Question: Buying from BMW Premium Selection - 320D

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

duck

Club Guest
I am looking for a 320D and was quite interested in those offered in BMW Premium Selection. The new F30 is out of my budget. I have a few questions on buying from Premium Selection:1. Warranty - It says 5 years warranty, but is it from the date the car is registered or from the day I purchase it? I was told that for Pre-owned units, some only has 3 years warranty?2. For 3 years warranty units - It also say that its either 3 years or 60,000 mileage. So if the car has clocked 40,000 mileage, does it mean it only has another 20,000kms more before the warranty void? Or its 60,000km mileage on top of the already clocked mileage when I purchase the car?3. What does Free Servicing cover? 4. Are the price quoted in Premium Selection negotiable?5. The price quoted by Premium Selection is higher. Is it worth paying for the warranty? Alternatively, I can go for slightly older 320D that may not have warranty and save myself 30-40k. Surely nothing major repairs that would cost me up to 30k in the next 3 years right?Thanks in advance for your advice :)

Most of the guys I know bought their rides via Premium Selection including me. Mine was one of the really early Ds e.g. manufactured 2009. Anyway to answer your questions as best possible:

1. Warranty starts from when car was registered.
2. It is total clocked mileage so the lower the mileage when you bought it the better
3. BSRI covers most stuff except for ATF fluid, tires
4. Prices are negotiable but if they play hardball get as much freebies as possible such as tinting, BMW stuff, etc. Don't take anything less than a couple of thousand worth of freebies. They need to clear the stock so it is your market.
5. This depends on your personal appetite for risk. If you are willing to take the risk go ahead and get it from the secondary market. There are good ones out there. Best if you had a mechanic check the car before you commit. Personally for peace of mind I took the Premium Selection option.

Thanks, azmany72. Will go test drive the car tomorrow. Couldn't test drive today because the car batt was low. They play hardball, no discount.. Will try again tomorrow :D

For example, a 2009 320d trade in price is 140k, what price they are selling? usually 179,999.00, Always cut 10-15% if you can

Pre-owned 2011 car, going for 215k. Gosh, sales person also gave me the wrong payment calculation. They just sold off a 2009 car with 3xk clocked mileage for 172,000. Missed that.

duck;761340 said:
Pre-owned 2011 car, going for 215k. Gosh, sales person also gave me the wrong payment calculation. They just sold off a 2009 car with 3xk clocked mileage for 172,000. Missed that.

215K and played hard ball? better walk away and let them keep it!!!

New F30 320d is only 245k

If the new F30 320d is only RM245K, the 320i can be lower? Perhaps RM230K?

duck;761340 said:

215k?? wah... topup a lil bit and get the f30

duck;761340 said:

For that kind of price might as well wait a few months for a premium selection f30.

215k for an old model is really steep and wishful thinking on their part. I paid just slightly more when the e90 320d was still NEW.

If u can wait,i think F30 320d might come down to that price in a year time or so.
e90 premium selection/preowned priced at 215k is a bit too steep IMHO

Orion;761539 said:
If the new F30 320d is only RM245K, the 320i can be lower? Perhaps RM230K?

Normally 320i will be slightly higher. plenty of guesses around RM255k + / -

Wait for the F30 320d to go down. I think you'll have more fun in an F30.

Yeah, so yesterday I walked away from the showroom. The best they could do was to give me 8k discount, but strip down the warranty period to 3 years.. which made no sense to me because the car already has mileage on it. I would probably be more agreeable to buy it at 190k++. In fact, I was there with my documents and all to pay booking straight if they were willing to go down to 190k++.

I also test drove a 325i M-sport (e90). I know this has been discussed many times in the forum.. Just wanted to say that:

320d - Engine is significantly louder, even in the cabin - home minister sat at the back also say loud. Power is good at low end as everyone here knows, but engine has this 'gadak - gadak' sound when i floor it - maybe something wasn't right with the unit. Compared to the 325, I'll save more money in the long run.

325i - Drive was very smooth and the car felt lighter too. Home minister was more happy to be in the car as its quiet. The engine is Revvy, so power was delivered quite fast as well. But revving the engine that way also means I have to go to the fuel pump more often.. also mean i will spend more.

But well, to be fair.. both parties can't reach an agreement so the deal didnt happen. Sales person said she'll speak to her boss about it and contact me today. So far nothing, so I assume I can look else where.

Top Bottom