Will RM10k A Month Salary Enough To Own A F30 328

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
anaksarawak;771830 said:
Yes bro, many of my friend whom suffer from "vertigo" cant drive aggressively or worse cant read newspaper when the car is moving.
Oh no got both symptom... own a UDM but have to drive slowly ...aisehman....maybe drive aggressively only on staight road ...

Buying a new car is a lot like marriage. The dating and scouting phase is great, lots of promises and commitments and plans for the future, and the window shopping and teat driving. But ask yourself, those maggi kosong will be hard to keep up two years into the marriage, no? A car's great to hanker after for a while, but there's more to life. Rm10k tese days barely cuts it.

Dipak7;772049 said:
Buying a new car is a lot like marriage. The dating and scouting phase is great, lots of promises and commitments and plans for the future, and the window shopping and teat driving. But ask yourself, those maggi kosong will be hard to keep up two years into the marriage, no? A car's great to hanker after for a while, but there's more to life. Rm10k tese days barely cuts it.
You got a good point there ... the different in marriage and buying car is that in buying a car divorce come much more easily ... I think maybe after using the car for 5 years ... I might sell it off .. it is a BMW right ... the resale value should be good and easy to sell ... at least can cover the loan ... and because it is the same CC means roadtax will be the same ... selling the 328 should be much easier than the 320i ... I hope ...

still... it make me think ...

black_knight;772024 said:
for me i will buy more house buy more land 1st,hehe
want buy land also problem la ... a close friend bought a land few years ago ... everything is done by the book ... early this year when he wants to build a house he check with the land authority office .. his land nows belong to another person ... after 7 months of fighting his lawyer told him to be prepare that he might lose the land ... now my friend is very depress ... that is why I am more incline to buy the car ...

If you are looking for a better re-sale value car, then better go for Merc. Just my 0.2 cents. Be prepare to loose at least +/-30k/year if you are buying BMW. Friend of mine just bought a X5 2007 for 200k, the new car cost 540k.

ahloong2;772188 said:
If you are looking for a better re-sale value car, then better go for Merc. Just my 0.2 cents. Be prepare to loose at least +/-30k/year if you are buying BMW. Friend of mine just bought a X5 2007 for 200k, the new car cost 540k.
Normal lah. MB W140 S320 brand new also more than RM500k. Today @ RM20k also not many people wants to buy.

Vincent Hor;772191 said:
Normal lah. MB W140 S320 brand new also more than RM500k. Today @ RM20k also not many people wants to buy.
could be because of the road tax which is near to RM4k a year ...

madrazcbr;772139 said:
... and because it is the same CC means roadtax will be the same ... selling the 328 should be much easier than the 320i ... I hope ...

still... it make me think ...

of course much easier to sell than the 320i provided u r selling at the same price or slighly higher price than the 320i ....haha

u pay 51k extra now for 328i, but dun expect u can get back more or less extra 51k when u r selling it even the road tax is same !

A luxury car is a depreciating liability. Losing 30% value at 1st 3 years of ownership is not uncommon..
Not discouraging you but just to be prepared.

fabianyee;772835 said:
A luxury car is a depreciating liability. Losing 30% value at 1st 3 years of ownership is not uncommon..

100% agree with you.

No offense to those who have the dough but I suppose 80% of us are not that lucky. So some guys will always buy used.

fabianyee;772835 said:

A luxury car is a depreciating asset. After the warranty period, the liability grows..

zib;772844 said:
100% agree with you.

No offense to those who have the dough but I suppose 80% of us are not that lucky. So smart guys will always buy used.

Hmm.. if thats the case, lets hope the not so smart guys remain so and continue buying & enjoying the latest rides to feed the secondary market for the smart guys.. :D

_M_;772858 said:
A luxury car is a depreciating asset. After the warranty period, the liability grows..

Hmm.. if thats the case, lets hope the not so smart guys remain so and continue buying & enjoying the latest rides to feed the secondary market for the smart guys.. :D

hehhe..thanks for buying new and helping those unlucky 80% to have a chance to own a UDM.

edited the word smart as I think it is too controversial. :)

zib ... Some like the new smell la. So got to pay more. Hehehe ... I prefer brand new cars now. Scared of second hand. Last time not enough money then buy new Alza also can la. :0)

Put your money on a reasonable nice house first. House in Klang Valley especially ain't going to be cheaper. It will keep appreciating. Cars price like 300k 328 will depreciate to around half in few years time. As someone said if you have a good disposable income, why not.

p/s Put deposit to buy a 300k house in a good location. In 2 years after the house ready, sell it at 500-600k after minus gain tax. Profit I can buy BMW, perhaps cash !

zidee;772883 said:
Put your money on a reasonable nice house first. House in Klang Valley especially ain't going to be cheaper. It will keep appreciating. Cars price like 300k 328 will depreciate to around half in few years time. As someone said if you have a good disposable income, why not.

p/s Put deposit to buy a 300k house in a good location. In 2 years after the house ready, sell it at 500-600k after minus gain tax. Profit I can buy BMW, perhaps cash !

This one is another topic altogether. For first time buyer, buy and stay - no issue... But more and more ppl are buying 2nd and 3rd house/condo for investment. Some are already feeling the heat when the units can't get tenants and can't get a good selling price. For example, a lot of condo units in Mt Kiara areas are empty. Supply > demand when the expats are slowly moving out.

zidee;772883 said:

Interesting suggestion bro.. can u share where can get 300k hse in a good location that can potentially yield that kind of appreciation? Thanks

_M_;772891 said:
Interesting suggestion bro.. can u share where can get 300k hse in a good location that can potentially yield that kind of appreciation? Thanks
Denai Alam used to be selling around 350k few years ago. Now has appreciated to about 600k to 700k. I just wonder how our next generation going to afford owning a house. Perhaps they have to stay in Bukit Beruntung or Tanjung Malim and commute to KL.

Mont Kiara area mostly control by speculators.

Top Bottom