steering rack rosak !!!!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I have the same problem with my old Altis, the workshop is unable to find the root cause and I have been with this for the past 7 years, after that sold off the car.

KengKok;846727 said:
2 weeks back when send in for unscheduled oil change complained of the occasional "clunk" sound on the right front over uneven road surface while turning. They said tighten some spindle to steering assembly and check if there is still sound coming from. So far not heard. One thing though the steering is a lot more tight feel now.
Bro..which service center u go?
TQ.

c-square;837135 said:
Apparently even with the latest update of the steering rack (version 7) there is still some sound, albeit more muted. Quill tweaked and fiddled around with my original steering rack and the sound appears to have gone. Don't know what they did, though.

Yeah, mine aso Quill did that...it has gone for now and no more annoying 'clunking' sound when hitting hump while cornering left...
but now got another issue...intermittent weird noise (like a a solenoid/ electrical switch activation) from the front/ engine area when i unlock the car or open the door or close the rear trunk (something to do with switch activation i guess) since they fixed the steering rack as well as update the software..bugger!
re-send for them to fix it...but they dint found it as it was itermeintent.. i didnt manage to simulate it too

Fredo;846868 said:
Yeah, mine aso Quill did that...it has gone for now and no more annoying 'clunking' sound when hitting hump while cornering left...
but now got another issue...intermittent weird noise (like a a solenoid/ electrical switch activation) from the front/ engine area when i unlock the car or open the door or close the rear trunk (something to do with switch activation i guess) since they fixed the steering rack as well as update the software..bugger!
re-send for them to fix it...but they dint found it as it was itermeintent.. i didnt manage to simulate it too

Fredo,
Looks like kita sama-sama have the same issues to deal with. I also experienced the occasional quirky "winding" sound which I'm at my wits end trying to ascertain the source.

- - - Updated - - -

Fredo;846868 said:

Fredo,
Looks like kita sama-sama have the same issues to deal with. I also experienced the occasional quirky "winding" sound which I'm at my wits end trying to ascertain the source.

Guys, though I have my steering rack changed twice, the sound still there but not so loud anymore. Another thing i notice when cleaning my steering is that: when you try to turn it (with engine shut off) left and right a little bit, it seems to be making the noise. To me, its the easiest way to simulate the noise. Can anyone of you verify that it also happens to your F30?

TheTinkerer;846938 said:
Guys, though I have my steering rack changed twice, the sound still there but not so loud anymore. Another thing i notice when cleaning my steering is that: when you try to turn it (with engine shut off) left and right a little bit, it seems to be making the noise. To me, its the easiest way to simulate the noise. Can anyone of you verify that it also happens to your F30?

I have changed my steering rack too and the klok klok sound has reduced but still there. And I have the same sound when turning my steering with engine is switch off. Looks like we have the same issue. I plan to bring this up during my next service appointment. Please update if you found a solution.

c-square;846910 said:
Fredo,

hahahaaa... i bet every f30 owners have their fair share of the ownership experience... i malas wanna go there oredi, maybe will ask them to check again on next service

- - - Updated - - -

c-square;846910 said:
Fredo,

hahahaaa... i bet every f30 owners have their fair share of the ownership experience... i malas wanna go there oredi, maybe will ask them to check again on next service

KengKok;847023 said:
Auto Bavaria Jalan Tun Razak
ok tq.

I bought my car at AB sungai besi. Can go AB Jalan Tun Razak to fix the problem??

- - - Updated - - -

KengKok;847023 said:
Auto Bavaria Jalan Tun Razak
ok tq.

I bought my car at AB sungai besi. Can go AB Jalan Tun Razak to fix the problem??

simonyap;847170 said:
ok tq.

- - - Updated - - -

ok tq.

Of course you can. Any sc can do.

Top Bottom