She's a beauty. Can see can touch. LoL

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Its a sign from the car gods... you need to go lower ;)

Kidding aside, lucky noting catastrophic happened..

Chrix;776027 said:
Its a sign from the car gods... you need to go lower ;)

Kidding aside, lucky noting catastrophic happened..
aha i dont think i'll go lower from what i have currently. i kinda like it. plus it's a family car after all. maybe just for now, not in future.

anaksarawak;775991 said:
how an original spring can break?

From the picture, its look like previous owner lower the car by api welding. Just extrem bakar few point till the besi turn to red. thats why tak tahan. I had this prob on my wira on the first time nak lowered kan kereta. Wang takda that time..hehehehe...

Mtigo;776732 said:
From the picture, its look like previous owner lower the car by api welding. Just extrem bakar few point till the besi turn to red. thats why tak tahan. I had this prob on my wira on the first time nak lowered kan kereta. Wang takda that time..hehehehe...
i dont think so because only one spring is broken whilst the other side still ok. let see how it goes in future. touch wood.

ariff habshi;776656 said:
Bro.. so which hose snapped??
if u recheck there's a picture where a hose hanging at the tire. mechanic says it might be the overflow hose or air induction hose (which i really no idea what it is)

aidilj;776738 said:
Bro, too much humping probably.. :vroam:
haha not for me bro. status is married with 2 kids. lol

today i got chance to play with door lock actuator on driver side. the reason was my door suddenly could not be lock/unlock from both inside and outside. so i made some searching on the internet, majority say faulty actuator is the culprit.

i did not have new actuator in hand but just for fun and to see what's happening on the inside of the actuator i took it out. it was not easy especially for a first timer like me. after the actuator was out i sprayed whatever mechanical connections that i could see using silicone spray with straw. i read it is not advisable to spray using wd40 because it will strip away existing lubricant there thus making the actuator more difficult to play.

i did not put so much hope the actuator is going to work like normal again so i just reinstalled. but somehow it worked just fine to lock and unlock the door. i don't understand how but i believe it is most likely because of the silicone lube that i sprayed. hopefully it will last long. touch wood. lol.

i used these 2 links as guidance.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=648959
http://tis.spaghetticoder.org/s/view.pl?1/01/23/46

the actuator is out
image%2520%25281%2529.jpeg

springs where i sprayed the silicone
image.jpeg

i also opened the panel of the rear door on driver side to get access to the faulty bin that attached to the door. it did not play and got stuck if opened. so i took that bin out and realized that the hinge is off track whenever opening or closing making the top lid stuck. so i took bolt & nut and tighten them to hold the hinge at its track. and it works like charm. i plan to do the same to the opposite door.

bin after mod
DSC_0844.jpg

also i found fungus at bottom of the door card. i believe it is because of water come inside but i just don't understand how and where from. maybe there's a seal missing somewhere?

fungus at door card. looks quite bad.
DSC_0839.jpg

got new key the other day. programmed by our infamous tweiboon. key can start car but no remote control. plan to add the remote once my remote receiver arrives.

remote receiver
DSC_0861.jpg

new key on the left, old one seems like mummy wrapped in black tape
DSC_1044.jpg

notice the "longkang" in the middle of the original key is more narrow than china made one. key cutter complained the same. he scared his cut will fail. luckily this time he succeed. paid rm40. shop at jalan ampang.

huskar3399;784971 said:
i also opened the panel of the rear door on driver side to get access to the faulty bin that attached to the door. it did not play and got stuck if opened. so i took that bin out and realized that the hinge is off track whenever opening or closing making the top lid stuck. so i took bolt & nut and tighten them to hold the hinge at its track. and it works like charm. i plan to do the same to the opposite door.

bin after mod
DSC_0844.jpg

also i found fungus at bottom of the door card. i believe it is because of water come inside but i just don't understand how and where from. maybe there's a seal missing somewhere?

fungus at door card. looks quite bad.
DSC_0839.jpg

Bro the fungus is caused by a failed vapour seal. Check on my thread on the fix, or google it

haywire;787874 said:
Bro the fungus is caused by a failed vapour seal. Check on my thread on the fix, or google it
i see. will check the tips. but first thing is to get my door opened then only other necessary things can be done. hehe.

yesterday my air filter arrived and replacement was done. can feel the car is more responsive now, power comes quicker. cheap mod, big impact.

DSC_1077.jpg

huskar3399;790178 said:
yesterday my air filter arrived and replacement was done. can feel the car is more responsive now, power comes quicker. cheap mod, big impact.

DSC_1077.jpg

Nice, brapa hinggit bro?

Responsive bcoz of wallet ringan sikit kot....butt dyno feels lighter :burnout:

Top Bottom