She's a beauty. Can see can touch. LoL

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
this just arrived yesterday. delivery very fast only a week from US to here. plan to diy tomorrow.

DSC_1208.jpg

wingzee;803675 said:
Is that the CCV bro? Why you got it imported instead of buying locally?
yup its the ccv with the complete 4 hoses. no special reason bro, just a little cost savings.

I need some guidance on DIY cleaning of my ICV. When can I pay you a visit? Haha

wingzee;803944 said:
I need some guidance on DIY cleaning of my ICV. When can I pay you a visit? Haha

wingzee, here is a good video clip show how to clean the ICV and at the same time clean your Throttle Body too :

[video=youtube;o-7keth6soE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-7keth6soE[/video]

Fyi i just try diy it cause my ride having quite high on the FC recently and sometimes my car engine will jerking and the RPM go down & up(fluctuation) even sometime the engine almost died off especially while stop on traffic light.
The problem was this diy job show on the video was not easy.. it might be my poor handy on the diy LOL...
Fyi I was stuck on the video show on time 12:57 to 13:01
Screenshot_65.png

which i couldn't take out the elbow which attached to the Throttle Body as shown pic below
Screenshot_66.png

Bro huskar3399 might be good in diy and hope he can guide on that step which i was stuck.

Anywhere wishing you good luck on this diy brother.

wingzee;803944 said:
i don't think it's too hard because i also learned from videos in youtube. well, not for an e39 but no idea about e46. i understand your engine is same like mine m54b25. so correct tools like proper size of flat & torx screwdrivers are very much handy. maybe you can first ask your foreman the cost of cleaning the icv to check whether it is worth to diy.

Alex5522;804004 said:
Fyi i just try diy it cause my ride having quite high on the FC recently and sometimes my car engine will jerking and the RPM go down & up(fluctuation) even sometime the engine almost died off especially while stop on traffic light.
The problem was this diy job show on the video was not easy.. it might be my poor handy on the diy LOL...
Fyi I was stuck on the video show on time 12:57 to 13:01

Anywhere wishing you good luck on this diy brother.
so bro alex, what's the outcome. normally when icv is dirty the idling will be bad. looks like the symptom that you have suggests dirty icv is the culprit.

huskar3399;804076 said:
so bro alex, what's the outcome. normally when icv is dirty the idling will be bad. looks like the symptom that you have suggests dirty icv is the culprit.

No luck for me bro..since as i mentioned i can't get the lower elbow realest from the Throttle Body which i hv no tool to open the hose clamp no 4 as diagram below. This bloody hose clamp screw was hiding behind the elbow are really makes me frustrated.
MTg3OTdfcA==.png

Will send my car to my mechanic for the ICV cleaning and CCV check as well soon.

Btw bro..mind to share what's make you to change your CCV recently ?

Alex5522;804139 said:
No luck for me bro..since as i mentioned i can't get the lower elbow realest from the Throttle Body which i hv no tool to open the hose clamp no 4 as diagram below. This bloody hose clamp screw was hiding behind the elbow are really makes me frustrated.

Will send my car to my mechanic for the ICV cleaning and CCV check as well soon.

Btw bro..mind to share what's make you to change your CCV recently ?
it's true bro. the hardest part is loosen clamp no 4 because the screw head is hidden behind the hose. that took me most of the time & sweat. just use normal screwdriver if u dont have the special one, but that requires a lot of patience. if u manage to open it, bring the clamp head to front when u tighten it back.

i got a never ending CEL on my cluster. this is the latest thing i change due to the light after i changed several other things before including maf, ignition coils & pre cat o2 sensors. but unfortunately the CEL still come out!!! maybe i should get my cat and post cat sensors check as well.

just want to share the result of my FC after the CCV replacement. photo below was just taken at 6 pm today and the mileage shown represents returned trip from ulu kelang to FRIM via mrr2. passed over more than 10 humps, hiked bukit antarabangsa and traffic jam was mild on mrr2. for about 43km my FC is 9.9km/l which i think is an something and an improvement to me.

DSC_1279

during CNY celebration recently my angel eye went kaput on the left side. whenever i turn on the angel eye, the rings on the left do not light but instead the signal does. when i full rotate the light switch, my low beam works fine, the signal stop lighting and my angel eyes still do not work.

DSC_1234

i scanned LCM unit using bmw scanner 1.4 and below is the result. it says my light is not OK which i assume it's the angel eyes. my question is can it be fixed or i have to replace it with new rings? and who should i get in touch with?
lcm%2520livedata%252023feb.jpg

i also got error on LCM coded [070] sporadic error while controlling HVAC device. i clicked the "recoding" button and below appeared (2nd photo). i first thought mine is xenon but obviously it's not. and what does HVAC mean? is it the headlight adjuster?
lcm%2520error%252023feb2013.jpg

lcm%2520eo%2520level%2520can%2520on%252023feb2013_edit.jpg

also in LCM recoding window i found out that my oil level sensor boxes for CAN message and warning were unchecked. that might be the answer why previously i got error "[040]thermal oil level sensor defect" but my cluster does not show any sign. now the error is gone because i had replaced the sensor.
lcm%2520error%25203oct2012.jpg

Bro, the angel eyes you only need to replace the bulb not the whole ring. If you go to BA you will need to buy the whole bulb and bulb holder as it is sold as one piece, but actually you can find the bulb only and diy to change it amd reuse the old bulb holder.

