Top speed experience in E46

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
hi

drive "low n slow".....hehehehe
its stand for big wheels n super low suspension...hehehhe..surely fun moreover with bimmer...

enjoy that while u can...

cheerS

mine goes up to 240~ then tak berani.... feeling like going to involve in accident.. hahaha. drive slowly where u want to go mahhh..

Kaiza635CSI;361704 said:
depends which highway..

So ... which highway is d best for top speed runs??? heard dat d new kl to putrajaya highway is very good due to d stretch long roads but havent tried yet ...

Fastest went about 240km/h but after dat got cars hv to slow down :(

B33mEr;361880 said:
So ... which highway is d best for top speed runs??? heard dat d new kl to putrajaya highway is very good due to d stretch long roads but havent tried yet ...

Fastest went about 240km/h but after dat got cars hv to slow down :(

Karak highway manage to do my top speed in my 635, 248 in a 996 Turbo. 240 on the new Kl-Putrajaya in an E60, But unfortunately none in an E46.... hmmm...

KIara Highway managed 190 in my 6. Melaka - KL 210

Haven't done yet in e46, as I have yet to take delivery of my car. However, let me share with you a short experience I had before Raya 08. I was at the North South HIghway to KL cruising at 120kph, when there was some interesting sight appearing before my rear view mirror. 5-6 cars were going at high speed, so my gatal foot landed flat on the throttle, chasing up the pack.

I did 180kph in my Honda City 05' Vtec, prob still have room to go up to about 185kph in stretch between Slim River-KL. Honda Jazz idsi allowed me to pass, followed by Sentra, Myvi and others which I can't remember. But wait...this is not the drama, of course. Right far infront of me there's a kilat white car....I can't believe it to see how it maintains in front of me all the time. I think you wouldn't guess it right....its a brand new white Proton Saga 1.3cc 2008 model with all the plastic covering its seats still. Worse, 4 adults inside.

I couldn't chase them and lost them when I arrived somewhere in Rawang.

I posted the sale of my Honda City last week.

dylan;361956 said:
............ Right far infront of me there's a kilat white car....I can't believe it to see how it maintains in front of me all the time. I think you wouldn't guess it right....its a brand new white Proton Saga 1.3cc 2008 model with all the plastic covering its seats still. Worse, 4 adults inside.

I couldn't chase them and lost them when I arrived somewhere in Rawang.

I posted the sale of my Honda City last week.

lol ... well it's a brand new engine dats why it can go further but i think if on standstill or on a rolling start race ur honda city will reach 180kph faster than the saga then maybe d saga will then catch up wif u later . d campro is a rev hungry engine much like vtec. Ur getting a an e46??? very nice wat model r u getting? hope ur getting d 6 cylinder engine :)

Hi, yes, got the loan all approved, and should be collecting the e46 within this week. I don't need the car urgently, so taking it slowly. Aarrrgghhhh... eerrrmmm nno, its not 6 cylinder. 318i only. Everyone I spoke about e46 advised me to go for 6 cyl, and I partially regret since day one.

My city vtec gets to 100kph in 12.1sec. I think the new Proton can do it faster! I hope its at least slightly slower than 318i, otherwise its another regret for me to get the 318. Hahaha...just joking.

i've done 220km/h on the way to melaka with 4 adults on board (including me, the driver).

Hi,

I personally didn't drive at that speed on my E46 320i. But a friend of mine took my car and did 190km/h on NKVE last Sunday. I just couldn't believe it. It was first time for me sitting in a car and travelling at 190km/h

He told me thats the benchmark for me. I guess I will never be able to top that one. The most i drive on NSHW is 160km/h for a distance of 3 - 4 km. Then back to 110km/h.

Last week trip to KL was relaxing on the North South highway until a 2008 Civic 2.0 and an e36 came behind me. I thought it might be fun to try out the top speed of my newly acquired e46 318i, well not to race with those fella but to see how the car tops.

I got up to 189kph on the GPS pretty easily with more rooms to go, I suppose. Car was steady and easy to control at high speed.

ONe thing I was amazed with our e46. The speedometer (both analogue & digital) are quite accurate against the GPS, as compared to Japanese cars. Diff of about 2-3kph.

can anyone here tell me whats the on wheel bhp for 325i with M54 powerplant?

thanks in advance for your valuable info.

cheers!

:)

for auto's deduct 15-20% ... for manual deduct 10-15% to know how many bhp on wheels... 330i put about 195-210 whp for manual ... it varies with each car due to machining tolerance at the factory, batch parts quality and so on ...

B33mEr;367833 said:
for auto's deduct 15-20% ... for manual deduct 10-15% to know how many bhp on wheels... 330i put about 195-210 whp for manual ... it varies with each car due to machining tolerance at the factory, batch parts quality and so on ...

bro, a fren of mine told me... for autobox i need to deduct 30%. is this true? if yes, then on wheel bhp is like crap :dontknow:

I did 245km/h on my friend ride E46 328i 4 persons. (owner passenger)
RPM should be about 5800 or more.
That was 3 years ago.

lingzhi;368020 said:
bro, a fren of mine told me... for autobox i need to deduct 30%. is this true? if yes, then on wheel bhp is like crap :dontknow:

30% is to be on d safe side i guess ... cos there are so many variables involved when estimating whp ... heat, friction, metal fatigue plays a major role. I guess a dyno run is the most accurate result you can go for even that is not the end of it as different dyno have different ways of calculating hp at the crank and drivetrain loss for whp. But for me i trust my butt dyno hehehe it's free lol. as long you keep heat and friction, major cause of metal fatigue plus wear and tear, to a minimum then you will have more ponies to the wheel.

FYI ... sum ppl will inflate their tyre up to 50 psi on dyno runs to minimise friction and maximise whp results so that it will look good only on paper ... there are few tips n trick to maximise whp just for the dyno's but very dangerous if apply on the roads ...

Top Bottom