Looking for E60

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
supergripen;337216 said:
exactly.. there are many unscrupulous characters out there selling cars.especially cars like the e60,u'd wanna be very very careful cuz the costs of parts and repairs can be quite high.
once u take over the car's ownership,regardless of promised warranty periods etc,there are some out there who'll ignore ur every claim even if things go wrong within the 'warranty period'.
my advice is,before u take over ownership,have the car thoroughly checked out,have every even minutely dodgy parts replaced by the seller.pay particular attention to ignition coils,alternator n suspension bushings n parts.hell,have the wiperblades changed as well cuz i bet the car will have been standing in the sun for a period of time.

bought my car at TOYOKAR..after a few months of motoring the alternator gave way,draining the battery and after a thorough check,the ignition coils were gone as well..went to claim and was duly ignored totally by TOYOKAR.in the end,i had to foot the bills myself..'warranty' my ass..

once again,be very very wary of 'warranties'..

bro supergripen i think they do provide 'warranty' but for parts which are unlikely to fail entirely within 1 month like your engine & transmission. you may be able to claim only if your engine explodes or if you cannot engage your gears which is very unlikely. for other 'small' matters which are very likely to fail or needs replacement like your alternator, battery, engine oil, filters, tires, belts, wipers, lights etc they normally dont cover.

bro nicholas just be prepared to spend a few G's for repair & replacements when u buy a recon e60...the older the car the more u'll probably need to spend

Wow! U guys rock. Thank you all so much for all the inputs n advice. Really learn a lot frm this, even simple n short time.
I think we can learn even better from each other n more in details if meet regularly over TT for discussion.
Bank already called to verify few info n will be able to get it done early next week. After that have to register the car with JPJ n hope to get nice number.
Any of U have "connection" or friend in JPJ? can help to get nice number...

Thanks again fellow friends

chookleng;336914 said:
bro lancelot, how do u know tat ur active steering is worn out? is it there is a very very small sound "tick tick tick tick tick"come out from the steering when u move around? between....wat exactly active steering for? between, my E60 525 also japan recond. to date...i had spent RM11k on car fully inspection as i doubt the car odometer which showing a record of 13,5000km for milleage since its register at year 2005. i have another RM9k to spend as what my mechanic told me.
also, how do you know that your lower arm bars, absorber, spring also need to be changed? soli as im technically idiot on car. share wit me though. thx

Chook Leng,

When I turn my steering, it'll sound like "clok clok clok"; not tick tick sound :)

13,500km? I seriously doubt it; do you think most buyers of E60 buy the car and put in car park and don't drive? Maybe very rare of them...

Well, i'm no expert in identifying the problem, but I know one workshop pretty well in KL area, he is the one that fix my "troublesome + kena con" 5 series; but one thing i'm glad of my car is that it is accident free.

Fuel pump rosak, your rear passenger seat will indicate a very loud sound.

Suspension... ee... not comfortable that's what i assume when i drive it.

Anyhow, i really love my E60 525i, NEVER REGRET and LOVE BEEMER! very nice day to day travel car and family car.

Just that if you were to buy from a dealer, just be cautious + spare lots of $$$ for your Beemer,

Cheers~

Thanks Lancelot. Hope my car will be a good one. Will sent my car for service at the trusted workshop n definitely go to the one U guys are going. Thank

Bro Lancelot,

thanks for sharing the information with me. yeah, mine is "clock clock clock" sound (more or less the same with "tick tick tick") what does tis "clock clock clock" sound indicated? something spoilt? lucky me too that mine is of accident free. to date...no regret getting E60 too....except for the rough passenger seat. my sibiling complaints when travel on E60 due to the rough seat. but when on w211, no one complaint. sigh.......

