top speed of your e60

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Peter Sauber;574930 said:
Hi capultion, 530i got sport button meh (apart from S mode gear)? Mine dont have lah

:)

Got. Mine is 2010 E60.

4795591010_7b6eaff249.jpg

One Camry 2.4 overtook my N46B20 when I was doing 200kph.. u people are under utilising your investment la.. :p should do like Dzuljazz whom "stretched" his investment.. :D :top:

affan66;574745 said:
210km/h on the GPS.. too fast for me.. unlike the E39, the E60 feels too jumpy for me beyond 200km/h. For the record, I've done 230km/h on the E39, measured on the GPS also

May i ask when u did 230kmh on the E39, what size of your rims?

MEX highway during a normal working day on the straight stretch. Was racing an E230 CGI if I am not mistaken a while ago. Rims 17" ori M-Sport, staggered. if that matters.

my friend camry 2.4 can go 220 km/h....gilerrrrr betul..but the whole car floating like hell, dangerous. can take off easily if got wings. hee hee hee

Yup camry is fast. Just had a chasing camry session last night. I was doing 200kmh, but the camry still in front of us for about 20feet distance. But on board were 4 adults and i believe total combined 4 of us weight circa 300kg. Oh my E39 is running on replica 19incher. Berat la rim ni..:mad:

i tried my dad camry 2.4 @210km/h MEX highway. i feel that there's nothing great bout camry except comfort n lower maintenance

Friends,
I have driven 200 kph with my Rexton RX270XDi and 200 kph easily with the Perdana V6. Done 240 kph with my previous 328i. I think top speed is not the issue if you are driving on our expressway. It is how fast you can reach 190/200/240 kph because we don't have long stretches of straight roads like the German autobahn where everybody zooms at 250 kph. The 5 series have the acceleration to attain top speed in very short time. Damn mean machine......love the car.

This would be a nice thread for the authorities to come bust some people, if they do that at all in Malaysia.

While it's fun dick measuring, please do remember to drive safe on the roads :)

cheers.

yes but sometimes they might be lazy. there was once after drinking session, my friend was very drunk and he use his alphard at full speed overtaking police car but they did nothing.

RoderickBeam;576259 said:
yes but sometimes they might be lazy. there was once after drinking session, my friend was very drunk and he use his alphard at full speed overtaking police car but they did nothing.

That's very normal here. All collect gaji buta and drink teh tarik.

E36 318i, 215/45/17 (stock) 209km/h....straight road with slight downhill.

X3 2.5si, 235/45/18(front), 245/45/18(rear) 220km/h...straight road from Damansara to Sepang..ran out of road as needed to exit towards KLIA.

the fastest i've tried was at 230km/h from JB to KL but can't maintain that speed as the road are too bumpy....

..245 Km/h faster i did, with my Z4..got scared after i felt how massive is air pressure at that moment, since i was driving without top..also, i have got a 'feeling' that after 220, road seems to 'shrink' in my perspective..weird..

Speed is not the issue. Most decent cars nowadays can go 200km/h easy. Question is how safe are they at those speeds and how safe it will be if you have to emergency brake or swerve suddenly. I also did around 210km/h in my old 2005 Accord 2.4. All it took was guts as car was quite floaty at that speed. Luckily no idiot suddenly swerved into my path or no dog was crossing the highway. If I had to swerve or brake at that speed, I probably would not be here now writing this.

My 530 feels more stable at those high speeds, but again, it's also due to your reflexes and reactions if something suddenly comes across your path. So while it's nice to compare high speeds and all, please do take safety as first consideration first.

Top Bottom