320D Engine upgrade

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
More info

BMW Performance Power Kit available 320d diesel engine.

The kit contains the following:
New motor control software
Larger intercooler.
More powerful 600W cooling fan with new fan frame.
Air guide made of plastic including small parts.
BMW Performance Power Kit aluminum plaque
Stronger torque converter (For automatic transmission)

The increase in performance:
Acceleration: 0 - 100 km / h (-0.5 seconds faster).
Elasticity: 80 - 120 km / h, 4th gear(-0.8 sec) 80 - 120 km / h, 5th gear (-1.0 sec).
Top speed: Vmax + 5 km / h
Higher torque curve: Maximum 390nm at 2000 1/min (up 40 Nm).
Higher power output: Maximum 145 kW at 4000 1/min (plus 15 kW)
Installation time is 2 hours for manual and 5.5 hours for automatic gearbox (change torque converter).

wow, torque converter upgrade, that's pretty serious stuff.

Good news if you want to chip it further I guess.

DKNY;567816 said:
More info

Larger intercooler.

Elasticity: 80 - 120 km / h, 4th gear(-0.8 sec) 80 - 120 km / h, 5th gear (-1.0 sec).
Installation time is 2 hours for manual and 5.5 hours for automatic gearbox (change torque converter).

I WANT IT SO BAD!!!

[video=youtube;1me5p-Bd6Rk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1me5p-Bd6Rk&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1me5p-Bd6Rk&feature=related[/video]

DKNY;567816 said:
More info

Larger intercooler.

I wonder what Paul Tan ( paultantk ) thinks about it?

Wow it's not a simple remap then. Sounds much better. I would be more confident of this.

paultantk;567857 said:
Wow it's not a simple remap then. Sounds much better. I would be more confident of this.

Glad to hear that he has given his two thumb of approval!! :top::top:

Thx for the update DKNY!

DKNY;567816 said:
More info

Not really sure what this means - can anyone help explain in practical terms?

Maniac;567889 said:
Thx for the update DKNY!

Not really sure what this means - can anyone help explain in practical terms?

That's the typical overtaking speed....80-120km/hr, when you are slamming down on the throttle and clenching your steering wheel with barewhite knuckles because a 24 wheeler truck is coming at you in the opposite lane....it helps to have that upgrade then...could save your life!!! Go for it...explain it in these terms to the wifey..she will understand!-(not for you but the upgrade is for the sake of your 2 oh-so-cute-cute toddlers!)

DKNY;567816 said:
More info

the numbers are very tempting to do the upgrade. will bmw malaysia do the upgrade? if so it must cost a bomb! if 3rd party; the warranty void?

mikeyC;567919 said:
the numbers are very tempting to do the upgrade. will bmw malaysia do the upgrade? if so it must cost a bomb! if 3rd party; the warranty void?

My take it should cost approximately RM 10k due to duties and so forth. I am actually itching to get it done in Singapore as there is no duty there and as it is done by BMW Singapore, logically the warranty should be international.; Just make a story that family is Singapore PR but we are not!!

In Europe it cost approx Euro 2500 but that is with the factor of the VAT and high labour charges. That's how I approximate the cost.

When you drive a BMW don;t expect to pay peanuts. We are lucky the Euro is much lower than it was 12 months ago

You can count on the "labour" at official BMW workshops here being high as well heh!

paultantk;568150 said:
You can count on the "labour" at official BMW workshops here being high as well heh!

True but at least they arent Caucasian monkeys with wrenches. The local monkey with wrenches are cheaper than their European cousins.

Wouldn;t you agree if it was still under AB as the sole distributor it would have been even more expensive. Then its not only monkey with wrenches but monkey with wrenches and bling bling!! ha ha !!

Just received an official reply. The performance kit is slated to be release in March 2011 but they will check if they are able to indent the kit for me or us. Will keep you posted.

I'm still highly interested in the upgrade. Keep em 6 cylinders on their toes and let them breath in a little diesel fumes. ha ha !!

We won;t beat them flat that;s for sure but if do inch infront of them in a drag race, they'll probably send in their ride to the garage immediately for a diagnosis just to double check.

DKNY;570862 said:
Just received an official reply. The performance kit is slated to be release in March 2011 but they will check if they are able to indent the kit for me or us. Will keep you posted.

I'm still highly interested in the upgrade. Keep em 6 cylinders on their toes and let them breath in a little diesel fumes. ha ha !!

We won;t beat them flat that;s for sure but if do inch infront of them in a drag race, they'll probably send in their ride to the garage immediately for a diagnosis just to double check.

March 2011 has arrived..any news on performance kit?

Quote from BMW "Power Kit is already available but not for Malaysia simply because the fuel quality in our country doesn’t comply with the kit.

Therefore, when the government starts selling EU4 diesel fuel, then you should be able to install the Power Kit into your car."

Top Bottom