my steering is making the ticking sound too when turning...mechanic advised got one part inside the steering rack need to be greased but its lot of work. will do it during my next service (within 1 month time) and let u guys know the outcome & damage

ess530i;337650 said:
my steering is making the ticking sound too when turning...mechanic advised got one part inside the steering rack need to be greased but its lot of work. will do it during my next service (within 1 month time) and let u guys know the outcome & damage

actually i am looking for a recon 525/530 for at least 3 months now. Its actually not an easy job to find a good car and plus all the ambiguity/risk on AP - sarawak AP, local AP, recycle AP......i am almost deciding to buy from AB to avoid all these unnecessary problems.....please advise if this is betta??

but based on the budget i have, 525 from AB is way out of budget...will settle for a 523.

please adivse....

eurolover;337848 said:
actually i am looking for a recon 525/530 for at least 3 months now. Its actually not an easy job to find a good car and plus all the ambiguity/risk on AP - sarawak AP, local AP, recycle AP......i am almost deciding to buy from AB to avoid all these unnecessary problems.....please advise if this is betta??

but based on the budget i have, 525 from AB is way out of budget...will settle for a 523.

please adivse....

basically,if u have the budget,go for Approved Used Cars from AB,Ingress or Sapura..these will be ur 'peace of mind' ruote.ur best bet for a trouble free ownership.

mind,u'll be paying extra above Jap-spec prices which if u think about it,that extra cash will be gone anyways to pay for those items that will inevitably need replacing on Jap-spec cars..think about the time ur car will be in the w'shops,the time u'll be car'less' etc.

so,best bet..Approved Used Cars.

the only downside will be that u can't choose ur number plate la..

ess530i;337650 said:

dude...wat is the purposesd serve? if leave there without repair, any serious consequences? mine also tickling but havent yet seek advice from my mechanic....reali DARNNNNNNNN

Hi, guys any recomendation to get E60 525 for a full check-up, what they call using computer to diagnose...
My loan already approved. This week very BZ so will go to the dealer to get documention done. Looking 4ward to meet U all to learn more from U all.
Thanks so much for all the inputs, really appreciated.

Hey...a bit late in this thread but why don't you consider a 523i instead? I got 1 this January (pre-owned from AB) - milage only 5K and interest at 2.15% BMW credit. Don't think it is underpowered and glad that the fuel economy is good too. I average 11.2ltr/100KM - city driving. I dumped the fugly 16" for some serious 18"...hehehe. From zero acceleration is a bit dull but otherwise no diff. And very little sacrifice on comfort too BUT no using run flats la...

AB have just announced pre-reg 523i LCI @ RM329k. Is it worth it since the new 5 is not too far away? The Merc E200K pre-reg is RM318,888.

I booked at SG motors @ UpTown, opposite Police Station. I stay @ BU12.
Paid RM5000 booking fee.
Price is RM240,000
Year 04
Interest rate 2.7% AmBank @ 8 years

So, where can I sent the car for diagnose checking?
Thank

hi nicholas,

just make sure u get everything that was promised to you...i learn the hard way...

is yur black with beige interior?

try taking it to ingress auto..at least for the first time la..they have all the right tools..

2.7% is ok la..not bad..

04 models these days are going for about RM 235k or so..but SG alwiz abit expensive coz of name..but better to buy from someone who is reputable la..

congrats on yur purchase

Thanks Lancelot Adolph, chookleng, maccasel.
Yes, Black wth Beige interior.
Signed all documents on Saturday.

This is my first time buying a un-registerd car. Will be going to JPJ on Wed to register n choose number. Thinking of getting some nice no? Need your inputs again lah. Pls give your inputs & advice on this.
Thinking of getting Perak no bcos of two alphabet eg. RF###. SG motors told me it is very troublesome n just get it done here. Any inputs? Thanks again for all your inputs.

Nicholas,

in regards to your number..if u wan a special or old number, i think its better to use a runner...coz it might be tedious if u gonna do it on your own..

as for rates..it depends on how much you borrow, length of the loan etc..it varies from bank to bank but not much la..

Top Bottom