VW Polo 1.6L vs BMW116i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Status
Not open for further replies.
shaifulo said:
if u decided to part soon enuff with the ver8, pm me

not too soon i hope..having too much fun whooping arses:p

one thing for sure tho,if i ever replace the STi,it'll be a turbo'd car as well..its like being hooked up on drugs bro.u just can't shake it off:eek:

funfer_fahrer said:
O'ol and I will be doing the test drive next month. Maybe, both of us gonna buy one. Remember back in 97 I almost bought a VW Golf from Auto Dunia. After that I met my wife. So, got to buy a house instead. Now is payback time!! The other non-Germans that is on my list are Honda Jazz, Mitsubishi Colt and Suzuki Swift. I've owned a Honda before. After a year, the "new car feel" was no longer there. So, I am trying to avoid Japs car that are currently available in the market at the moment unless it is a Toyota Prius, because this car makes a lot of sense. Will give you a tinker when the time comes. The more, the merrier.

yeah,i remember driving the nuts off of the Vento,and also the A4..what a hoot!! great handling car yeah?? remember the salesman's face turning pale?? :D
bro,if u want,u can have a go at my Jazz..but don't expect conti standards la,cuz it just isn't.but for what it is designed for,i think the Jazz is great.mind u,it does 0-60 in 8.8s!!
so u going tomorrow??? VW thingy?? gimme a call la..i'll be around Glenmarie to pick up my STi mid-morning-ish..

Just came back from Wearnes Automotive in Bangsar. Most of the cars were being displayed in Bangsar Village. VW Polo was not there yet. So, no test drive.

I must admit that I've forgotten about my "old flame" - Daimler Chrysler Smart forfour. I rented this car lasyt year in Rome and took it down to Napoli, went up Mount Vesuvius, back in downtown Napoli, drove back to Rome plus some rendezvous in Rome - all in one day. The fuel tank capacity was 42 litres and no refuelling required. Total mileage clocked that day was close to 800km. Yesterday, I already booked one for the wifey and she likes it very much.

Thank you for your input.

Moderators, you may close this thread.

the SmartForFour is a smart choice especially with the huge discount now...

Point of interest: The SmartForFour was apparently jointly developed with Mitsubishi and has the Colt's genes (the present generation Colt).

The bad news that I heard a few months back - and I don't have any intention of pouring cold water over the euphoria of those buying the SmartForFour - is that D-C may be dropping the SmartForFour from the Smart line-up...

wglee said:
Point of interest: The SmartForFour was apparently jointly developed with Mitsubishi and has the Colt's genes (the present generation Colt).

The bad news that I heard a few months back - and I don't have any intention of pouring cold water over the euphoria of those buying the SmartForFour - is that D-C may be dropping the SmartForFour from the Smart line-up...

Actually already confirmed dropping the SmartForFour and the Smart Roadster from the lineup.. will only be concentrating on the SmartForTwo...

But since it has Colt blood in it, so still can get replacement mechanical parts. But body parts may pose a problem...

are you considering a A3??? i test it and it quite a good runabout i would say.... my initial plan was a A3 before i decided the 325i cos i need to ferry ppl around.....

wow i see that you guys are Subaru fanatic.... i will be very interested in getting the S204 if prices are coming down!!!! planning for christmas persent end of the years if business were to go smoothly!!!!!
supergripen said:
not too soon i hope..having too much fun whooping arses:p

one thing for sure tho,if i ever replace the STi,it'll be a turbo'd car as well..its like being hooked up on drugs bro.u just can't shake it off:eek:

beemers3 said:
wow i see that you guys are Subaru fanatic.... i will be very interested in getting the S204 if prices are coming down!!!! planning for christmas persent end of the years if business were to go smoothly!!!!!

nice2..but the seat will give u backache...dun think u can do long distance comfortably.

sorry this is off topic :cool:

shaifulo said:
nice2..but the seat will give u backache...dun think u can do long distance comfortably.

sorry this is off topic :cool:

yup..STis are not very comfy as the suspension is set very very stiff.the car is meant to be a corner crusher and not a mile muncher like mosr conti cars.hell,i took my Jazz back to Penang instead of the STi..can't imagine bouncing all the way to Penang at 180kph!!!

off topic again....

since no more relevant input on the cars in question. Threads would be closed by end of today.

beemers3 said:

Yes, many Subaru fan lurking in this forum. Still waiting for Father Christmas to deliver a 22B to me :p Failing which an RB320 or Litchfield Type-25 will do :rolleyes:

I have test driven the 116i and also took the Golf 1.6 FSI. The Golf is more responsive, feels more powerful than the 1.6. But I think Malaysia is getting the old 1.6 engine, not the FSI. The 116i feels quite lethargic, almost same feel as E36 318i even though it's a manual.

Pricewise, the 116i it's a lot of money to part with for a 1,600 car, and bear in mind the 116i is the bottom end of the BMW range, whereas a 1.6 Polo/Golf will be the middle range of the VW range (both the Polo and Golf come in smaller engine sizes).

The jury is still out on whether the 1 series will be a success, whereas the Polo/Golf range has been around for many years. So you can be sure the range won't be discontinued, and plenty of parts (replacement and performance) will be available on the internet from US and Europe.

my tea trolly hor is a golf 1.6fsi...

wot i liked about it:
- its wide and spaceous, can carry lotsa teh tarik bunkus and kuih
- its fuel efficient, so i can do more trips (less than half tank kl-sg)
- its comfortable, fairly quiet, so long trips and bad roads dun make me scream
- its intelligent! got sensors for wipers, lights, rdms, self dimming rear view mirror and heaps more.
- its easy to get spare parts as many are synonymous wid the rest of the vag brothers and sisters
- its easily configurable, door locking, horn, steering assist... with a simple cable/software, can DIY.
- its reliable. its works hard and still smiles!
- its darn cute!!! ;) i lups it!!

wglee said:

ouchee....

ermmm,the only part of the ForFour that i dislike is that its got Jap genes.granted its got it's good points but i just can't get past that fact.

BTW, how much is the SmartForFour these days? There are people in the Autoworld forums plonking the SmartForFour in the same class and price range of the Suzuki Swift!

wglee said:
BTW, how much is the SmartForFour these days? There are people in the Autoworld forums plonking the SmartForFour in the same class and price range of the Suzuki Swift!

Discussed before.. see here
Smart ForFour

Thread closing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom