Stolen E60, WNG 888

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
DMeNS;309550 said:
Hmm.....I heard its not so easy to steal bimmers unless they hijack you. I was hijacked for my dad's Lexus 4x4 LX470 few months back...in sarawak though. I might have to keep more alert for my bimmers since i experienced once with a nice rambo knife on your tummy. Hijack is a diff story, i just wanna know tat actually they can steal your car without the key? Immobilizer doesnt work? Just to confirm or i really have to get a GSp tracking system or something.

All the incidences I have heard of involving newer BMWs involved car-jacking i.e. people were robbed of the keys! So, the experience is traumatic!

read the newspaper the other day. 3 guys use the latest 525 sport to rob the bank. man ....

keeekeee;309628 said:
read the newspaper the other day. 3 guys use the latest 525 sport to rob the bank. man ....

If that is their purpose, time to mod your car kaw kaw so that its so bling bling to catch so much attention, that the robbers dun wanna steal it for a getaway car hehe..

Juan Powerblow;309561 said:
All the incidences I have heard of involving newer BMWs involved car-jacking i.e. people were robbed of the keys! So, the experience is traumatic!

Guys ....'touchwood':63: ..should they jack your car, don't :fight: . It's not worth it. I know you love your ride...spent your hard earned $$$$ buying and then pimping it but nothing is more valuable than your or your family's life.

Also do not wish to be the one to burst your bubbles, with regards to hi-tech security gadgets, imagine this....pay $$$$ for system.....car get jacked.... immobilised.....angry jacker.....damage car interior/exterior......car recovered....no insurance payment :20: pay for own repairs, get the picture?!. In conclusion, get a good insurance company. Just my 2 cents worth.

Got bullet proof RFT, perfect for these "projects"... that's why our ride is ideal.. :(

hm....pretty true that carjacking is a problem now. They no longer steal the car, but they ROB u for your car. That's the saddening part. I was pretty pissed with carjackers when they demand your key from you with some weapon close to you. Thats true you dun argue or fight with them. Watever they want just give it to them and make a police report after that. Thats the smartest way to do in order for you to live another day and own a better bimmer in the future!

I wish its that simple...

They will take you along too and dump u in the middle of an estate, rob your mobile phone and wallet, with no access for telecommunication service or equipment to give them ample time to dissect the car... :(

They also worry u have Captor ma... one phone call can stall the car le !!

Yea...try to nego with them in a nice way to let you go....just agree to giv them your car...most importantly...tok nicely and try not to raise your voice, that might hit their nerve and get hard on you.

CAPTOR Retail Sdn Bhd
11-2 (2nd Floor) Plaza Prismaville
Jalan 19/70A, Desa Sri Hartamas
50480 Kuala Lumpur
Selangor

Tel: 03-6201 3337
email: customerservice@netstar.com.my
URL: www.captor.com.my

Anybody care to organise a trip there to check it out?

Meanwhile, I will try to get some information on the ultra expensive Cobra system where u can remotely lock/unlock car, start/stop engine, control speed limit using mobile phone and set geographical perimeter for your car so the moment the car steps out of your Taman, engine dies... or blow the car into pieces.. ur choice.. :D

I think we wait for Captor people introduction. They are pioneer in this business and they should have covered every angle. About the warranty side concern we can invite also few reps from BMW for this introduction. So he or she can gives us clear picture.

I think. To see the list of E9x is not that many. If we organize monthly TT and got to know each other well, we can cover each other out there (a BIG Malaysia E9x family laa:top: ), at least. (Next TT I come hehehe no FFK:cool: )

On the point of (giveaway) your car when any of us in that situation is the right thing to do but it makes us an easy target by them. We also cannot fight with them. Chicken and eggs situation. But we ramai2 do something cover each other. Those bastard will think twice.

Astroboy, lets invite them officially by BMW Club Malaysia. That will carry weight. Let get their management people to introduce their solution all of us. better package perhaps and serious commitment.

velocity;309877 said:
Astroboy, lets invite them officially by BMW Club Malaysia. That will carry weight. Let get their management people to introduce their solution all of us. better package perhaps and serious commitment.

True but I think they have more important things to do and we forumer too can help out and seriously, I will only trouble the committee only when necessary. Nobody is stopping the forumer from contributing to the club ma.

"ALL for CLUB, CLUB for ALL"

Captor

keeekeee;309335 said:
may i know will we void the car warranty after install captor ??

I have installed my 525 with captor. They can only installed tracking device but not the immobiliser as this will affect car system esp when you send for service.

The other suggestion is to sand blast car registration number or chassis no on your windscreen.

I am looking for accessories shop that can sand blast chassis no (letters are smaller) as I always keep my car registration number when I change new car.

nazliimm;309943 said:
I have installed my 525 with captor. They can only installed tracking device but not the immobiliser as this will affect car system esp when you send for service.

The other suggestion is to sand blast car registration number or chassis no on your windscreen.

I am looking for accessories shop that can sand blast chassis no (letters are smaller) as I always keep my car registration number when I change new car.

ohh yeah... keep tracking device as low profile as possible. cannot let wife know this loh. later can call captor to find where we were. Said in JB but in Condo here in KL... hehehe.
To some who dont mind. just ignore this.

wahaha..velocity...my bro!!! Never let ur wife or gf knew where u go..^^
Just a reminder, some tracking device or alarm system will void the factory warrenty of your vehicle! I've checkted this with AutoBavaria before and this definately will void your warrenty and until now I have to install any of them!

astroboy;309760 said:
I wish its that simple...

They will take you along too and dump u in the middle of an estate, rob your mobile phone and wallet, with no access for telecommunication service or equipment to give them ample time to dissect the car... :(

They also worry u have Captor ma... one phone call can stall the car le !!

so scary.. :(

Maybe you should ask your friend to organise own housing area's zone security. If don't have a RA (Residents Association), form one and encourage all the houses to participate, it works out something like RM60 per month per household (in my housing area), now with about 120 houses participated (there are about 200 houses in my zone), and managed to get a very professional security guards contractor to provide the 24/7 security service. We've even got a proper security guard "pondok" for the main entrance to our zone. Times have changed in Malaysia, and sad to say, the Police seems to be fighting a losing battle against these type of crimes (robbing, stealing, thefts) to home owners. In regards to our current fed govt leadership, "no eye see" lah.

Top Bottom