steering rack rosak !!!!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
limky0424;818491 said:
Is anyone encounter these sterring rack problems with f30 cbu, coz I just can't confirm how did the sound like, and only hear the sound when reverse?

If you suspect something is not right, send your car back to the service centre so they can rectify the problem for you. Isn't it that's what the service centre should do?

just change my steering rack
the sound during going over bumps is still there,
but when on uneven road and also reverse, the feeling on the steering of something lose is gone.

so ... go back to your SC, demand for a change!!

Guys, please check if your SC did change the steering rack as claimed. Maybe they just tighten the joints

ronaldindin;819032 said:
knocking sound when driving on uneven road. when you're turning or just drive straight?

Both. More prevalent when turning.

splee;819033 said:
Both. More prevalent when turning.

Try driving up to Camerons on the old road, where e
very turn has ruts in the road...it will drive you up the walls.

Looks like the "thud" sound is still present after changing to the so-called revised steering rack. Anyone else who is fortunate enough to have eliminated the sound alltogether? I have been living with these irritating noise (together with the loose feeling on the steering) when going over bumps since day one and my SC kept telling me that they are still monitoring/observing the effectiveness of the so-called new steering rack to see whether it is a permanent fix before calling me in to have mine changed. I have been waiting and waiting and my patience is running low.....Arghhhh

c-square;819115 said:
Looks like the "thud" sound is still present after changing to the so-called revised steering rack. Anyone else who is fortunate enough to have eliminated the sound alltogether? I have been living with these irritating noise (together with the loose feeling on the steering) when going over bumps since day one and my SC kept telling me that they are still monitoring/observing the effectiveness of the so-called new steering rack to see whether it is a permanent fix before calling me in to have mine changed. I have been waiting and waiting and my patience is running low.....Arghhhh

You should have kept your GOLD HONDA ACCORD la! No such nonsense right? LOL!

my sterring rack been changed for 2 times and knocking sound still there.. AB said need to wait for another upgrade steering rack... what the hack.. poor bmw machine even the car is powerfull...

fj.sham;819257 said:
my sterring rack been changed for 2 times and knocking sound still there.. AB said need to wait for another upgrade steering rack... what the hack.. poor bmw machine even the car is powerfull...
bro u mean ur changed was an upgrade n there's another upgrade??? When will the upgrades stop......

Most likely they use the same old version like your original version when they replaced it. So that's why the sound still there.

It's clear the revised rack has not fixed the issue with the knocking noise, mine (delivered march 2013) supposedly has the revised rack but making noise since day one. So I will wait, there's no guarantee that the next revision will fix the issue either, welcome to the wonderful world of BMW ownership.

I think most BMW engineers are busy working on their 4-series and 2-series models. No one left to fix our problem :(

tIANcI;819125 said:
You should have kept your GOLD HONDA ACCORD la! No such nonsense right? LOL!
Ya lah, Wilson...gold coloured cars are the best! Should have chosen gold colour when I bought the f30. Damn!

The F30 steering issue has no solution yet. They are only replacing with new parts without knowing what is the real issue. This was stated by some BMW SC guys. So don't worry. It's the Ultimste Driving Machine. Just ignore it and enjoy owning such and amazing vehicle. :)

Cedric ... Only with a gold car baru ada class laaaaaa

i have just checked with Quill SC, all steering rack replacement is on hold until BMW rectifies the steering rack issue..... Maybe they will do a recall.... :p

tIANci is right, there is still no permanent solution from BMW AG yet. Don't know why it takes them so long trying to rectify this problem. Maybe their priority lies in dedicating their time towards other (more expensive?) models. I spoke to the technical advisor and he mentioned that the f30 steering rack assembly is the dry type as opposed to the ones used before which i filled with oil. I am not techincal to fully understand what he was saying though. He said the new revised version currently is an improved version but admitted that the thud sound is still there albeit more muted but the freeplay feeling has been eliminated. Anyway, i told him to log in my request order because I want it changed regardless as I am getting increasingly annoyed with the noise and freeplay and have been living with this "torn in my flesh" since the day I got my car which is about 9 months already.

tIANcI;822473 said:
csquare ... Golden Honda Accord better no?
Oh, definitely BETTER....gold coloured cars sure no problems wan, regardless of type or model. Hmm, I think I'll go paint my current wheels GOLD. How tIANci, sui boh? Haha

Top Bottom