My E39... Sighhhh....

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Creazee;671720 said:
I was (think still am) on the same boat with you... got my UDM last year and the following is my list of things changed/repaired:-

a) G/B rebuilt (within 2 months)
b) Radiator + water pump (within 5 months);
c) Front absorber + ball joints (within 5 months);
d) A/C resistor (within 9 months - ordered parts and will attempt to DIY)
e) Wheel Speed Sensor changed but later found out it was ASB Module (will sent it for repair soon)
e) misc.....

BUT i can say the comfort and feeling of my ride improved tremendously and i cant get it from my previous cars... your call bro.

it look like your car have done more than mine. i also had my Gearbox rebuit (within 1 1/2 year of ownership) plus water pump (replced twice !) 4pcs of absorber and ball join also my DIN88 battery ! added up it cost a boom !!!

gOdspEed;672060 said:
if tarak kacau... leave her alone looorrr.... hehehe

ya lo, that is what i am thinking so. you know la, sometime our hand really gatal. haha

I feel you bro.
Everyday I'm thinking of getting a kancil just for rainy days ahead

Hi all...

Sad to say that the car is STILL sitting in the bloody workshop, engine still inside and no light at the end of this tunnel...

The workshop promised to get it done by end of the week... this week. So i don't know what to make of it. Please don't send your cars here... at least until i get mine fixed. Don't get me wrong, he is good but he is undermanned. Anybody knows if Heritage is good, or where else?

The M54B25 will have to wait. This is a company car, so i don't want my director to screw me on another issue. He is already pissed that i got a 2nd hand car instead of new... Btw, is there a TUB model for the engines?

Evertime i see a new camry on the road, my wife, mother, etc will ask me the million dollar question... "whu u didn't get a new car....??"

But to all the bros and sis who kena the bmw racun, u understand why, right?

Will update you guys on the repair works.

Pics of my ride... the e34 was the 1st but got itchy. Having anothercar with same number also helped to finalise the decision quickly. sold the e34 at a loss cos was worried about it's maintainence. That car was in best condition.. sighhh... then the camry was for comparison. It is a handsome car, but rather bland inside. The 850i is ultimate show car cos of it's rareity (was at WP's workshop).. Even rarer than ferraris eh? kesian the car tho.. must have seen better days..

View attachment 20556View attachment 20555View attachment 20557

i forgot to up date y'all... this is about 2 months after getting back the car...
Everything back to normal and cost of all the headache is close to about 20K.. just to get things the way they were.
According to the mech, this car was overhauled before and the previous mechanics installed the piston rings UPSIDE DOWN!!
Makes me wonder what else is there about the car that i still haven't seen.

But all in all, the car feels good and nice to drive. My friend changed cars with me for a month (i drove his rexton 2) and he had to get the
cooling coil replaced for me. I still dont knot how much.

Thing is that after driving a light as feather steering, i still can't get used to driving a stiffer steering now. But the firmness of the beemer is much
better than the rexton's.. really.. Felt like i was driving a luxurious lorry but that was that. Of course, diesel saves $$ and the same milage costs
RM 40 less per tankful.

Anyway, thanks for all the feedback. I am looking for an e34 to play with now. Regret that i sold off my earlier e34... :(

kian_e34,

SO, what have you done to the car? B25 or B22 or ?

nope.. still maintain the old engine, B22... Wish i was bolder to go and play with new
engine but i am not that daring..

BUT NOW... looking for a 1JZ or 2JZ souped up e34 or e36 to play play....

Muahahahahaha.....:rock:

kian_e34;709199 said:
nope.. still maintain the old engine, B22... Wish i was bolder to go and play with new
engine but i am not that daring..

BUT NOW... looking for a 1JZ or 2JZ souped up e34 or e36 to play play....

Muahahahahaha.....:rock:

Which is very very (to me) soo bizarre..sorry no offence. I just prefer BMW engines..no matter how old.

yes.. i would love to have mine as original as possible but there are 2 things that are keeping me worried...

1) spare parts for the respective engine and the cost of getting them
2) with a similar capacity engine i can get more bang per litre (turbo charged)

but there is the big issue about purity (of design) and workmanship that leaves a lot to be thought out.
Anyway, that's just wishful thinking.. doubt i can afforf those being sold out there... Wayyyy out of my budget.

Hi all... Sorry for thelong absense. Thanks to bro Michael, he introd me to his mechanic and now i understand my UDM better. However, it is not cheap and it is not a finality in the maintainence issue. After the last engine overhaul work, i was happy driving it around again.... and then the air cond started to give problems. Started as a compressor issue (got a used unit by my mech) then to cooling coil (changed in JB) and then compressor again (changed to new unit at Naidu's) and then cooling coil replaced again. (claim warranty, eventho it was > 6 months after change). In the between time, there was
a) radiator expansion tank leak,
b) replace all bushes and rods at front, (no budget for the rear)
c) got a set of 2nd hand conti premium contact 2's,
d) changed air flow distribution throttle at air intake,
e) changed outlet manifold gasket and pastic bits,
f) found out my car had electronic modules from different cars except for the main ECU,
g)

And now i got the car back after air cond cooling coil replacement, found there is water leak inside the car. The
air cond shop owner didnt check his workers' work and simply hantam balik the dashboard. Adding salt to injury,
the key couldn't come out from the keyhole and the gear will not move out from "P"... Something they must have
let loose when they were dismantling the dashboard... Arrrrghh.
Problem NOT solved but will have to send the car in for about a week to get the mechanic to check the whole thing
later on...

Top Bottom