Ron 95 Or 97

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Schwepps;445954 said:
I haven't tried it myself, but I think it's to be expected as our engines are designed for 98 RON. Droppiing to 95 RON is going half way down the allowed range (98 to 91) so it's a substantial drop.

From Sept 1, filling up is going to cost us more, as 97 RON will not be subsidised and will float with the price of oil. It may even be taxed to recover some of the subsidy for 95 RON. :(

If you notice, all the hype and advertisement on the new ron 95 are misleading...if the govt tell the truth that the ron95 might not suitable for old car with carbon built up, or the 95 can reduce engine performance etc, then nobody would want to buy it.

Hehe.... "caveat emptor" or buyer beware.. :p

Try it and see if it suites your driving profile. Not everyone push their rpm into the reds. If u don't feel any difference, then congratulation, u get to run your bimmer cheaper than many of us.

The book says "can use", that means it won't spoil the engine. That's what matter. Nothing much to discuss about.

Let's talk about how to super charge our engine without damaging the engine.. :p

Definitely can use wan. Europe is mostly on 95 RON, including Germany. For normal daily city trotting, I don't think we'll feel any difference. How much can we accelerate between traffic lights, and how often can we go above 1,500rpm and 80kmh? But we are afficionados...or we wouldn't be here on the forum. :)

Enjoy the premium fuels now as its still subsidized. Come Jan 1, 2010 new NFS structure will kick in.

Schwepps;445977 said:
Definitely can use wan. Europe is mostly on 95 RON, including Germany. For normal daily city trotting, I don't think we'll feel any difference. How much can we accelerate between traffic lights, and how often can we go above 1,500rpm and 80kmh? But we are afficionados...or we wouldn't be here on the forum. :)

from my own experience, place like uk, they dont really appreciate their car even if its a beemer or a merc..its cheap and they trash it...so it is not a surprice if they use ron 92 or 95...

etquah..i still dont understand how u mix the 2 oil together.
u mean at the petrol station, u start filling in 1 type first 97..half way through, u fill in v-power? n that gave u the kick-in?
technically petrol wont mix right cos u didnt "stir" it ma...
OMG..am i making sense or just me...friday drunk already..

racheltoh;446036 said:
u mean at the petrol station, u start filling in 1 type first 97..half way through, u fill in v-power? n that gave u the kick-in?

Rachel, I did it in 2 occassions. Fill up Ron 97 1/2 tank, next day another 1/2 tank Ron 95. Not much different la. Save RM0.05 per litre. Thats all.:1:

racheltoh;446036 said:

If you drink half a glass of Hoegaarden White, and I come along and top up your glass with Hoegaarden Grand Cru, can you drink it or not? :D Like beer, petrols can be mixed easily. The base petrol is the same - 92, 95 and 97 RON are just different from the amount of anti-knock additive added. Base VPower may be slightly different in hydrocarbon structure, but not by much.

U can go pump either, full tank, use until half way mark, then fill her up again to get the whatever 50/50 mix u wish lo. U can even do 25/75 or 40/60 mix of your choice.. :wink:

Lead used to be added as anti-knocking agent, but was subsequently abandoned due to threat posed to environment. So they came up with this other non-lead additive to stabilize the fuel. Add more, cost more, more stabilize lo.

So 50/50 RON95/RON97 will give u RON96.50 loo... if my maths is correct.. :p

What etquah used wasn't RON95, but RON96.50.. :D

Minyak Cap Kapak + Kinyak Cap Helang = Minyak Cap Helang berKapak, also can cook, no need to stir.. :wink:

It's not that I want to kena you all the time, but 95+97 /2 = 96. Invest in a calculator bro. :D

racheltoh;446103 said:
extra virgin olive oil n knife cooking oil different lo...:d
tgif

Yes yes, olive oil is from olive ma.. we are talking about generic homogeneous product from the same source called "crude oil".. not oilve or palm or kacang.. :D

Only the anti-knock agent, different amount added.. :9:

So it's like beers of different alcohol percentage. Even Stout and Beer can add.. :p

In this case, it's like using a mix of extra virgin olive oil and no-longer virgin olive oil. :p Both also still olive oil. Can still cook with it.

Schwepps;446093 said:
It's not that I want to kena you all the time, but 95+97 /2 = 96. Invest in a calculator bro. :D

Good one Schwepps. By mixing save some RM...s too.

Bros, don't know why, but all 3 Shell stations (in and around PJ area) which I went to yesterday and today have a "pam rosak" sign on all their V-Power pumps. So, had to fill the green one.

Anyone else faced this? Perhaps, they are going to put in the RON95....

Top Bottom