own gut feeling on several Shell stations we frequent in PJ and their 'quality' of petrol supplied. :) I guess in the other thread on petrol and such there is also a wide variety of opinions there. I have never been particular on any brand of petrol but in this case, I will try to steer towards Caltex if given a choice. I too mix here and there with different petrol grades and even petrol brands as well but I am going to monitor a little for now to ensure that my EML light does not turn on again...

:listen: thumb rule :top:: dont mixed different ron too often. Stick to one and your will save plenty of headache and give longer life to your engine and its electronic gadgets that comes with it ... :top:

ekekeke....yes sir! Only gonna stick with Caltex when I can for now :)

Anthony, no drives for me yet. Gotta sort out some work 1st then can lepak for the year later.... ;p

desbimmer;702505 said:
great write up there Anthony! I felt that problems started to rise even more after i changed my ATF fluid. And yes, I think most mech will change the gasket as well as my mech said it was a must. I took the problems that arose with my changing of the ATF fluid as a good one actually as i believe that proper maintenance is key as well. i noticed the uneven gear shift even more prominently as well especially going downhill and I did the first few steps of resetting, changing the negative cable as well keeping my fingers crossed the whole time. But alas....

I got fed up and changed the valve body a few days back and am really happy I did so. i don't recommend anyone changing their valve body unless your mech has determined it to be the most likely culprit ya. As for me, I felt noticeable power gain and my wife also said it was much smoother (especially when I drive like a nut on the road). Guess what happened next?! The Engine Light came on the next day and refused to leave when I started the car. I came back and read up on possible scenarios on the forum and I was waiting for the mech to tell me something within the lines of ingnition coil, spark plug... BUT he plugged it in and it said something in the lines of 'Mixture issue'.

The boss (my mech) was damn spot on when he took it for a drive last weekend before i changed my valve body and he said my petrol smelled funny. Don't ask me how or why he was smelling it but he drove my car hard to test it out to find the problem prior to the recommendation to change the valve body. He asked me to use Caltex when I said I used Shell. So today he cleared the fault code for me and after I changed to Caltex, the light came on and off as it should when I start the car.... So today onwards...I am a Caltex user....ekekeke.
Where did you change your valve body? Would you recommend the place to me?

Top Bottom