VW Touareg

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Crymson

Club Guest
Have any of you guys test drove the VW Touareg? Just saw it 3 days ago at Mid Valley. Awesome car. Price tag starts from RM370k.

sat and fiddle with one while i was waiting to test drive the new golf..didn't even bother to ask if i could test drive as it was way beyond my budget! heh..
they're actually priced very well and come better spec up then the X5. shame dont see much around.. :unsure:

my dad saw one at the highway in kl.
it just passed him and he sait it was really big.

yeap, just saw it at Caltex. its really nice looking from behind with the VW badge and its special rims..

review not so good. Looks good from back but front bit too bulky in front. For the size, dun think VW engine and transmission can handle. Heard the handling also so so.

In addition, its quite EX for a VW

that's the attitude vw is trying to wipe off - ppls car that's cheap..but slap on a 3 star or a blue propellar, ppls perceptions change...
as crap as the X3 is, ppl still buy it..haha..

that's what u can achieve when u have branding advantage on hand.

to be fair to BM, they have excellent engine/transmission.

:ph34r: can't afford Chayene...so this Touareg is the closest thing!!! Without the VW badge....it a Porsche!!! BUT i bet this VW is loaded..... :ph34r:

Its not a porsche.

Porsche dun even recognise the entry level Cayenne; as use engine from the Touareg.

They always focus on the Cayenne S (4.5 litre) and Turbo (911 TT engine)

Cayenne and Touarag shares the same platform so Porsche slept with VW and both came out with 'brand new' SUVs :D

crymson,yeah the vw touareg is an awesome suv.
i had the pleasure of having it for a week end.
i was thoroughly impressed with the drive,handling and even the power although it had the vw 3.2 v6 powerplant(or some ppl might say "not so power plant")
but how powerful do we need pur suv's to be anyway?
gadget wise,it was loaded coz i had the WALD performance spec which was a tuned & slightly wilder version of the stock touareg.
comes with HID,sunroof,keyless entry and button start(love tht gadget :p )
very comfy and spacious ride as a matter of fact.
power?try 240bhp.....not bad for an suv.normally i wold hav said tht 240bhp aint enuf to lug this heavy suv,but was i proven wrong.
very good on tap response and if i had the money to buy one,i wold definately go for the higher spec and bigger cc 5.0 v10 with 400bhp.
yes it is a great car.
not an X% but good as well.
rgds,
-brad-

Originally posted by khalidm3@Aug 4 2005, 02:36 AM
man... :eek: shuldve spent the weekend with youla ....
darnnn.....
khalid,
u didnt knw me th mah.
i had the touareg middle of july.
i took sithwarrior & axle for a ride in it at the showru tt.
its quite a looker as a matter of fact.
plenty of ppl on the road were checking out the toureg.

i even had the vw WALD golf 1.6 fsi,also a tuned spec ride.
160bhp for a 1.6 aint tht bad either.
took it to gentings and it took to the corners like a dream.
comes stock with 17" rims,sunroof,semi auto and an impressive sound system too.
also a looker.
proly getting the vw WALD golf gti nxt! :yahoo:
now tht i am waiting to test....paddle shift,tuned to 240bhp,very tempting indeed.
btw,i do car reviews also in case ur wondering howcaome i get all the opportunity to drive these cars.
will take u for a ride in any other cars i take for reviews.
rgds,
brad

Malay : saudara, adakah terdapat kerja kosong lagi bagi mengulas kereta-kereta baru...?
saya sering mendapat markah tinggi dan guru-guru sering memberi bintang untuk setiap latihan karangan saya semasa sekolah di masa yang lalu.

Eng : bro, could there be anymore vacancy to do new car reviews because i've always got high marks & even given stars by my teacher for the compositions i did in school...back in the ol dayss...

writting proficiency:
malay : 10/10
english: 10/10..

can aa? :wink:

:yes: had a test drive last month. Wow! one word to tell, cool B) Especially the keyless entry system, with the key still in my pocket and you can start the engine by just one button press near the gearbox console. :rolleyes: yup the wireless keyless B)
Oh, by the way, price tag is very good by RM350K-RM390K. Maybe it isn't that great to compare with BMW X5. But it is still worth of getting it.

In my opinion VW make great cars .... it's a German car. It's just people's perception that think otherwise. What fuhrer said is true .. put on BMW and MB, and people have different view of you.

Wow ... 160bhp for a Golf 1.6? Where can i order? hehehe

Wonder how much the Touareg secondhand value will be like in 3 years time?

:beaten: You'll see the current Golf GTI selling at RM20K-RM30K, after 8 years used. No joke, think b4 getting any car like VW, Audi, Skoda, Alfa, Pegueot and etc... the depreciation will cut your throat like chicken neck. :blink:

ppls perception like yours that makes car prices that way..another one that buys blinded by the badge!jeez

The estimate Depreciation on GTI Goft was given by the bank finance. RM20K-RM30K after 8-9 years used? Who knows? it might be :huh:

Originally posted by Fuhrer@Aug 4 2005, 11:52 AM
ppls perception like yours that makes car prices that way..another one that buys blinded by the badge!jeez

Unfortunately thats how it is in the world. All business revolves along perception (the ang moh calls it branding)

Top Bottom