tough decision e36 or e30?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Eggie86;612890 said:
Ok racun time...

IMAG0899.jpg

If you want one of the best E36s out there, contact Iceman13. His rims are the same as the ones on the mag cover. Very awesome E36 manual...

Owner lagi awesome. :4:
Bro can i borrow your magazine interesting E32 maintenance guide. tq .
gooooo for E36 easy to maintance .

m.azharm5;612945 said:
Bro can i borrow your magazine interesting E32 maintenance guide. tq .

Bro tell you what, I can scan a copy of the pages relating to the maintenance and share it with you guys on another thread. But of course, that would be subject to copyright issues. You PM me your email la, will scan it to you soon cos the mag not with me at the moment. :)

would have prefer e36 internal in a e30 body..haha, wierd me..wat i meant is having m5x + 6spd + 5lug in and e30 mtech1 kit...personally boils down to how much you would spend..

E36 if you want to be a RASCAL :vroam:
E30 if you want to be a Super RASCAL :driver:

hek hek hek...:rock:

ok you can make the correct choice and get what a e30 is when its grown up....:D :D

bmw-m5-e34-front-1_138.jpg

flamesuit on!! hhahaha.....cabutz.......:vroam:

hi guys thanks for all the comments... a few things i would like to say.. my budget for now is about 20-30k for now as its never gonna stop there.. i love the e30's character and the way it looks and as for the e36 ...well i like it with the m3 kit... looks good too.... so that is why i cant decide on which models....as for engine plans... m50b25 would be my choice for either car...or if the budget allow e30 with m60b30.. love v8's exhaust.....

Bro, if not mistaken, 20K to 30K would probably get a decent E36, but I think that would be severely insufficient for modding. Most of the E36 328i I have seen on Motor Trader are already hovering over the RM 30K mark for 96-97 models I think.

hi bro eggie86 ,what i meant for the budget is to buy the car and mods would be at a later period when i save up ...so that is why i said the 20-30k doesn't end there :) ... either car would be my play car like what those Americans do with their hotrods...bit by bit and after the years go by... then i can see how it grows gracefully.. if you know what i mean....

gben;613023 said:
hi bro eggie86 ,what i meant for the budget is to buy the car and mods would be at a later period when i save up ...so that is why i said the 20-30k doesn't end there :) ... either car would be my play car like what those Americans do with their hotrods...bit by bit and after the years go by... then i can see how it grows gracefully.. if you know what i mean....

Haha, thanks for the clarification Ben. I'm sure you'll have countless fun. :top: So, which model does your heart pine for? E36 or E30?

Quote Originally Posted by ICEMAN 13 View Post
e36 ..less headache as parts are aplenty .... e30 you need to know the underground ppl ....
Quote Originally Posted by B33mEr View Post
Hahaha ... pretty much true. In the long run an E30 will be more expensive to maintain especially when rust comes into mind. Both are great cars but at the end it comes down to what you have in mind when owning either vehicles ... Will it be a weekend car or a daily ride?

yes, both iceman and b33mEr said is very true... parts are hard to source by, knowing the ppl having it, wont sell to you, the underground is very deep, so will be your pockets...how i know ? been there, done it, out alive again...

all bro iceman,b33mer and pussy said is also what i have in mind.... that is also one of the reason why i cant decide..... but which ever car ... spending alot of money on it is a for sure thing ... but whatever is it i think your guys still think its worth it right guys?? :)

bro eggie... my heart has well.... how would i say.... erm.... i love both... if i got the cash.. i will get BOTH... hahahhah

gben;613034 said:
bro eggie... my heart has well.... how would i say.... erm.... i love both... if i got the cash.. i will get BOTH... hahahhah

hope your dreams comes true and hope to see you get a good car too start off with ...as for your budget of 20~30 all i could say you maybe able to get a car that's able to pump the fuel and go but yet a lot of works to be carried out ...etc paintwork, engine work ..etc etc , but if you could stretch a little bit more ...get a car which have already done up to your expectation without any work to be carried out ... head ache free ...

there are couple of sweet e36 coupe for sale here ...not mistaken tombstone ..nice and an awsome specimen ...

bro iceman....thanks for the advise... but e36 coupe's is about 40+k which is abit too much for me right now because all of these babies are Cash... to do up either cars maybe needs alot of time and effort but that is also the best way to get to know the car and learn .... like all you sifu's out there... whatever you guys learn is based on experience right??money spent but experience learnt... ;)

if u like classic look yet still relevant in this century...go for e30...u can get it for rm10k..restore it and walaaaa...but, getting the parts can be quite troublesome if u do not know which chop shop to go..furthermore, travelling long distance can be quite challenging on the durability due to age factor and malaysia road condition..

as for e36, parts are still aplenty and easy to mod too..with little mods, it is double walaaaa...and it's easier to tackle chicks too...ahaha..if i were u, i would go for e36..get at least 2.5l to enjoy the ride..

gud luck bro!

As for ur budget,just get a E36 instead. Go for 325 and avoid d 318 .....u can get it ranging 25-35k... Do it up slowly.....

E30 is a nice car but to restore a E30,sky is d limit...u can consult Mizhan,pussy,kester for the detail.....

Good luck in ur hunt.....if u willing to pay 30k++ for an e30, my ex e30 sedan 318 is for sale...d owner wanted to upgrade ....

bro shah..agree with you with the scarsity of e30 parts and also wat bro lionel said about "the sky is the limit"... true to that bro but..looking at Bro mizhan's lifetime project... the amount of things he has done to his e30.... that kind of money would get him an e46 anytime but ... the question is... would mizhan be happier with an e46 rather than to restore his e30? i believe the satisfaction tha he has is priceless.......... where else the e36 would be kinder on the pocket in terms of moddin..please correct me if i am wrong.

gben;613083 said:
bro shah..agree with you with the scarsity of e30 parts and also wat bro lionel said about "the sky is the limit"... true to that bro but..looking at Bro mizhan's lifetime project... the amount of things he has done to his e30.... that kind of money would get him an e46 anytime but ... the question is... would mizhan be happier with an e46 rather than to restore his e30? i believe the satisfaction tha he has is priceless.......... where else the e36 would be kinder on the pocket in terms of moddin..please correct me if i am wrong.

haha.. with your statement above, i see that your heart and mind has set on a e30...dun lie to yourself...go get it, then we'll all poison you soon on the mods..

pussy;613124 said:
haha.. with your statement above, i see that your heart and mind has set on a e30...dun lie to yourself...go get it, then we'll all poison you soon on the mods..

:) still cant decide bro.....

gben;613083 said:

thanks gben.. i could pay cash for a used E90 320i actually.

mizhan;613175 said:
thanks gben.. i could pay cash for a used E90 320i actually.

WOW!! underestimate the amount you spent... anyway keep up your passion as what you are doin gives others inspiration

Top Bottom