top speed of your e60

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
That's why when the professional mod their cars, the most important thing to start with is to improve your braking power first prior to increasing your speed. Next would be your suspension system to keep the car grounded at high speed. In any event, I think it is still not advisable to go that fast.

Grand;577064 said:
That's why when the professional mod their cars, the most important thing to start with is to improve your braking power first prior to increasing your speed. Next would be your suspension system to keep the car grounded at high speed. In any event, I think it is still not advisable to go that fast.

100% agree.. I was shocked how massive is air force against windshield at high speed i was experienced..after that, i never ever even came close to that speed (245km/h)..it was super dumb by me..no more..if i was in convertible, most probably, I wouldnt bother about it..'luckily' it was without top at that time so i was able to feel from first hand how brutal force is actually outside of car chassis at such speed...i highly recommend, dont do it..

As I said earlier, it's also driving skill. Yes, I know most of us will profess to have superior driving skills. But honestly, how many actually have taken those advance driving skill classes? And how many have actually experienced those kinds of extreme driving conditions. Normal human instinct, is to react quickly and sometimes overreacting. I had friend who was driving kind of fast in the rain. Apparently, like most of us, he thought his bimmer truly was a UDM which could do no wrong. He told me on a curve, he experienced the rear tyres suddenly skidding off (i.e. oversteer) and he panicked and tried to compensate by opposite locking the steering. On a wet road, with such sudden movement of the steering, what did you expect? He crashed. Car was quite badly hit, but he was just shaken (at least the safety parts of the UDM worked as expected).

Point here is, he wasn't expecting it and when it actually happened, he didn't know what to do. Not all of us are Michael Schumacher (at his peak) with nerves of steel and reactions of a cheetah. So you can put all the brake systems and suspensions and whatnots, end of day, it's also down to driver skill. And it's not worth your life to try and test that out....

Cruised 250km/h on my E92 325i at a south-bound stretch during one of our breakfast runs trying to catch an M3. The dude was going at 280km/h.

alxy;577313 said:
As I said earlier, it's also driving skill. Yes, I know most of us will profess to have superior driving skills. But honestly, how many actually have taken those advance driving skill classes? And how many have actually experienced those kinds of extreme driving conditions. Normal human instinct, is to react quickly and sometimes overreacting. I had friend who was driving kind of fast in the rain. Apparently, like most of us, he thought his bimmer truly was a UDM which could do no wrong. He told me on a curve, he experienced the rear tyres suddenly skidding off (i.e. oversteer) and he panicked and tried to compensate by opposite locking the steering. On a wet road, with such sudden movement of the steering, what did you expect? He crashed. Car was quite badly hit, but he was just shaken (at least the safety parts of the UDM worked as expected).

Point here is, he wasn't expecting it and when it actually happened, he didn't know what to do. Not all of us are Michael Schumacher (at his peak) with nerves of steel and reactions of a cheetah. So you can put all the brake systems and suspensions and whatnots, end of day, it's also down to driver skill. And it's not worth your life to try and test that out....

There are tonnes of ppl like that... Thot they are 'ayrton senna' reincarnated..

The best and safest way to test your driving skills is on a proper race track. It's a real humbling experience. After 1 track session, u'll understand and appreciate why race drivers gets so much money for going round and round... :p Real drivers don't talk much, they let their driving do the talking..

err.... Mods ppl... MODS.... Make sure your care is tuned... then you will not feel dangerous, wobble, float...blablabla.. when in high speed... Unfortunately I became broke after buying my e60..:p nevertheless, I spend quite a fair amount on my old faithful SATRIA...

Body kits play in downforce after 80km/h.... So harsh handling and proper downforce place a major role where top speed is concern....

I tried 280 on a F355 and dont feel a single pinch... (offcause that one comparing bicycle and motorbike la) :D

tried
on my e36 325 220+ while rushing back to penang
on my e87 120 200+ while travelling in Kuantan highway (end up undercarraige cover plastic fly off)
on my e50 530d 25x while chasing a fairlady 350z in PD highway... But the feeling is scary....

a few week ago... MEX Highway.... 520i (2004), 17" rims.... stock exhaust....

5238255742_71e86a273c.jpg
5237632523_9c20ceccfc.jpg

I have tried about 240km/hr on my 530d few times but within seconds only ...feel kinda sweat .. the ideal and comfortable speed for our E60 is around 170-180km/hr.

Being drive 210km/h on my E46 320i still can go further but not dare sumore (Lekas Highway Sban-Kajang)

tried my e60 max 245 at maju express...have too slow down bcos there was a bloody stupid car in front...so dunt have any idea how fast mine can go...if plus..manyak susah to cross 230 laa...even lorry oso use fast lane...

(523i 2006 magnesium engine) do 200kmh at north south h/way between Shah Alam - Malacca.. can push down paddle but i hv no balls to do that.... in my car full pack wt my wife and 3 kids.... who guys can push more that 2++ double thumb up man...

Do 200 kmh last week at East Coast Expressway .. Only for 1 minute .. hehehe .. tengah hari buta, hopefully no saman ekor later .. Mine is 525 M Sports .. 19" rims ..

In my opinion, this thread is not getting very "healthy" as I sense people are tempted to "out do" each other in hitting top speed in their respective rides..........
Drive at the speed you are comfortable with and it does not matter if your ride can hit 250km as it's the safe arrival that counts!

Drive safe this holiday season, everyone!

Done 240kmh in my 530i E39 msport, straight stretch of road from Edinburgh to Newcastle at 1am when there was no single car in sight. Maintained the speed for a while, still have some throttle to go bit thought that was enough. Only dare to go 210kmh in Malaysia due to bumpy roads.

Top Bottom