rattling and vibrating issues

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Give us a report of what was done. Mine is going in tomorrow. My car will be a year old next month. Sob!!

I want an X1.

Hint: Hi Sweetie, are you reading this?

Hi Bro,

I truely understand your frustrations,i'm having the same probs as well.after sales bmw is sucks.i been trying to rectify ta same probs fro the past one year yet no solutions from bmw.finally i got to accept it that malaysian assembled bmw cars no quality.they compromise on quality and looking for more sales.

cheers

Which AB did you send it to?
Let us know if they could solve it once and for all.

AB at Glen- they said they would let me pick it up today, it is now 5pm, still no call....perhaps..they are having trouble "rectifying" the problem again

hcl;491850 said:
AB at Glen- they said they would let me pick it up today, it is now 5pm, still no call....perhaps..they are having trouble "rectifying" the problem again

maybe they run out of Teflon tape. :listen:

Just hope they dont use double-sided tap instead!
Got your car, HCL? Reporting time.

picked up car around 6pm, sounds seemed to have disappeared, however, front left door still had very minor sounds, and did not occur frequently. Overall satisfied for now, as I was before, just hope the sounds dont come back after 5 days. Cant really see where the teflon tape is, i looked at the rubber seals on the doors, and cant seem to find it. Anyone mind telling me where they install this tape ?

astroboy;491779 said:
Sweetie, you have a sister? :D

Sweetie has a brother. Very cute!! Haha......who drive a Quattroporte. You might have to move to Singapore and ahem, start batting for the other team? LOL...

On a more serious note, my car just back from AB Penang for several issues:

1. Creaks: New Teflon tape and application of a new silicon that BMW M'sia has started distributing to all SCs(Obviously the creaks are a common enough problem).

2. Poor FC: Updating to the latest software.

3. Lag in acceleration: Update of Software

3. Rattling Noise from Undercarriage: Re-locked the high pressure pipe for steering which had become loose.

Will monitor and see what happens next....

I took delivery of my 325 msport LCI last Thursday from AB Glenmarie and noticed sounds emiting from the back doors. It sounded like rubber rubbing against metal, which I guess is from the door panels. Will try WAXCO as advised and see the results.

Ruds;492610 said:
I took delivery of my 325 msport LCI last Thursday from AB Glenmarie and noticed sounds emiting from the back doors. It sounded like rubber rubbing against metal, which I guess is from the door panels. Will try WAXCO as advised and see the results.

Last week? Ask for another E90..

sharp, u got it, it is a crap car, my which was collected Tuesday evening with the second layer or teflon tape and so called rectifcation once again failed, today is Thursday and the sounds are back, not as bad but....its back

dun mind me saying this, but im paying a minimum entry level bmw, so i cant really expect that much out of it i guess
maybe a merc C class or audi A4 will have this issue as well, lucks plays a part when buying i guess

as most of us buy the car becos we love it, based on the looks priority( mostly, not all) and then the driving experience and so on

so have to give and take i guess?

Even the cheapest low-end car doesn't rattle. I don't think one should live with a flaw like that, and if it were me I would off-load it immediately and cut my losses. Just my opinion.

er.. well it depends, my msian brand car got rattles, but then again, i dunno how serious is hcl condition

but i know im not the type where after i buy something that cost few hundreds of ks, becos of that issue, i sell it immediately so that i could cut my losses earlier, maybe im still not there yet

sharp;492909 said:
dun mind me saying this, but im paying a minimum entry level bmw, so i cant really expect that much out of it i guess
maybe a merc C class or audi A4 will have this issue as well, lucks plays a part when buying i guess

as most of us buy the car becos we love it, based on the looks priority( mostly, not all) and then the driving experience and so on

so have to give and take i guess?

I heard Merz oso got similar problem. Not sure how true it is.
My e46 has it too, but applying leather conditioner on it every 2-3mths will solve the issue & it last that long on my car.(I apply leather conditioner at same period of time, so apply on leather then the door seal rubber)

I am not a beemer expert as I am driving my 1st beemer for about 7mths only. However, I guess a lot of us could be shifting from Japanese car & such rubber noise is very annoying, coz u hv never experience that before. Moreover, u would expect very quiet cabin like a lexus.

I agree, the door seal rubber issue is just lousy. But don't forget the precision of the door compare with your old ride.(at least my case) The door is close so tight. Once I was stupid enuf & slam a civic door(completely closed! Sorry guys, no offense) with one of my finger sandwiched, accidently of course. :stupid:Guess what, painful it is but ok, just the nail a bit painful for a couple of days. I was lucky that wasn't my beemer, I am pretty sure I will need to go to hospital if I did the same thing on my beemer.:eek:

Top Bottom