Will RM10k A Month Salary Enough To Own A F30 328

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I went for a second test drive this afternoon ... still loving it ... it hugs the road like a leech... even in comfort mode ... the back road near Glenmarie ... quite a number of twisty ... wonderful ..superb ..wind noise a bit loud though ...

But my biggest problem is now is that ... both me and wife got headache after the test drive ... any idea why ...

You'l hav less headache if u can be content with 320i or 320d.. :wink:

_M_;770723 said:
You'l hav less headache if u can be content with 320i or 320d.. :wink:
no no no ... real bad headache ... each time after test drove the F30 ... even with the 320d .. I got a bad headache ... car sick ???

madrazcbr;770300 said:
Thanks all for the feedback ... am just asking in this forum cause most of the time I ask ... people will reply with Banyak Makan Wang ...
Wanted to hear from you guys that are driving BMWs ... is it that really expensive to own and maintain a BMW ...

For most of us alway login to bm forum to check around definitely our car's repair cost will be much lesser than those people own a BM without any knowledge, that's why people thought that 'bm tak boleh pakai, too expensive for repair works'.

anaksarawak;770751 said:
Is the seat position, it put stress on your shoulder and neck if not adjust properly
I dont think it is the seating position ... Adjusted as comfortable as I can be ...

Bro, with RM10K per month i think i can have one bmw HP4 bike, one ducati 1199, one udm (maybe E39) and still have a house, wife and children...

Don't think too much in life.

Wise men say, if we think too much we'll be afraid but if we remember too much we'll be in love!

Maintenance isnt really an issue for the first few years if you buy new. I bought a 323, 3 yrs ago and I have spent a negligible amount on maintenance. Its really about whether you can afford the monthly loan repayment and would you be comfortable spending that amount on a car loan. Of course everyone wants to own a great car, and the 328 is a great car, but you also have to have some financial planning. So if it fits your wallet, then go for it

madrazcbr;770174 said:
Sorry guys ... very new here ...

As the topic says ... or do you need to earn more to enjoy having a brand new 328 in your porch ...

Let say a normal person :
1) not smoking
2) does not believe on branded item
3) no kids
4) good budget planner
5) car installment around RM2700 a month ..

with RM10000 a month can he afford ...
falling in love with it but afraid cannot afford to maintain the car after free service finish ...
by the way how much is the cost to service F30 ... anybody can share the maintenance cost please ...

It all depends on your montly expenses and what keft over afterall . But with 10k income , definitely you can afford a udm .

Thanks guys on your support to this thread ... it is an eye opener to me and did give me some insight on how much you should earn to afford a UDM ... love the E39 from long time ago but does not brave enough to take the plunge ...

the RM10k a month salary is just a figure on whether it is enough or not to own a brand new F30 328 with RM2700 monthly installment for 9 years ... I think it should be the minimum amount .. less than RM10k means maybe you can afford to buy the 320I or 320D ... overall it is still depend on how much one spend ...

now my bigger problem is why the bad headache after the test drive ...

madrazcbr;770973 said:

Could be car sickness if you twist and turn and corner a lot. Test drive again, but this time use straight road and see if got headache or not.

JBJB;770975 said:
Could be car sickness if you twist and turn and corner a lot. Test drive again, but this time use straight road and see if got headache or not.
Car sickness ? What is the remedy ?

Can test drive again ? shy already ...test drive twice but did not book yet ...

madrazcbr;770973 said:
Thanks guys on your support to this thread ... it is an eye opener to me and did give me some insight on how much you should earn to afford a UDM ... love the E39 from long time ago but does not brave enough to take the plunge ...

the RM10k a month salary is just a figure on whether it is enough or not to own a brand new F30 328 with RM2700 monthly installment for 9 years ... I think it should be the minimum amount .. less than RM10k means maybe you can afford to buy the 320I or 320D ... overall it is still depend on how much one spend ...

Please ensure you save enough for any situations that can arise.... Loss of income, medical emergency etc... Don't let a car become a burden. I wouldn't buy only on 10k but i have other commitments house, kids etc so different people different scenarios.

On the matter of your headache, the Leather? the charcoal filter smell? First time driving rear wheel drive? The jerkiness when ever the turbo kick in? Your mind/body telling you not to buy bmw? :)

mizhan;770424 said:
less than 10k per WEEK kan..?

soulfood;770449 said:
Main weekly ...dah macam BPL player lorrrr...

shamkasio;770615 said:
Or may be per session??

If like that I will buy GTR35 leyyy. hahaha.

If u have headache drive BMW, go and test Audi & Merz. See if still got headache.

initialM;771066 said:
If u have headache drive BMW, go and test Audi & Merz. See if still got headache.
tested the C250, C200, A4 1.8 and CC ... same type of test drive fast and attacking corner ... no headache whatsoever ...

mmmmmm ... is that THE SIGN ...

MRsamdol;771053 said:
Please ensure you save enough for any situations that can arise.... Loss of income, medical emergency etc... Don't let a car become a burden. I wouldn't buy only on 10k but i have other commitments house, kids etc so different people different scenarios.

On the matter of your headache, the Leather? the charcoal filter smell? First time driving rear wheel drive? The jerkiness when ever the turbo kick in? Your mind/body telling you not to buy bmw? :)
Hi Mr Samdol ... thanks for the advice ... all this while I have been thinking about all the above but it did not bring me anywhere ... still it is a good advice ...

On the headache ... previously yes I cant even sit in a BMW ... thats why although I love the E39 ... I just cannot put myself in the car ... only see with jealousy a few of my friends drive by ... something to do with the smell ... all BMW mind you ... but in the F30 ... I actually able to sit and did a test drive that last from 15 to 30 minutes ... rear wheel drive could not be the reason cause I am not that young and yes I have driven one ... but what got to do with rear wheel drive car ... can please share ...on the turbo also could not be the reason cause I have been driving turbo car for the last 2 years and having 1 now as my current car ... on the mind/body trying to tell me something ... that I could not comment ... could it be it ... mmmmm

If you can close your eyes and shut your ear from any racuns session, I think you can go for it.

As my experienced, I spent more than RM25k, only for mods and accessories. Not mentioning about the wear and tear.

Top Bottom