HVAC is Headlight Vertical Aim Control.

haywire;808132 said:
Bro, the angel eyes you only need to replace the bulb not the whole ring. If you go to BA you will need to buy the whole bulb and bulb holder as it is sold as one piece, but actually you can find the bulb only and diy to change it amd reuse the old bulb holder.

HVAC is Headlight Vertical Aim Control.
thanks bro. can i know the bulb type?

yes that's what i understand by HVAC. but in lay man term is it the headlight adjuster? mine is manual i suppose because mine is ticked at 2nd box (see LCM recoding window attached). what about the automatic HVAC?

huskar3399;808176 said:
thanks bro. can i know the bulb type?

yes that's what i understand by HVAC. but in lay man term is it the headlight adjuster? mine is manual i suppose because mine is ticked at 2nd box (see LCM recoding window attached). what about the automatic HVAC?

Just checked my box of treasure and found one extra angeleyes bulb that i bought over two years ago:

8501623961_99e8380212_c.jpg

The HVAC is the adjuster motor system, not the normally broken manual screw headlight adjuster

haywire;808199 said:
Just checked my box of treasure and found one extra angeleyes bulb that i bought over two years ago:

The HVAC is the adjuster motor system, not the normally broken manual screw headlight adjuster
is it for sale? if not can i get the bulb type so can go jalan pasar buy. hehe.

today's afternoon at klcc parking, back to back with a black e60 malacca plate. wonder if the owner is also a forumer here.

DSC_1280.jpg

i recently fixed my rear door container. the cover did not properly close like it ideally should be. i disassembled the parts and found out the hinge slipped from its place. as a solution i inserted a bolt through the hinge to hold it to its location and it works like charm.

DSC_1288.jpg

also this morning my speedometer arrived all the way from Leeds. source ebay, shipping 1 week +. i had to replace my current one because it has faulty temperature needle.

the packaging
DSC_1293.jpg

DSC_1294.jpg

the cluster itself. it looks great like new even better than my current one. i am planning to replace it tonight.
DSC_1296.jpg

How i reprogrammed newly installed cluster on my e39

the other night i replaced my on board cluster with a used one bought from ebay. the cluster i understand was taken out from a manual 99 e39 523i which different from my auto 525i version. the part numbers are different between the two clusters but the sockets & pins look similar so i tried my luck.

the reason why i replaced my obc was mainly because the coolant temperature needle went bad.
new%2520and%2520old%2520clusters.jpg

so to cut the story short i am not going to share on how to change the cluster from A to Z, but i am going to share only on how i reprogrammed the obc to match my car using bmw scanner 1.4 software. below are the steps i did for reprogramming.

1. the first outcome after obc installation. for e39, the zcs data is kept in both ike & ews modules. the "dot" means the zcs data is conflicting between ike & ews and this can be rectified through reprogramming.
cluster%2520befor%2520reprogram.jpg

2. car information as shown by bmw scanner 1.4 software. note the differences between parameters of ike & ews. the zcs data are also different between the two.
05032013%2520car%2520info%2520before%2520reprogram.jpg

3. first step of reprograming. go to ike -> reprograming -> write fgstnr (it stands for Fahrgestellnummer meaning vin in english). note the fgstnr codes at the above, it still carries the old vin from the original car. a small box will appear to be filled with the desired/car vin. then click ok.
05032013%2520ike%2520write%2520fgstnr.jpg

4. this is what i got after the "write fgstnr" process. then fgstnr codes is now changed into my car vin. note that the mileage below still follows the old car and need to be corrected.
05032013%2520ike%2520fgstnr%2520written.jpg

5. next is to copy zcs data from ews to ike. zcs data contains full information about the car which can be categorized into 3 ie GM, SA and VN. go to ike -> reprograming -> copy zcs/fa coding -> select ews to ike. after the process completed, you will get matching information between ike & ews which previously were not on the car information page. plus the dot on the cluster will disappear.
05032013%2520ike%2520copy%2520zcs%2520fa%2520coding.jpg

05032013%2520ike%2520copy%2520zcs%2520fa%2520ews%2520to%2520ike.jpg

05032013%2520car%2520info%2520after%2520ike%2520reprogramming.jpg

cluster%2520after%2520reprogram.jpg

6. next is to write the odometer on the new ike to match your current reading under lcm. go to ike -> reprograming -> write odometer. please be reminded to enter the mileage in km despite the mileage on the cluster is in miles. after the process completed you will get the mileage corrected as desired.
05032013%2520lcm%2520errors%2520after%2520reprogram.jpg

05032013%2520ike%2520write%2520odometer.jpg

05032013%2520ike%2520write%2520odometer%25202.jpg

the mileage under ike is changed to follow lcm.
05032013%2520ike%2520write%2520odometer%25203.jpg

mileage%2520changed%2520follow%2520ews.jpg

7. next is to recode the additional functions on the cluster. go to ike -> coding data -> recoding. note that some parameters of the cluster still not updated like gearbox, can messaging etc.

before recoding
05032013%2520ike%2520recoding%2520before.jpg

after recoding
05032013%2520ike%2520recoding%2520after.jpg

k+dcan scanner

this just reached me today at the office

8552044834_9d0e9a9de9_z.jpg

8550935827_759df76247_z.jpg

now learning how to install it on windows 7 32bit. minta tunjuk ajar from sifu2.

Top Bottom