buy e60 now or wait for F10?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
The New 5.....F10

Was at AB Glenmarie just last week and the new F10 will arrive in May/June 2010........The car looks like a smaller version of the new 7 series..........2 models to start with..........

The Meaner Beast......E60

thule;489413 said:
My humble opinion... it was love at first sight for me ever since I laid my eyes on E60 in 2003... back then I was still driving a Satria and couldn't afford the UDM. I told myself to work very hard to get my hands on the dream machines.
Of course the F10 will have many improvements compared to the current E60... no doubt on that but then I still think E60 is a meaner looking beast compared to the milder F10. It's a matter of preference... just like many forumers vouch for E39 than E60, as they never really like Chris Bangle's flame surfacing or BAngle Butt... it's that simple.
me??? Die die also go for E60...

Bro Thule,

I do agree with you that the current E60 5 series has got it's charms comparing with the new F10........I was tail gated many times during the late evenings by 525iss and they are really sexy!!!!!!.........end of the day, the E60 still has it's own character.......just my 2 cents.........:top::top:

stanleycck;489433 said:
Bro Thule,

I do agree with you that the current E60 5 series has got it's charms comparing with the new F10........I was tail gated many times during the late evenings by 525iss and they are really sexy!!!!!!.........end of the day, the E60 still has it's own character.......just my 2 cents.........:top::top:

:D you sure that you weren't tailgated by me??? Just kidding bro :D

stanleycck;489430 said:
Was at AB Glenmarie just last week and the new F10 will arrive in May/June 2010........The car looks like a smaller version of the new 7 series..........2 models to start with..........

that's not too long from now. i am sure both will be CBU specs ---> expensive. I prefer to wait for the latter batch by early 2011...maybe CKD specs will be rolled-out by then. New models would have their own sets of problems.

I would go for 525 m-sports for that price and then change to F10 after 2 years...my 2 cents.

safri;489697 said:
that's not too long from now. i am sure both will be CBU specs ---> expensive. I prefer to wait for the latter batch by early 2011...maybe CKD specs will be rolled-out by then. New models would have their own sets of problems.

I would go for 525 m-sports for that price and then change to F10 after 2 years...my 2 cents.

Agree with Safri. New models coming up sure got problem one. That's for sure. Engine auto shutdown, more ECU reprogramme, more sensors need coding as well, that's for sure too. I would say after two years of lauching would be a good time to buy one. Let BMW iron out these issues first.

Just call my sales guy. He say F10 will lunch in May 2 model CBU 523i and 535i. price for the 523 is RM400++ and the 535 is RM550 +-

darrenthesaint83;489816 said:
Just call my sales guy. He say F10 will lunch in May 2 model CBU 523i and 535i. price for the 523 is RM400++ and the 535 is RM550 +-

Those are CBU prices.. wait till the SKD unit coming out of Kulim.. u will be likely to save 20%.. ETA 1 more year to go after launch.. :rolleyes:

funfer_fahrer;489731 said:
Agree with Safri. New models coming up sure got problem one. That's for sure. Engine auto shutdown, more ECU reprogramme, more sensors need coding as well, that's for sure too. I would say after two years of lauching would be a good time to buy one. Let BMW iron out these issues first.

I agree with u on this bro... After 2 years then i buy one.... cheers!

Yeh those lunching in May are CBU model, but i reckon SKD will only be 523i and 528i and the 535i will still remain CBU, as it might be from Thailand plant.

Right... so better get the e60 now and later if really like the F10, swap the e60 with it after two years. I think it makes a lot of sense.

If me, I will wait for 535i (3.0L twin turbo engine same as X6 & 335i Coupe) coz has been around 2 yrs on the road rather than the new 523i or 525i. But the time F10 arrive, I will change my mind again from new 535i to current M5 coz the price sure around RM400K++

Just go get the e60 for rm36+k and enjoy it for a year before you decide to get the f10.

I may be biased coz I am driving 525i M Sports. But from the exterior look, 525 is better than F10.

If you can wait for another 6 months, I would advise you to wait for another 1 year. New improved version will come in soon.

Z4 was launched in June 2009, and now the new Z4 version, Z4 35is, with better engine and look came out. Just bought one 3 months ago, and I should wait for new Z4 model. But, on second thought, I still like the current Z4 model coz of my budget.

c-square;488685 said:
Guys, just wanted to hear your opinion on whether to buy the e60 now or wait six months later to get the all new F10. As you well aware, we can now purchase a new e60 525i M-Sport (pre-reg in 2009, zero mileage) at RM367k which is about RM45k cheaper than the original retail price.

So, the question is that is it worthwhile to buy the 525 M-sport now or wait a little longer to buy F10 523i which I was told should be priced around the RM360k-RM380k range? Assuming the expected price for the 523 F10 model is true, I will need to compare the current e60 525 M-sport against the basic F10 523 model. How much more technology advancement will the engine of the basic F10 523 model be compared to the e60 525 M-sport model? Will the basic F10 523 justify you forgoing the fully loaded e60 525 M-sport?

Also, based on your experience how much the current e60 models will depreciate when the new F10 model is being introduced?

Hi

My personal take is for the e60. Some how, it looks sharper to me.

I say if you planning to chage your car 24 to 36 months get the e60 now, If you hold your car longer wait. Usually technology leap year on year not that big. F10 you will get electronics hand brake, same idrive and others i assume.

Will they come wit blind spot monitor, doze off sensor and regenerative brake and 4wheel steering?

Say, the price of the 2007 e60 525i M-Sports for a local CKD pre-owned unit is the same as that of a re-conditioned Jap unit. Which one would be advisable for purchase? We all know that for Japan recond cars, the CCC module doesn't work fully here so need to change the entire unit. The positive side of it is that these Japanese recond units typically come with very low mileage. As for the local CKD cars, I don't know the history of the car and are of a higher mileage. So my guess is that I have to be prepared for spending more on wear-and-tear.

Agree :top: Japanese specs normally are low in mileage and relatively new... but if you are those who love to listen to radio while driving, then you might have to change the CCC.

But if you manage to secure a local CKD with full service history (believe me.. some owners go to that extent including me :D). It's a matter of luck here... if the previous owner is careful and loves his ride, then u r in luck!

c-square;504840 said:
Say, the price of the 2007 e60 525i M-Sports for a local CKD pre-owned unit is the same as that of a re-conditioned Jap unit. Which one would be advisable for purchase? We all know that for Japan recond cars, the CCC module doesn't work fully here so need to change the entire unit. The positive side of it is that these Japanese recond units typically come with very low mileage. As for the local CKD cars, I don't know the history of the car and are of a higher mileage. So my guess is that I have to be prepared for spending more on wear-and-tear.

Top Bottom