Service Interval for new E46

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

timlow

Club Guest
I am getting my E46 325i next week, i would like to ask gurus here how to mentain my baby in tip top condition. What is the mileage for first service ? and what should i change for first service ? Can I do my first service after reaching 25K ?

if u are getting it brand new, the reading on your meter cluster wud be programmed to show how many kms left between service intervals.. hope this helps

You should do a complete flush and change of your engine oil after the run in period of 2000kms.

Use Castrol- look at your oil cap, BMW reccommends it.

Other than that, just follow your onboard computer's advice like what adliz suggests.

Thank for the reply, got my bimmer 3 days ago, i hate most about BMW is to get out of it. BTW, wanted to know what oil AB put in new BM ? anyone know ?

Hi All,
They mechanic used to charge me RM168 for 4 litres of Shell Helix Utra fully synthetic. I am wondering where I can get a better price for it ?? By the way, is Castrol better for Bimmer compared to Shell or others?? Any comments from Sifus here !

Use only BMW LongLife-01 compliance Engine Oil.

AB is using Shell Helix Ultra AB.

Mobil Super Sync or Castrol SLX both comply with LL-01.

The service indicator only applies if you use the long-life blend and that's what AB is using. If you buy synthetic oil off the shelf, it may require more regular changes i.e. 10,000 kms. Since this is a new car, I suppose you would be sending it to AB for service in next 3 years to ensure warranty?

One of the OEM part supplier told me that original BMW engine oil is strongly recommended. And it cost RM32 per litre which works out to be RM 128 per 4 litre, much cheaper that Mobil 1 and Shell helix Ultra. I am wondering what oil is in it and anyone use it before and would really appreciate comments on the performance of this oil in BMW packaging !

Dude,

I would suggest you follow AB proposed service interval upto the expiry of the warranty period. After which, change synthetic oil every 10000 kms. Better for the car and peace of mind for the owner.

Takes me about 7-8 months to hit 10000 kms, good time to check all bushes, absorbers, etc to.

Look out for lower arm bushes, leaking engine block and oil filter cover seal, sometimes jerky gbox.

Other than that super car. Enjoy!

Romeo

Top Bottom