tough decision e36 or e30?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
EEEE30;615734 said:
I wouldn't even consider buying this car. Someone hacked the body and changed the rear lights to facelift model (post 87/88 models). That is a a big no no from an e30enthusiast point of view.

personal taste and preference bro, some love the pre facelift tail lamps....some don't....

if u have rust, u would...err...how would i say this....hack? :cheers: and cut/weld the body in the same way u would retrofit the facelifted tail lamps.

:D u have a good day bro...

ps...this reminds me of an old adage "one man's meat is another's poison"

pps: that adage is in no means referring to any appendage :p haha

tombstone;615761 said:
personal taste and preference bro, some love the pre facelift tail lamps....some don't....

if u have rust, u would...err...how would i say this....hack? :cheers: and cut/weld the body in the same way u would retrofit the facelifted tail lamps.

:D u have a good day bro...

ps...this reminds me of an old adage "one man's meat is another's poison"

pps: that adage is in no means referring to any appendage :p haha

I understand that "different strokes for different folks", however, removing rusty pieces of sheet metal and replacing them with new sheet metal is a totally different from changing the original body lines of a car. At least that is in my book.
If I want my e30 to have a larger rear lights I would go and buy a post 88 model e30, but I wouldn't buy the one advertised or any e30 with such body modifications.

Good day to you as well, beer time :)

Gben,

I reckon its certainly do-able to refurbish a E30 back to something close to its former glory on a RM30K budget with some change left for a few cold ones.

Then again, it is somewhat a 'cut some corners route' as opposed to the 'Mizhan's restoration route'. Haha.

Yes, you can have an handsomely refurbished modern classic that is the E30 parked in your garage without breaking the bank. As BlackCat says, it is worth every penny when you do finally get there. I enjoyed the process so much that I'm considering doing it all over again!

Keano;615836 said:
Gben,

I reckon its certainly do-able to refurbish a E30 back to something close to its former glory on a RM30K budget with some change left for a few cold ones.

Then again, it is somewhat a 'cut some corners route' as opposed to the 'Mizhan's restoration route'. Haha.

Yes, you can have an handsomely refurbished modern classic that is the E30 parked in your garage without breaking the bank. As BlackCat says, it is worth every penny when you do finally get there. I enjoyed the process so much that I'm considering doing it all over again!

thanks for the advise , currently i am searching for a good base to start and at the same time also looking at e36 too... will keep you guys updated once i got it... :)

hi guys, just to update on my decision,... i finally decided on an e36, got an e36 m52b28 to be exact.. liked the torque it has..the reason maybe abit silly but when i started the car and heard the exhaust sound.. i felt that YES THIS IS THE ONE !... lol ... anyway thanks for all the advice and really appreciate on the feedback given... but again the e30 is still in my heart so maybe that would be the next one... :)

Congratulations :)

Step 2: Join our countless and pointless rides out of town!

Congrats bro. Now you will have big smiles on the road. Tell us if you don't...hahaha

Vroommm...Vroommm...

gben;637766 said:
hi guys, just to update on my decision,... i finally decided on an e36, got an e36 m52b28 to be exact.. liked the torque it has..the reason maybe abit silly but when i started the car and heard the exhaust sound.. i felt that YES THIS IS THE ONE !... lol ... anyway thanks for all the advice and really appreciate on the feedback given... but again the e30 is still in my heart so maybe that would be the next one... :)

Just wonder what year model and how much u paid for it
Thanks

I am lookin around for a E46 328I and now you are making life so difficult. Thank you John Smith.

Thanx for d tips...If daily use, is E36 better ? fuel consumption/ parts? I have a guy wanna sell his E30 engine(Without Head) for merely Rm1999. Any1 interested? Location ICT Shah alam

h1sham9;637881 said:
I am lookin around for a E46 328I and now you are making life so difficult. Thank you John Smith.

I'm "helping" you to solve your problem.. ahahaha! :p

Damn,

Called the dealer and its been sold.
Was hoping to add another one to the garage :(

Top Bottom