Why no sticky for parts & Maintenance E90?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

danc

Club Guest
Well,I am just wondering. Anyway I would like to ask if any E90 owners have done their engine oil change before the due date (25,000km) Been reading alot on E90post about this and there are many differing views on whether to change right after break-in period (2000 km), some say 10,000 km some say don't care just follow schedule.What have you all done so far? Just asked AB to change the engine oil will cost about RM530 - oil=430 the rest is labour and filter. AB is currently using supposedly a special Shell Helix formula (i think he said it was 5W-30) which only AB has and can't be bought out there. AB don't use Castrol because of our weather, except for M engine which they use Castrol 0W-60.If you were to change te oil before schedule anyone tried doing it outside AB? How much? What oil?I have never really believed in Shell Helix (bias here, as I have never used it either, have only used Mobil 1 for the last 19 years) anyone can comment on this "special" shell oil?Thanks

never heard of it either...but i was told recently by the SA at the dealer that BMW M'sia has now revised the 25K km service interval to 10K km. This is due to that a lot of E60 owners reported engine oil insuffiecient even when car is still new. This was told by the SA.
But personally, i feel much safer to change them at around 8K-10K too even when i first took my car i had that preparation regardless what the recommended service interval time by BMW. My reason being the hot weather here in this bloody country is killing the engine as compared to European Weather where running temp of the engine is kept much lower.

So, the shorter interval changing of engine oil is better than sorry. nothing wrong when you regularly change out the used engine oil, rite?

Top Bottom