The E39 Dream!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

williest

Club Guest
Dear All,Would really like to have your honest feedback and thoughts on how you feel about your E39. I've been contemplating on getting one for the longest time and i need a little convincing before i take the dive.I would really like to know if it really gives you sheer pleasure and also if it has really made a hole in anybody's pocket with regards to maintaining the car. So far i have been reading almost every post on the e39 parts and maintenance thread and most are saying that they have spent a lot.Furthermore most of the E39's for sale now are manufactured year 00 and 01. That makes it an 8 or 9 year old car. So is it still really worth it to go for it?Your feedback on this would be much appreciated. Thanks.

its ok to seek input from others on the feel of driving the e39.

but i would suggest to go and test drive a few of the FOR SALE cars out there and judge for yourself.

its not a new car so you will definitely need to 'invest' to make the car to the perfect condition that it should be to enjoy driving it.

yes its not cheap but then if you are looking for cheap maintenance then maybe the e39 shouldnt be the car that you are looking at.

having said that u can also purchase used items for non-critical components to make it easier on the pocket.

go for the the newest car possible and also with an excellent service record then u know the owner didnt cut corners in maintaining the car.

So is it still really worth it to go for it?

well, name me a car which you can get at the same price with the performance of the e39........

i wish i could have one also..

Test drive it yourself.. Give your opinion and we can comment..

Cheers

I have recently bought an E39, let my friend (who is Japanese car supportable all the while) to test drive for 10 mins. He come back to me says Great car and he immediately wanted to buy e39 as well. Try it out yourself and decide for it..

t2ribena;436951 said:
some say it is more balanced and nicer to drive than e60...

Wei wei .....Mr Tiong, some say E60 can makan Evo for Dinner..........E39 cannot.

williest;436924 said:
Dear All,

Would really like to have your honest feedback and thoughts on how you feel about your E39. I've been contemplating on getting one for the longest time and i need a little convincing before i take the dive.

I would really like to know if it really gives you sheer pleasure and also if it has really made a hole in anybody's pocket with regards to maintaining the car. So far i have been reading almost every post on the e39 parts and maintenance thread and most are saying that they have spent a lot.

Furthermore most of the E39's for sale now are manufactured year 00 and 01. That makes it an 8 or 9 year old car. So is it still really worth it to go for it?

Your feedback on this would be much appreciated. Thanks.

It's rated Best Used car in the world

been using e39 for the last few months... it's really the best used car. NO regret of buying it. FYI i'm ex camry owner

kennykhow;437139 said:
been using e39 for the last few months... it's really the best used car. NO regret of buying it. FYI i'm ex camry owner

Ya also really Banyak Makan Wang car:listen: But the driving experience is priceless:top:

Thank you all for your input.
Forgive me if this may sound like a stupid question but is anyone using their e39 as a family car with a baby seat installed. Is it still roomy after adding on the baby seat?

williest;437321 said:
Thank you all for your input.
Forgive me if this may sound like a stupid question but is anyone using their e39 as a family car with a baby seat installed. Is it still roomy after adding on the baby seat?
Yes, adequate space even with the baby seat installed. There are still room for 2 adults in the rear. Cabin size is about the Proton Perdana's.

The E39 is the only car that made me changed my mind from buying a brand new Accord 2.4. After being poisoned by a fellow forumer nazrie, I decided to put on my deposit in less than an hour after I test drove 2 E39s. Initially I felt like an idiot for trusting that 5-year-old car rather than a brand new Accord. Furthermore, I think my decision was based on the way he threatened me - "If you don't buy this car, I am going to buy this car". From that point onwards, I think I got to thank him and I never looked at the Accord. Thank you Nazrie, thank you Nazrie. First impression on the Malaysian Autobahn gave me the feeling as if the car was tracking on rails! It was not even a train. The steering was so accurate and precise. My E39 is like Megan Fox. What else can I say? Thank you Nazrie, thank you Nazrie. There's a lot of other beauties out there but it is not easy to part with my E39.
Burn a hole in the pocket? Of course. This is a second hand car. It supposed to burn a hole. But the biggest hole was caused by an ABS module which cost me RM2000 on a single item. Other than that, I didn't even notice the hole. Still undecided? Just consider this. Would you rather buy a used Audi A6, a used Mercedes W210 or a used E39. I still believe E39 is still cheaper to maintain.

