Looking for E60

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
yes very troublesome indeed. your agent need to drive your car all the way back Perak for inspection and register done there since you wan Perak no. after register done, he will drive back your car to KL again. hehe...not worthy. i procure my car at kl last time too. i stay in jb. wanted to register at jb too, but after knowning so troublesome, i dropped the idea and had the car register under KL and ended up as "WQM" currently.

NicolasTan;341062 said:
I booked at SG motors @ UpTown, opposite Police Station. I stay @ BU12.
Paid RM5000 booking fee.
Price is RM240,000
Year 04
Interest rate 2.7% AmBank @ 8 years

So, where can I sent the car for diagnose checking?
Thank

Hey! Same place I bought mine! So our cars are "brothers" :rolleyes:

You can check up at MSpeed. Look for Kenny/Ah Meng. See previous threads for directions.

Enjoy ur car bro!

Thanks maccasel & chooleng, I will get Runner to do lah.
my pleasure to meet U to brother ALXY....
Thanks so much for all your inputs...
Once my car is out will inform U guys...

Lancelot Adolph;337487 said:
Chook Leng,

When I turn my steering, it'll sound like "clok clok clok"; not tick tick sound :)

13,500km? I seriously doubt it; do you think most buyers of E60 buy the car and put in car park and don't drive? Maybe very rare of them...

Well, i'm no expert in identifying the problem, but I know one workshop pretty well in KL area, he is the one that fix my "troublesome + kena con" 5 series; but one thing i'm glad of my car is that it is accident free.

Fuel pump rosak, your rear passenger seat will indicate a very loud sound.

Suspension... ee... not comfortable that's what i assume when i drive it.

Anyhow, i really love my E60 525i, NEVER REGRET and LOVE BEEMER! very nice day to day travel car and family car.

Just that if you were to buy from a dealer, just be cautious + spare lots of $$$ for your Beemer,

Cheers~

Hi, Lancelot and Chook Ling.

i just bought the 525i japan spec '05 all black last one month,
i also feel the 'clok clok clok' sounds when turn steering,
is that active steerings got problem? but, the steering seem like no problem.
is that normal?
On the other hands, i feel that my 525i fuel consumption is quite high, especially, drive in city. is that normal?

sorry that ask these kind of questions, b'cos i used to drive japanese car last time, no really know how the continental car fuel comsumption.

thanks a lot for ur guys.

skyven;342221 said:
Hi, Lancelot and Chook Ling.

i just bought the 525i japan spec '05 all black last one month,
i also feel the 'clok clok clok' sounds when turn steering,
is that active steerings got problem? but, the steering seem like no problem.
is that normal?
On the other hands, i feel that my 525i fuel consumption is quite high, especially, drive in city. is that normal?

sorry that ask these kind of questions, b'cos i used to drive japanese car last time, no really know how the continental car fuel comsumption.

thanks a lot for ur guys.
Set your Fuel consumption on US MPG (miles per gallon).

It should average between 16 - 19. This is normal. But if you're running 17" rims and below, you should be hitting above 20.

Petronas gives best mileage, Shell gives the best boost.

Hi Skyven,

1) The clok clok sound, you got to ask your mechanic to diagnose for you; according to my mech, active steering breakdown very often in the new E60. AB charge average 13-14k per steering! outside around 7k +/-.

2) Well, mine is UK spec; my current travel is 10.6 liters per 100km @ 18" Rims w/Sprint Booster :)

Let's say if I pump full tank, when it reaches exactly half of it, i'll get approximately 250km- 300km. Rural + Urban.

If were to compare Camry 2.4v vs 525i; cannot compare la. Continental car still heavier than Jap's car (in general), thus, fuel consumption should be higher :)

Hope that helps,

Cheers!

if the active steering just leave unrepair, any consequences or further damages to other parts? what is the pro and cons for the active steering to be restore? active steering is for wat purposes sial? BLUR

Hi, Lancelot, owen and Chook Ling.
Thank you for ur guys information.
actually, the clok clok sound is very light, if switch the radio, it hard to listen this clok clok sound. maybe,i will ask the seller to check, b'cos still under warranty. but, i don't think he is going to check clearly and bear the responsibility,if really got problem.

Normally, i check meter info which show that 7.7litres per 100kms.
i think it should be normal fuel consumption the continental car.

Anyway, thanks a lot ya.

skyven...

7.7l/100km is city driving fc or highway fc? if city very low lo comparing to mine which is about 11l/100km to 13l/100km depending on how i drive...

so sorry, t2ribena.

actually is 7.7km/litre, after i double checked the meter info. is consider very high compare others.

Hey, guys. Very technical lah all the info. But very informative.
Anyway, do U guys have any plans to do a small gathering to meet n exchange knowledge. Love to see some of your modification, body make-ups, NICE sports-rims etc. get inspiration mah...
Thank bro, U people rocks.

hi all,

need some info on when did the push start button appear on the E60..there are many models 523,525 and the 530 04/05 without the start button..

regards

Hi guys, I've got my car this morning. It is wonderful to own BMW. Thank so much for all the inputs n advice given. Really appreciated. Hope to meet U all in person. Thanks

Hi guys, shall we all meet for TTS (Teh tarik Session) getting to know people who contributed in this forum in helping many people we dont know, like me that has benefited so much.

Shall we meet TTS at Kayu Aman Suria around 6pm tomoro Saturday?

1) Nicolas Tan - BMW 525 E60 Black

Top Bottom