Car Jerking At Low Speed/Gearbox Problem?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Last week 5/12/13 my e90 07 jerk when 2000 rpm to 3000rpm.. first i send to local foreman... they cant detect the problem.. then i send my baby to BMW authorised service centre at seremban, milinium wart.. they suspect my gearbox faulty.. and quote me 34k to replace! :motz: same price with complete myvi! on the road price!... kepala sudah pecah.. then balik rumah open this forum.. searchin for best woksyop.. i choose ameng.. mspeed usj.. send my baby yesterday 12/12/13 after one hour got call from ameng said "bos! kereta sudah siap.. mari angkat" i was shock! haiya verry fast wats the prob? ameng said just change coil ignition... thx god... its cost me 500 only... now when i on the road i saw myvi.. i saw bmw gearbox...:rock:

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, I forgot how much but it should be less than 200 bucks.

wingzee;854860 said:
Care to share how much it costs?

I have INPA with me and is able to do a gearbox adaptations reset. Done & driven for 500km no more jerks (mine jerks usually first gear upshift when drive slow). Those who would like to have theirs reset for free just drop me a PM.

Hi Jwah,

In fact, I did GB service on my last service like what you mentioned but it did not solve the jerking issue.
Hope this firmware update on my ride can last longer before the jerk strikes back.

jwah;855309 said:
Gearbox reset doesn't help. It will be back pretty soon.
gearbox firmware update also doesn't help but it is smarter jerk less

You may also try to service the gearbox and flush the oil.
Buy original bmw gearbox oil rm121 / litter and a new oilpan rm256.
My car jerk a year found that gb oil leaking about few hundred cc.
So far few thousand km after gb service. Very smooth

Make sure the mechanic know the sequence to replace the Gearbox oil. Many just by guessing.
1. Fills till it leaking out
2. Start the engine and gear placed in N mode, fill again.
3. Plays the gear from P to N to P..., fill again.
4. Measure the gearbox/engine temperature at 80 degree C..fill again.
5. Stop filling when it reaches 80C and the oil still leaking out.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the common problem with ZF 6HP19 auto transmission for e60 and e90 series. Just make a goggle search "ZF6HP19 jerk problem" and you would be amazed the number of similar problem worldwide. If replacing the auto transmission oil doesn't resolved the jerking problem (like what I have experienced on my e60), then the next course of action would be to replace the 7 pieces solenoid at the mechactronics assembly.

hi all, i thing my problem same with yoko. BMW 320i, 2006 e90. send it to workshop, the mechanic said that the valve gearbox was broken and need to change. And make a high cost. last year i already serviced the gearbox. fyi, i'm stay in kota kinabalu.

Herbert said:
This is the common problem with ZF 6HP19 auto transmission for e60 and e90 series. Just make a goggle search "ZF6HP19 jerk problem" and you would be amazed the number of similar problem worldwide. If replacing the auto transmission oil doesn't resolved the jerking problem (like what I have experienced on my e60), then the next course of action would be to replace the 7 pieces solenoid at the mechactronics assembly.
how much would these cost?

I had a similar problem with the rest of you guys.. ongoing problem for 2 years.. changed this and that.. reset this and that.. finally problem solved at Big Boys Toys Auto in senawang N9, the Tech name is Suresh, he changed the ATF oil and he serviced the gearbox sensor and it doesn't cost me a bomb.. only rm519 inclusive GST.
for those in N9.. if you have a similar problem.. better go and see him..

This is a common problem for e90 and e60, I have already 2 orders for the solenoids set for my friends (both e60 owners) and a mechatronics (e90 owner), problem solved.

Herbert, since the costs for new mechatronics is relatively high,
is the costs of converting to manual gearbox cheaper? consists of gear lever, pedal, clutch, flywheel, cable etc.....

Are you sure your mechactronics is defective and warrant a replacement? Seek a 2nd opinion from experienced auto gear workshops. Some workshops will simply find an easy solution by telling the customer to replace a used and/or new mechactronics unit. I won't suggest you go for manual conversion.

DanzE90 said:
Herbert, since the costs for new mechatronics is relatively high,
is the costs of converting to manual gearbox cheaper? consists of gear lever, pedal, clutch, flywheel, cable etc.....

I sometimes experience jerking its like the autobox confused whether to upshift or downshift, in the end will jerk.
but as for now its not so serious. what other symptoms possible without changing the mechatronics? any other cheaper solution?

I suspect the 7 pcs solenoids at the mechactronics is the culprit. Most members here facing similar problems have changed it and thereafter gearbox is smooth.

FYI, E60 & E90 share the same ZF 6HP auto gearbox. Do check out here similar gearbox problems by e60 members and replacement of the solenoids. http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/newforums/index.php?/topic/38884-transmission-knock-when-slow-down/

DanzE90 said:
I sometimes experience jerking its like the autobox confused whether to upshift or downshift, in the end will jerk.
but as for now its not so serious. what other symptoms possible without changing the mechatronics? any other cheaper solution?

thanks Herbert.
im relieved now as no need to fork out rm11k for a new mechatronic, just replaced the 7pcs solenoid.

Top Bottom