& I've met few E39 owner regretted upgrading to E60:listen:
For me even if I buy E60 in future, I still keep my E39 as it was rated best sedan in the world. Dun think too much but no rush in getting one:top:

Williest

On another note, No way in blue's hell is any of us here is going to tell you to buy any other car but THE E39. And there will NOT be any negetive feedback or advise from us because we will tell you to Get the E39 at all cause. Cause it a REALLY Awesome Machine. So awesome than some of us spend a fortune rebuilding it when it feels funny driving.

The thing about this machine is getting the right mechanic who knows every single inch of the machine from the nose going under the hood and thru the circuits, control unit etc.... and all the way to the tip of the tail pipe and who can also tell you that the emission that comes out of the tail pipe doesn't smell right when the engine is running.

The other thing is put aside RM1000 - RM1500 a month for preventive maintainence just in case never compromise on parts always go for Original certain parts you can go OEM. but get advise before going OEM.

Just my 2 cents.

... go for it, but make sure you know the history of the previous owner... or atleast u get the service history... the car as mentioned, was rated best sedan... it might be a little dated now compare to radical E60, but E39 is full of ald-school BMW charm and to some eyes has much a nicer interior.. the aren't cheap to run E39 but, price wise, now is probably the best time to buy one..

well, E60 is also another recent good car. If posible, u can read an article in the BMWCAR magazine, issue Feb 2009 about E60 vs E39. One of the tagline been highlighted; "the E39 was billed as the Best Car in the world. Is the E60 version a worthy successor to that title?"

dear fren, try to get a Total BMW magazine issue April 2009, and read article about the E39 buying guide..

good luck

Yeah and I've been eyeing E39 myself. But if the hole is part of your concern, I heard the 1st model that fitted with upgraded E34 engine is worth the buy i.e. Year 99 and below. It will burn smaller hole compare to the newer ones as the newer version parts are more sensitive to wear and tear.

To E39 owners, please verify.

To answer your second question. Don't worry about asking silly question it's understandable as you are about to make a huge invetment.

I have a 2 year old daughter and my car is lowered with Bilsteins B12 and 18" wheels. to her for a drive to Lumut and she slept all the way to Sitiawan.

Another advise is before you buy the Car. Please Get hold of the Chasis No. and do a check first for exact year of manufacture and model. To check these details go to www.bmwfans.org or www.realoem.com. and key the last 7 digits of the no at the link above.
Please, Please, Please do this step FIRST before you pay a single cent of deposit for the car.

Please update us. We are all ears.

hi bro,

I am the owner of E39, 525i 2002 UK spec that just bought 2months ago. enjoying every single moment with the car. b4 acquiring this, i am considering either 2005 2.4 accord and 2002-2003 C180/200k.test drove the both and lastly try out e39and pay the deposit when out from the car...hehe.:top:

as per all the sifus advised, go for a mint condition one (so that your "banyak makan wang" won't burn your pocket with a big hole), you won't regret as it was a driver's car and enjoy every moment of it.....

not yet have my 1st service and I am planning for a semi synthetic Motul 10w40 and will cost me about RM400 with the air/oil filter and other regular item for every 5,000kms.maybe a bit higher that japanese exec sedan, but when u floor the pedal.........hehe, priceless:listen:

also, your passenger will be very enjoy while sitting front passenger sit or rear sit...my real experience : owner of the latest Accord cry for the comfort for her car when sit in my car as a rear passenger:wink:

waiting for your good news and hope you can find your dream lover:love:

Top Bottom